I watched Star Wars for the first time

I had never seen a Star Wars film in my life and after years of my friends pestering me about this franchise, I decided to watch every Star Wars movie that isn't some weird TV special in order. So I watched 4-6,1-3,7-R1.

Having done this, I can confirm that you guys are just being nostalgia fags about TFA. The best three movies by far are 4,5, and 7. Everything else is either mediocre or straight shitty.

Also, Rogue One was ludicrously overrated, can someone explain to me a single thing that is noteworthy about this movie? It was obvious that they wanted to do a more grounded and (((((((darker))))))) take on the universe, but instead of creating new plot elements to facilitate this premise, they just took every thing inherent to a Star Wars movie and made it duller to try to convince you that it was more mature because "WOAH EVERY1 DDIE WOOWW". I was expecting a small scale, claustrophobic suicide mission set in the Star Wars universe, but all I got was a Star Wars movie that was just as dumb as a main franchise film while also having half the personality.

The prequels are definitely the weakest films, but not as bad as people make them out to be. They have a certain charm to them that made them very watchable to me, like a certain level of melodrama that made it feel like watching one of those modernized Shakespeare movies. Not sure if that was intentional or not though.

In conclusion, 5, 4, and 7 are the best ones so far, R1 is a sand trap for plebs, the prequels aren't the pure visual cancer they are made out to be.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bJZR9oW5Vn0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Your taste is shit. Please leave.

under 18s are not allowed to post here.

>The best three movies by far are 4,5, and 7.
>7
You have to go back.

Oldfag here, I only rewatch the unaltered versions of ESB and ROTJ. Prequels make me cringe, and the new trilogy is fanfic tier.

>and 7
I see...

6 is much better fan service than 7. The throne room with The Emperor, Vader, and Luke is pure Star Wars. 7 has absolutely zero redeeming value.

I can look past nostalgia, and even though i used to be a big star wars nerd when i was younger, i personally find them to be the most overrated movies of all time. That in mind, i liked 7 because the characters were actually enjoyable. My favorite is 4. I havent seen 5 in years but when i was younger i hated it for being boring, even though 6 has some of my favorite characters introduced its very weak. The prequals are shit but ive grown up to the point i can laugh at them and enjoy them in an ironic way. I remember most everything about them so i still enjoy them. Rogue one was utter shit and that was the first star wars movie i ever left the theater feeling like garbage. Atleast when i saw the prequals i was a child. This was boring cancer with unnecesary emphasis on the directors mary sue protag. Literally the only interesting part was with the imperial admiral and his dynamic with tarkin.

>I can confirm that you guys are just being nostalgia fags about TFA
realizing a rehashed plot makes a story drop in quality isn't nostalgia ya mong

stealth shill thread detected,
Reminder that anyone who mentions 7 as anything but mediocre is a blatant shill troll or under the age of 23.

I CANT WAIT to torrent
star wars episode 8 -The empire strikes again.
wait lucas still owns the rights to all the best stuff, so we'll call it.
The first resistance strikes again.

basically this

When did you turn 24 user

>>The prequels are definitely the weakest films, but not as bad as people make them out to be. They have a certain charm to them that made them very watchable to me
It's called having a shit taste.

I only read the "In. conclusion" part.

If you think that TFA is one of the best you have shitty taste and I'm glad that I didn't waste my time reading the rest of your post.

TFA is just a rip off, is a copy of ANH but with worst characters.

Ep. VII is BY FAR the worst of the series. Not only because it's a shameless Disney roller-coaster, poor man's rip-off of Ep. IV, but because almost every single pixel has some kind of autism going on in it.

At the very least, Rogue One had some positives:
- Mendelsohn
- the Vader fan service
- decent ambience
- it was Star Wars noir (as noir as it will ever get without Kurtz, anyway)
- no kids (obtrusive ones, at least) or goofball nigger send-ups
- a decent cast (albeit, given mostly shitty scripts to embarrass themselves with)
- it fit into the SW universe well enough (far more than can be said for the pointless, nonsensical and legacy-destroying Ep.VII)

The prequels are still abjectly poor and only have a handful of redeeming aspects. However, the prequels do no necessarily get worse with time -- their schlocky nature is simply etched in the annuals. But, tellingly, they are made to look almost better(!) when put side-by-side with Shekel Whores: The Faeces Evacuates... And that's as scathing an indictment as can be made of a SW film.

Lastly, most would concede that RO is better, on merit, than any of the prequel films. As such, the "nostalgia" dismissal is clearly moot. People may have different filmic tastes, and today's film-goers might be the lowest-brow generation of all time, but a schlock is a schlock is a schlock is a schlock -- and the last (or schlockiest) schlock on that list is, objectively, Ep.VII.

Reminder

TFA is just a better version of 4. It is a cheap trick to completely rehash the plot more than 30 years after the original, but it is doesn't take away from the fact that it is more effective at what 4 set out to do.

I fucking hate this board

>doesn't take away from the fact that it is more effective at what 4 set out to do
great, i'm ready for an entire trilogy of more A New Hopes with even bigger death stars

>>>/reddit/

>prequels
>enjoyment requires understanding of Shakespeare, ecclesiastical history, philosophy, Enlightenment...

The faggot is strong with this one...

>TFA is just a better version of 4
your midi-chlorian count is low, jedi jar jar.

here -- take a top-up...

so you're okay with a death star in IV, a bigger death star in VI and a BIGGEST not-death star in VII? wow

>not watching 1-3,R1,4-7

>because the characters were actually enjoyabl
youtube.com/watch?v=bJZR9oW5Vn0
was this unironically enjoyable to you?

The characters are forgettable and the plot is soap opera. There's a gay faggot robot that minces all the way through. 95% of the value of the Star Wars franchise can be extracted by just watching the five or six drag racing based scenarios from the original trilogy that will come up in full on youtube if you type something like speeder/race/chase/trench assault.

kys pleb

>, i liked 7 because the characters were actually enjoyable
Kill yourself

i don't know if i'm getting trolled or what when people say the force awakens is a good movie. it's literally a shameless rip off of a new hope and they even managed to fuck that up. i can't comprehend how anyone can think tfa is good

I agree, outside 4, 5, 7 and parts of 6, everything is pretty bad.

It's easily the 3rd best film in the franchise. I could even see a solid argument for 2nd best.

So what's everyones opinion on last crusade. It's a complete rethread of raiders. Yet many that bash force awakens think its the best indy movie.

>TFA is just a better version of 4
Not trolling, but HOW exactly is TFA "a better version of 4"? The film had tons of plot holes and character's motivations seem to just change because the plot demanded it.

Give me arguments to support that stament.

so i'm getting trolled then. got it

I tried watching star wars 1 a few weeks ago and couldn't get over how laughably bad it was. I can't believe that pos was a blockbuster. It was a B movie that deserved to be in an ep of mst3k

Excellent taste.
5>4>7>6>R1>1>3>2.

Rogue One was the best Star Wars film because it was the least like Star Wars.

My order is the same just with 3 and 1 swapped.

>I had never seen a Star Wars film in my life

You have to be 18 to post here.

6 is very poorly paced. It spends way to long in jabbas palace saving a character that honestly doesn't need to be in the film. Leia feels pointless she does nothing interesting and says nothing interesting during the entire film. The climax is cluttered with way to much going on and it all tonally not syncing up very well. We have the very serious luke stuff and then the slapstick battle with the ewoks.
Rogue one 2/3s of the film is just dull. We aren't getting to know these characters at all. They just sort of exist. Theres a lot of stuff that feels like it should be important but due to lack of likable characters it just comes across as uninteresting.
The the prequels have to many problems to talk about.
4 could be put below for issues that mostly come from its age and lack of budget. Which detract a lot for some people.
Overall 7 is pretty well paced. The characters are likable and interesting. The acting is mostly solid. The story while lacking in orginality is still fun and still has enough twists of its own to differentiate it from episode 4.

Same plot as 4, better acting, better cinematography
I won't give arguments as to why it is below 4 and 5, or why it is above 1, 2 or 3. If you disagree with that general statement there's no discussing with you just like there's no reasoning with a shit flinging macaque or a spastic 4 year old. So I only have to argue as to why 7 is above 6 and R1
R1 is bad because the plot was known since the first time the text scroll from "Star wars (1977)" was on screen. There were no memorable characters, no development, nothing. It's only merits are the amazing VFX, Donnie Yen's and Alan Tudyk's acting, and the (A-M-A-Z-I-N-G) fanservice scene as Tantive IV escapes Vader. Other than that, it added nothing to the story or the universe. In contrast, TFA added 4 more characters, of which 3 did have actual development, it showed the continuation on the OG trio's story and on those merits alone it's leagues above R1
Arguing that 7>6 is trickier and a lot of it is subjective. Personally, I won't think your opinion is wrong if you say that 6>7, leaving TFA as 4th best. I just really dislike Luke's plan for the Han and Jabba arc, Lando is there because he was there in ESB, the 2nd act is boring and the throne room act does a huge disservice to Vader's character. For all we know, he could be switching sides out of self interest because the emperor asked Luke to kill him 10 seconds ago. RotJ also created the Leia is Luke's sister plot thread which I fucking hate. But RotJ has its moments, TFA has its flaws, and someone might like the sibling plot thread.
No.
I dislike both but I think the podracing and the Maul fights are beautifully choreographed, shot and scored. But it's subjective, there's nothing wrong with saying 3>1

>i liked 7 because the characters were actually enjoyable

>>>rebbit>>>

>Same plot as 4
It might have the same plot but they did an awful job with it.
>better acting
"Daisy sameface"
>better cinematography
*inhales*

>It might have the same plot but they did an awful job with it.
No, you're wrong, they did a great job.
>>better acting
>"Daisy sameface"
Hamill and Fisher weren't good actors either. And don't even get me started on Christiansen
And stop this meme. She's not great but she's not outright bad.
>>better cinematography
Ironic. The webm you posted is UNIRONICALLY my favourite scene of the movie and the shot I enjoyed most when I saw it, after my friend spoiled the main plot elements for me.

5>7=4>6>RO>1>3>2

The cinematography in 4 is pretty standard with a few exceptions. When we first meet rey the visual storytelling is just fantastic.
As for acting 4 is pretty all over the place. Ford and guinnes and few others are good. Most others are stiff and poor.

more like
5>4>7>6>3>R1>1>2

8 seems to be really good, it'll probably end up between 5 and 4.

>When we first meet rey the visual storytelling is just fantastic
What scares is that they might actually be people who think like this

I am . I expect 8 to land between 4 and 7, but we shouldn't judge it before it comes out.

Oh piss off. TFA made no sense. I dont care if the lightshow and BIGGER! everything memed you but no matter how good the visuals are it still doesn't make any sense in the context of the entire continuity the way the republic, the empire and the galaxy were set up at the end of VI and VII did nothing to bridge that gap

yea, but judging on leaked elements I'm speculating it'll probably end up high on the list.

Can you explain why its not

Pic
All you're saying is that 7 is below 4 and 5 which I agree with
Also what was set up in 6? Only the emperor and his right-hand man died, none of the other army generals. And there's no reason to believe that the republic had time or money to stand strong on its feet with them around.
Let's hope so!

Because...it's just flat as is the music accompanying the whole film. The way she and Finn talk is obnoxious. Her powers are Mary Sue-tier. Liking her and ep.7 is literally a sign of bad taste and lack of knowledge.

>none of the other army generals
A major contingent of the fleet got destroyed including one of their SSDs

Scenes show different planets, including Tatooine toppling down a statue of the Emperor implying the Empire has lost most of its control. Was there a huge set up? Not much. At least no specifics.

What VII fails is that it is the one who set up the fact that the First Order rose from the Empire (soundly defeated) and yet managed to create bigger and better weapons while having only a fraction of the resources and political influence in the galaxy

Additionally, this new republic only has a throwaway line, grand total of like 30 seconds screentime when we see it destroyed (not even named and many people thought it was coruscant)

The Resistance is fucking bullshit and a clear attempt to draw on the good guys being underdogs a-la Rebellion even though the republic was the status quo and they were on the same side

Forget the rehash, that's minor because the entire premise of the parties involved in TFA fail at a fundamental logical level

And dont give me crap about books explaining why. We all know full well the movie should stand on its own

TFA was garbage but honestly the whole series is shit. I say this as someone who watched this shit as a child and loved it so much I roleplayed for years on a star wars forum (nifrpg.net)

Growing up and having rewatched them recently I've come to the conclusion that the movies are just bad. They have some good parts sure, but overall are bad movies.

Its okay to like them but pitching them as some sort of kino is disingenuous.

The Force Awakens is literally only good BECAUSE of nostalgia, it's such a forgetable move with no substance otherwise.

Fuck off disney shill.

It sounds like someone can't stand the idea that his beloved MCU-wars could collapse under the weight of audience apathy once the "fans" all start to realize just how shitty and uninspired the Disney episodic SW films are and will be.

What, seriously,what did TFA offer other than:

>quips
>non-existent character arcs
>main characters that did nothing
>uninspired production design
>incorrectly used dutch angles
>another Death Star
>bad character development
>Dr. Who-tier creature designs
>nostalgia baiting
>awful CGI
>wishy washy """"""""""""""""""""""villain""""""""""""""""""""""
>bad pacing
>forced quips
>muh boyfriend
>major plot holes
>toothless villains who don't do anything even remotely frightening
>a predictable, derivative story
>even more dumb, forced quips
>no many ass pulls to count
>nooooooooooo it was Snoke, he seduced our shhuuuuun
>the OT actors phoning it in in full-on "well, it's a paycheck" mode
>overused filming locations that were easy to spot that even Game of Thrones do a better job making it look like they are set in a fictional world
>that fucking tentacle monster sequence
>an incoherent post-ROTJ universe that's such a convoluted mess that it makes AOTC look as straightforward as ANH
>that horrid helicopter shot
>orange Yoda
>hurdur "mystery boxes"

It was an utter, unredeemable trainwreck, and the only reason why people are afraid of saying that the emperor is truly wearing no clothes, is unlike in 1999 for TPM, we're inundated with the opinions of idiots (reddit) and the never ending torrents of shill reviews on RT and the nerd blogs, all desperate for those sweet disney bux.

So your entire argument for that scene is its flat. What a worthless broad statement. How is it obnoxious, I mean i dislike a few lines but most of there dialogue is fine in fact going by dialogue the film is one of the better ones in the franchise. Barely able to hold her own against a severly injured character how op, keep trying. Whats your opinion on all of the star wars films?

99% of the critiscms against force awakens are some of the most desperate lying and nit picking i have ever seen in my life. If we judged other film by this standard we could literally tear every film ever made apart. So many of the criticsms can easily be applyed to the orginal trilogy

>So many of the criticsms can easily be applyed to the orginal trilogy
List them.

Rebellion vs Empire made total sense. Resistance vs First Order doesnt

That's arbitrary as fuck

No it fucking doesnt. A party aligned with the status quo government controlling majority of the galaxy shouldnt be made to look like an underdog against the small remnant of a toppled empire

I agree with your post.

Poor dialogue
Stiff acting
Empire is not explained
Rebellion is not explained
Jedi are not explained
clone wars not explained
Look is op with little to know training
Characters change for no reason. Eg han coming back to help just a second before luke would have been killed.
Some poor cinematography.
The main thing is that almost nothing is explained.

This was all during a time when people could sit back and actually enjoy films. Unlike now where we just nit pick everything to death because we are pathetic and jaded and cant stand the idea that modern things can be enjoyable and fun. Maybe even more so than stuff from our precious childhoods

RĂ©sistance isn't the Republic moron.

Explain this -> >Only the emperor and his right-hand man died, none of the other army generals. And there's no reason to believe that the republic had time or money to stand strong on its feet with them around.

Boy i sure wish the movie explained why. But somehow shills know everything without the movie expounding on it

Faggot if the new republic had no financial means to create a strong navy you think a small fraction of the empire should be able to come up with significantly bigger ships and bases? Literally what kind of logic

And read A significant portion of the fleet and an SSD gets rekd. So while ground forces may have survived endor, you can't deny the empire suffered a huge dent in its power and resources

ot>pt>nu-wars

>Faggot if the new republic had no financial means to create a strong navy you think a small fraction of the empire should be able to come up with significantly bigger ships and bases?
Who told you the first order is "a small fraction of the empire"?
>And read #
>A significant portion of the fleet and an SSD gets rekd.
Who told you it's a "significant portion"?
>So while ground forces may have survived endor, you can't deny the empire suffered a huge dent in its power and resources
Fuck yes I can
The empire spanned an entire galaxy and they only lost one planet's worth of metal and resources (the size of DS2). Galaxies have trillions of stars, each has many planets orbiting

Like I said, your entire reasoning is hinging on non-canon estimations of the remnants of the empire after the battle of Endorsed, because you're trying to suspend disbelief and not enjoy the movie. It's hip to swim against the Disney current, especially if Sup Forums says DAJOOS are behind it amirite?

5>4>6>R1>3>7>1>2

It's pretty gay that that guy typed up all of that shit in a word doc so that he could come here and paste it in so that he could immediately screenshot his own posts and make a picture of it. That's gayer than the prequels.

>Empire is not explained
>Rebellion is not explained
Both of these were explained very well, to the point they discussed politics and how the Empire's actions affected the senate.
>Jedi are not explained
>clone wars not explained
"For over a thousand generations, the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic." This is all that was NEEDED. Clone Wars didn't need to be explained because it didn't affect the trilogy at all.
>Look is op with little to know training
You're right, that's why he got his ass kicked, got told off plenty of times and actually struggled throughout the film.
>Characters change for no reason. Eg han coming back to help just a second before luke would have been killed.
hurrr what is character development, dummy?
>Some poor cinematography.
Opening and ending shots are one of the most iconic shots in all of cinema.
>The main thing is that almost nothing is explained.
Like what?

>This was all during a time when people could sit back and actually enjoy films.
Or maybe because A New Hope could actually stand as a stand alone film?

Try again.

These justifications all apply to TFA as well. You are being a complete faggot.

>Empire is not explained
>Rebellion is not explained
>Jedi are not explained
>clone wars not explained

And all that doesn't need explaining. You already get all the information you need from the title crawl. The Empire is evil, the rebels are the good guys who stole the plans for their secret superweapon. That's it.
TFA on the other hand is a sequel, so you need to understand how you got from ROTJ to the situation at the beginning of the movie. TFA reboots the whole war giving new names to each faction but doesn't explain how we got there. It feels like we're missing at least an episode if not a trilogy.

>Look is op with little to know training

I don't think you've even watched the original trilogy at this point.

>Characters change for no reason. Eg han coming back to help just a second before luke would have been killed.

Han never liked the Empire and found out about their superweapon that can destroy entire planets. He sees the only faction opposing the Empire is about to get wiped out along with his new friends and has a change of heart when they make him understand how selfish he's being.
Han, just like Luke, gets shat on in TFA where his entire character arc from the OT gets completely forgotten and they both abandon their friends and the cause they fought for.

>The prequels are definitely the weakest films, but not as bad as people make them out to be. They have a certain charm to them that made them very watchable to me, like a certain level of melodrama that made it feel like watching one of those modernized Shakespeare movies. Not sure if that was intentional or not though.
oh look another disney shill post attempting to rehab the prequels

is anyone even seeing TLJ?

No, they don't.
You should probably get some taste before posting here again.

>the force awakens
>good

The initial hype after the movie was again people not accepting what this garbage was, a straight up reskinned clone of Star Wars.

Unfortunately the very thing that made the franchise great, has made it shit. The unconditional love for Star Wars has ruined it, also all the fuckboys who buy the merchandise.

Star Wars is just straight up pottery on every level.

Said no real person ever. This is exactly how my girlfriend "prepared" for the new movie, watching all the films for the first time in July or so and thought the new one was soulless dogshit.
Her list is 4>5>1>6>2>>>>Mine is 5>4>>>>3>>>2>>>>>>>>Neither of us are Star Wars fans in general; Battlestar Galactica household if anything

nope.avi

I actually am autistic enough to blow you the fuck out but I've got exams tomorrow
Plus posting a deleted scene as "bad effects" evidence means you are trolling and you most likely even agree with me. All good :)
Fuck yeah, although my hype is killed since I believe ESB can't be topped
I just hope my theater has non-3D viewings. Ragnarok was 3D only and it was an eyesore. The conversion was so poorly done. On Odin's death you would think he was floating because his feet were obscured from the tall geass and his body, ankles-and-up was way "closer to the camera" compared to the grass, so it looked like a footless Odin was floating.
Ironic shitposting is still shitposting. The prequels are irredeemably, inexcusably bad.

>I actually am autistic enough to blow you the fuck out but I've got exams tomorrow

>The webm you posted is UNIRONICALLY my favourite scene of the movie and the shot I enjoyed most
It's okay to have a shit taste, user.

Alright even I know Star Wars faggotry is off the charts but when you say you watched 4-6, what the hell do you think you watched? Something resembling the original versions that people have in their hearts and witness being chopped and gutted like a dead fish?

I'm no Star Wars fan, just someone who liked the kino as a kid, but I believe the actual fans rightfully do not give one shit what some newfag thinks.

>3 not considered as the best
Please kindly fuck off

I could get a better shot on my goddamn drone I bought on eBay for $150.

Name one (1) flaw with that shot

>so much effort into terrible bait

If you saw special edition you saw shit. Only way to enjoy 4-6 is despecialized edition.

>I can confirm that you guys are just being nostalgia fags
preach on!

WE

>and 7
sure thing shill

I agree with this too.