Yes. Holy shit do I not like the Nolan movies, or Nolan in General...

Yes. Holy shit do I not like the Nolan movies, or Nolan in General. There's always amazing cinematography but I can't stand the way he mixes, wherein the music and sound effects will be loud and blaring and drown out all the dialogue (Fun fact, I had no idea what Bale's Batman was saying in the Dark Knight after the enhanced interrogation scene, so it completely went over my head that batman was going after Rachel but Joker switched their locations around). It was funny though that, since no one could understand Tom Hardy at test screenings, they mixed his audio waaaay up and he was the only one I could consistently understand in the Dark Knight Rises because his voice sounded like it was booming from all directions. I hate that the characters don't talk to each other as so much as they get into Philosophical discussions/arguments with one and other, or offer exposition. Even the Bank Manager has some philosophical/moral code he imparts between shotgun shells in The Dark Knight.

Also Batman is more of a Rich asshole with anger issues and more money than sense then he is a Detective. I know that Batman uses cool technology to help him reach conclusions, but he at least does SOME investigatory work and speculating and doesn't let the damn machines do it all for him. Also for a supposedly "realistic" movie, that was some fucking asspull with his computer generating a fingerprint based on fragments of a bullet (That I'm not sure he had).

Also, White people here probably don't care when it happens to other races, but there is something infuriating when you take two of the Caped Crusader's most well known and established villains of some color (Middle Eastern for Ras, Latino for Bane) and turn them into the Whitest mother fuckers ever. Like Tom Hardy is so White, his skin reflects light. If you wanted to use Henry Ducard, use Henry Ducard, you dick.

I have more to say but I keep hitting the word limit, and at this point I'm just going to be nitpicking.

>Gotham National Bank Manager: Do you have any idea who you are, Stea Lingfrom? You and your friends are dead!

Is this one of the most underrated reveal in film history? Nolan's love for twist reveals isn't just a gimmick like Shyamalan's use of them, but it's deeply tied to his recurring thematic obsessions, the cerebral labyrinths, the intellectual games around the mysteries of one's Identity and Memories, and the concept of Time. Stea's amnesia is a continuation of Guy Pearce's character in Memento. His wearing a mask is highly symbolic: he doesn't remember that he and his friends were dead all along (this denial of one's death and the traumatic grief/memory glitches that follows can be seen in Insomnia and Inception to some extent), he "hides" his true self. However when the bank manager reminds him of this essential truth, he manages to find Himself, he can now achieve psychological inner peace and gets Reborn. Stea's journey culminates in him finally removing the mask (his visage is abnormally pale, as a sign of his undead state), but if you remember correctly, indeed all his friends remain dead (they never take off the "masks", which "blinds" them, if you will), as they have not been able to triumph over their former traumas (I assume they all died in a bus accident, hence the subconcious re-playing of the trauma at the end) in order to regain their lost identity/memory. Much more subtle and thematically deep that Bruce Willis' realization at the end of The Sixth Sense imo, and also brilliantly subverted by having the reveal at the BEGINNING instead of the end, which btw is classic Nolan. His subversion of narrative structure is also part of the brilliance of Memento and Inception. His films are psychological, intellectual labyrinths.

>that comic
Why the fuck do drivers talk to people they are driving?

Because driving isn't as difficult as people like to pretend it is.

Yeah but they're getting paid to drive not gab gab gab with the client

There's something to be said about a movie that knows what it is and doesn't try to pretend to be something that it's not. The Nolan Batmen are inferior films because they try to be smarter than they could ever be when the story is about a rich guy who dresses up like a bat and punches a scarecrow and a clown. In this way, the Schumacher Batmen are objectively better movies than the Nolan Batmen.

They're also not being paid to breathe or metabolize or age.

You make a conscious effort to breathe? Are you retarded?

You are now breathing and blinking manually.

>punches a scarecrow
He's not an actual scarecrow. Of all the characters to criticize you criticize the one that makes the most sense because his "costume" isn't actually a costume but is simply a gas mask he occasionally wears to stop from breathing in his own stuff.

Who cares? They're not charging the client for the conversation, it's a free extra. If you don't want to talk to them, don't talk to them.

>tfw indie comic makers think their shit is worthwhile when compared with anything besides capeshit.
>tfw they don't know they are shit when compared to grorious nippon.

>indie
Wilson is not an independently published comic.

...What long-hair skin?

And I'm not going to tip them for the conversation. Drivers should drive, not talk.

>hasn't seen the films
>makes derogatory assertions about the fundamental nature of the films
>doubles down when faced with contradictory assertions made by someone substantially better informed

classic

clowes is a hack

I don't get this comic
What's the joke ?

Why do you keep moving goalposts? Nobody cares if you're going to tip or not, you asked why drivers talk to people and we answered your question. Now get out.

I'll stay if I want you tumor.

>receives a reply one hour later
>responds in less than a minute
O B S E S S E D

Yup, just like the average Sup Forums poster.

Yup.

You mean a literal burlap sack

Yes.