What Chinese movies are actually worth sitting through?

What Chinese movies are actually worth sitting through?

Other urls found in this thread:

gfycat.
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Jackie Cham kinography

I like Ip Man.

I'd ⭐⭐⭐⭐ her right in the ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Are all his movies dubbed? Every time I try to download a Jackie Chan movie there's at least three different dubs and that's not counting the English one.

Chinese, not Hong Kong, user

Start with Zhang Yimou shit for babby’s first asian film. Then to John Woo to get your action fix. Finally Wong Kar Wai for romance/crime noir kino.
But I guess you already knew this and just wanted to post a bait thread with that thicc chink. Sauceeeeee!

Majority are. It sucks. I'd rather watch it in Chinese than hear Jackie Chan barely talk english over his own character.

>using a half naked woman picture to bring attention to your shit thread

Who the HECK is this

I actually do want to find shit as it's mandatory for this bullshit film class. Gracias hombre

only a fag would complain

That's what I hate about it too. It's so distracting which is a shame because Drunken Master was a fun romp.

All Hong Kong movies were dubbed until pretty recently. The cameras they used were so loud, they didn't even bother recording sound while shooting.

All of Bruce Ree films

Here's a list:

Has anybody seen Trivisa? worth a watch?

>being this new
Sup Forums use to be fun btw

Still Hong Kongywood, damnit! i want mainland

goddamn she fine.

Anyone got source?

Cute kids. Those r/hapa people are loons.

Due west: Our sex journey

FUCK virgins

Shaw Bro flicks

Looks like quality cinema

Jackie Chan is a British Hong Konger, mate.

It's good, very good production values, as is to be expected from Milkyway.

>women who eat ass

Truly the top tier of women

user don't be crass it's obviously an unorthodox blowjob technique

absolutely
gfycat.
com/ShorttermHastyHuia

Almost every Johnnie To movie, but especially the following:

Sparrow
Election
Election 2
Don't Go Breaking My Heart
Don't Go Breaking My Heart 2
Life Without Principle
Office
Throw Down
My Left Eye Sees Ghosts
A Hero Never Dies
Fulltime Killer
Breaking News
The Mission

And she has 5/5 tits

prove it user

Also Romancing in Thin Air

Loved it. Glorious CAT III

“Road Home”, “Farewell My Concubine”, & “Once Upon A Time In China” are my recommendations user.

Ok taking out HK movies we got
The film festival movies
The non film festival movies
For the latter I rec
Lost on Journey
Aftershock 2010 (I basically liked everything Feng Xiaogang ever did)
Let the Bullet Fly
Dearest (by a HK director)
Mojin-The Lost Legend

Haven't seen that African action yet

Mainland is trash.

Most disgusting shit ever. People who like this are sick fags.

You owe it to yourself to experience Red Cliff.

Would it kill chinks to actually make a grounded war movie based on the conflicts of that era?

This plus The Untold Story (or its literal title as translated from Cantonese to English - The Eight Immortal Restaurant: Human meat filled Char Sui Baos).

Seen it. Just OK.

thank u based chinese cinephile

Confirmed for newfag

yes please

>ugly people have a propensity of turning into bitter lunatics
in other news, water is wet

Id let her sit on me, if you catch my drift

Good movies are from Hong Kong, especially Woo-kino. I don´t think is even a chinese movie that anyone else than chinks like.

interesting, as neither of the parents are lookers. hybrid vigor right there

Snow Flower and the Secret Fan.
The Good Earth

did u even see the Great Wall

Any Chinese films about being a basketball American and getting arrested in mainland China?

I'd grab her right in the antifa?

Forgot pic

Three Kingdoms 2011

i wanna suck some pussy lads

>*eats dog and kills a kid in the middle of the street*

are you saying that the people in Hong Kong arent chinese? Because i think reality might disagree with you.
>B BUT ITS NOT REALLY CHINA
if someone in Washington DC makes a movie, its still an american movie.

Movie no
TV yes

dubs of hope. You're gonna make it senpai

are you a virgin?

They might have shit for brains, but at least they're narcissistic enough to spend a lot of time making their hair look as retarded as possible.

i don't get the point of this post

Chungking express was good. So was Hard boiled. Basically look for Hong kino and not chink shit

They love the shit outta some period drama, that's for sure

hong kong is not exactly equal to dc in the eyes of either party

t. Butthurt nigger

How do I become the pusy slave of a girl like that without become a pathetic roastie enabler?

Yi Yi
All about Lily Chou
Fallen Angels
Farewell my concubine
A Touch of Sin

for chinese stuff from Hong Kong and Taiwan check out these
Miao Miao
literally every wong kar wai film except the one he did for hollywood
Yi Yi
Police Story
Hero (i think this is hong kong, it might be mainlaind though)
those are my favorites anyway
For mainland stuff they are really only just starting to get off the ground and catch up with Taiwan and Hong Kong, but for now i reccomend
The Mermaid
Aftershock
The Assassin (cooperative effort by Hong Kong, Mainland, and Taiwanese producers)

Be a rich banker

pusy slave = roastie enabler

Break free of your chains or enable roasties for eternity

impossible

Is Wu Ershan an ok director?

Aftershock was doooope

Hong Kong is literally part of China in the same way that DC is part of the United States, but both regions have characterists that distinguish them from the rest of the country.
Its astounding to me that people somehow believe an entire different group of people are confined to Hong Kong and dont have signifcant ethnic ties to the mainland.

Sure if you wanna argue that its not culturally exactly the same as China it would be stupid of me to fight that, but the cultures in Texas and California are also radically different but both american and its the same for the people in Hong Kong.
At best you could argue they are Chinese with an asterisk.

For some reason, mainland Chinese people differentiate HK movies from mainland movies
Some prefer the HK movies
Some want their "homegrown" industry to grow strong

Although technically the industry of the two are inseparable even before 97 and HK people were dominant in areas like star system, stunts, and effects

Sure, if Texas or Cali had strong separatist movements.

Texas literally does you absolute moron.
In a 2016 poll 40% of the state wanted to leave the US.

There is a law inside china that defines what counts a mainland Chinese movie, with a quota of cast and crew from mainland instead of from Hong Kong or Taiwan. The qualified movies enjoy the screening quota.

It's basically a protectionist policy to develop the "homegrown" movie industry

Are you retarded? Every time they don't get their way you get a bunch of idiot Texans bitching about how they should secede from the union.

>t. Chen
No bittersweet sauce this time, okay?

kek i hope they get 10 years hard labor

You left out the part right before this where she puts a dildo in his butt

Anyone seen that one about some chick who wants to kill her husband, everything was framed in circles and shit

YECK!

thanks OP im fucking cumming

Ah yes, Oldboy

lol so what. Totally meaningless. You are just a stupid American that doesn't even own a passport so do not speak on these issues.

Hong Kong and China are basically separate and someone from Hong Kong will never get along with a cunt mainlander.

A chinese ghost story
Once upon a time in china with jet li
Cynthia rothrock and Michelle yeoh police assasins, 1 & 2.

Hong Kong indeed is different from the mainland but I don't think it's fair to totally exclude Hong Kong from china.
1. The early Hong Kong movie industry took in many talents from mainland. The Shaw Bros was a successor of Tianyi Studio from Shanghai (with a heavy investment in Malaysia)
2. In 80s and 90s Hongkong also hired many mainland talents. Jet Li was one of them
3. Hong Kong movies back then were made with mainland and Southeast Asian and Taiwanese market in mind and dubbed with Mandarin
4. Many Hongkong movies were shot on Mainland locations.
5. I am not sure about the mainland investment into Hongkong movies

The current Hongkong Mainland coproductions can be said to be dominated by Hongkong talents but I don't think it's fair to say that mainland contributed nothing either.

WHOM?

WE

Sometimes Hongkong people and Mainlanders work together well

Taiwanese softcore idol turned actress Shu Qi. You may know her from the Transporter (2002).

Yeah she mainstream now

i liked this

Pure kino and excellent taste user.