Mid season finale promo

youtu.be/f4A8vzLUo2M

What are your predictions

>not /STD/

Why so insecure?

that's clearly frost

Cute.

STD is an abomination

Do you guys think we'll see Spock next season?

You know a show is good when it has good fan art

A lot of Star Trek seasons are abominations. Like the third season of TOS and first season of TNG.

The guy who wrote episode 8 said episode 9 will be as good as "Balance of Terror". Why isn't Sup Forums hyped?

isnt it suppose o be /std/

The correct shorthand is DIS

I really hope is right and Lorca captures and tortures L'rell secretly, and then is right and the captured L'rell says Ash/Voq's trigger words (while Ash/Voq is torturing L'rell) and awakens him. This would take course over several episodes.

>The guy who wrote episode 8 said episode 9 will be as good as "Balance of Terror". Why isn't Sup Forums hyped?
Because we saw episode 8.

its literally been called std since the show was announced

The guy who wrote EP8 didn't write ep9. He said he got jealous when he read episode's 9 script and he called the writers geniuses. Still not hyped?

its hard to be hyped for a polished shit

It's okay to call it DIS.

Possible that the second part of this two parter will be better but still hard to hype when the first part was cow flop. I'm still going to watch, and go in with an open mind and heart, but hyped? No.

I want that to happen as well but you never know with these writers.

Please use the official DISCO Original Content next time.

How did the main writers get hired? They've only written teen drama before Discovery.

>GUYS, ITS GENIUS! SUPER SERIOUS!!! WATCH IT LIVE AT 5:30/6:30C ON CBS ALL ACCESS!!!

Thanks. Got any more pics?

Wtf do you want us to talk about in this general, retard?

I'm making fun of your manufactured enthusiasm for this "fall midseason finale".

Someone who worked on the show praised the finale? Wow I better purchase CBS All Access right now and tune in!

Your post is the opposite of discussion - it's secondhand advertisement.

Why aren't there any "Punished Michael" shoops?

because shes a nigger

actually its because no one is watching this crap

I'm the fag who made these poorly done OCs for Orville. Took me about 30 seconds.

I wouldn't even waste 3 seconds on making OC for STD.

Okay so we’re the only general that’s not allowed to get hyped or post quotes from the writers. Got any other rules for us?

How is Seth's character punished? Getting cucked isn't enough

Feel free to copypaste any number of press releases from the CBS marketing team. Just don't surprised when you're called out as a shill for it.

>no one is watching this crap

Forced to kill those Krill kid's parents and erase a woman from the time stream?

Nice CBS press release, shill

Fuck Airiam is cute. You guys think Lorca fucked her?

>muh shill boogeyman

DIS is the most popular show in the world

I'm kind of surprised this show is as popular as it is.

Her actress is really attractive.

>Hey maybe with Lorca giving cyborgfu the com will giver her more character development

>All that makeup wasted on meaningless scenes

Lorca even fucked Saru just to show what an alpha he is. There probally isn't anyone on DISCO who isn't carrying Lorca's semen in their belly

Stop being obsessed over it

the show isn't popular, though

well of course, It has some high quality fan art

It's as popular, if not more popular, than Game Of Fucking Thrones.

Maybe spoiler tag this image next time? I'm marathoning the STD pilot and I didn't need to know Captain Chink died.

Dropped STD after the third episode. Shit show.

the best think about std is that its made me appreciate ENT

Saru dies on the 5th episode
The guy Lorca rescues from the Klingon spaceship is a spy

people have only started spewing this bs since std came out

>i have never been to /trek/ threads
>i have never watched the series
Way to go idiot

uhhhhhh
is this taken out of context or is the show really this bad

Every character has fucking botox face and It bugs me on a primal level

I can't look at their stupid fucking faces without wanting to hit them

>shill says std is doing bad because hurr durr the first 2 seasons of TNG were bad
>won't point out why it was bad and probably carried the tone watching it because other people said so

>demand means paying subscribers

Does someone really have to explain why Naked Now, Code of Honor and Justice are laughably bad episodes?

Yikes. Fuck this general then. At least on /trek/ they're polite about spoilers whena sked.

You probably already left, but trust me, those aren't spoilers. Maybe that last one, but nothing's actually been 'confirmed'

>3 episodes I don't like means TNG was bad
>ALL 8 EPISODE OF STD ARE FANTASTIC THE WRITERS EVEN SAY 9 WILL BE AS GOOD AS TOS! wow what a treat
TNG suffered because people wanted kirk and the gang and the staff had a problem with gene going of the deep end

If you go back and watch them now you can see they were trying to be tos instead of space ambassadors

FRIEZA FRIEZA FRIEEEEEEZAAAA! ....

youtube.com/watch?v=va8fa7-U51Q

Not him, but the first two seasons of TNG were incredibly rough. If we're counting, about 32 of the the 48 episodes of the first two season of TNG are bad.

Watch Chaos on the Bridge

Really annoying that they won't give this qt more screentime

>For CBS All Access, the dawn of a new day for “Star Trek” broke the SVOD service’s single-day record for new subscriber sign-ups, besting the mark set earlier this year by the Feb. 12 Grammy Awards telecast.

i know what fa/tv/irgin's tired response will be but i'm really digging this girl who pushes buttons and looks nervously at the viewscreen

Last episode had potential, stuff like the saru backstory was nice but thats about it.
I dont care about these characters at all and the episode before that was so bad i had to pause it 5 times during the "frat party"

They were rough for reasons unrelated to the reasons STD is fucking terrible. This is total false equivalency.

We really dont know anything about the this crew do we?

Eww

How can you dig what hasn't had any sort of development at all? You may as well obsess over an extra.

I honestly thought lorca was sneezing the first time he tried to say her name. that was funny.

We know things about Tilly and Stamets

Not for the same reasons STD is bad and btw i liked the first 2 seasons of TNG aswell not great but fine, the music and overall tone is in some instances even better.

she likes soldiers

I enjoyed the second season but the first season was objectively trash.

Anyone have the webm of the game that STD ripped off with the tardigrade space travel?

Why did Stamets call Tilly captain? Can he see into the future?

I actually want a trans crew member. There's almost no positive trans representation in fiction in any form of media. Some people will probably think of this as a joke, but reminding an incredibly persecuted and oppressed minority that they have a place in the future would be extremely empowering.

I really doubt that by the time STD is set there will be anything to say about a problem as simple as transexual identification. If you have the ability to rewrite genetic code you can make a genetic male female and a genetic female male. You would then have no transgendered people at all, just fucking people. In the same way that no one gave a fuck that Picard is bald, no one would give a fuck that someone happened to be born the wrong sex.

>when shills try to troll in order to bring new posters into a thread and make it seem like it has anything resembling activity

dead show is dead

weak ass bait

Hmm true

>3 hours
>85 replies
>22 posters

THE SHOW EVERYONE IS TALKING ABOUT

Um Star Trek has always been progressive

This show is too patrician for Sup Forums.

>targeting jjtrek fans
>patrician

Yes

This

It was fake

Who is the most level headed one on Discovery? Normally there's a rational character in the mix.. a Spock or Seven or Tuvok, a Data. Someone 'go to' for an an unemotional response. Is there one?

Lot of work for a fake.
The website goes back to last year

nope. even the gay doctor overracts to everything

Wow the future sounds wonderful

The ship's computer

Discovery was written before the game.

Did you guys watch the episode 9 preview on After Trek? Michael disobeys Lorca and calls him illogical. What the fuck is her problem?