KONY 2012

So what was the final verdict on Invisible Children? Was it really just an elaborate scam?

I don't know about the film, but the facts about Kony are horrific

He forced children to murder their own parents. He forced children to murder their own teachers and eat them. He forced children to smash open the heads of infants. This man is a demon incarnate.

>muh 100 gorillion

>thinking Kony actual existed

top cuck

Isn't this a scene from predator?

kys

I'm pretty fucking sure Kony did not come up wtih these things by himself. That shit happens in African tribal warfare.

Always smelled very spooky to me

DILLON

fucking lizard

Kony is real and he did all those horrible things, but his heyday was 20 years ago. The dude is old and irrelevant and his army has mostly abandoned him. He was kept in check pretty good by the local african governments anyway so its not like he was this out of control powerful millitant force like ISIS.
So yeah, it was an elaborate scam but it was based on truth. The guy who made it just wanted to get liberal brownie points

>That shit happens in African tribal warfare.

Dat racist!

CIA ruse
They don't always work

The guy who made it also made a boatload of cash from bullshit "care packages", then got caught masturbating naked in the street high out of his mind in his post-scam drug binge

I remember they literally forced us to watch the Kony 2012 documentary in school lmao fucking propaganda garbage

I voted for Kony 2012 dont worry lads

They made us watch it in school too. I remember getting in trouble because I asked if trying to fight Kony means killing children because we would have to fight his child soldiers to get him. I wasn't even trying to start shit or anything, I was genuinely concerned, but I got a detention anyway.

Serves you right for thinking for yourself.
Next time don't ask such problematic questions

It turned out the children weren't invisible. They just didn't exist.

Don't blame me, I voted for General Butt Naked.

>be master shyster
>know that charity events tend to be complete bullshit 90% of the time, with barely any funds actually reaching the destination in good scenarios
>I could do that
>okay I need a cause
>oh what about this irrelevant african warlord who not only ceased being active back in the mid-2000s but was probably killed
>I'll inflate his impact and significance in african wars and create a conspiracy to fuel support for my """""charity"""""!
>*proceeds to make millions off of retarded millenial kneejerkers who don't research anything they donate to*

I thought this was a predator thread until I read the question the guy was asking.

>We most stop KONY now America!
>From the same group of people who are up in arms about Bush killing Hussein

Like how do you stop Kony without an open arm conflict let along one without the backing of US military?

this was a psyop right

How many people were convinced they were making a difference when they saw this video five years ago? All they did was watch the video and change their profile pics on FB for a week at most. God I hate armchair activists and their faggotry.

The people will totally welcome us as liberators this time! What could possibly go wrong?

>A March 2012 mass showing of the film in Lira, the site of one of Kony's worst atrocities in Uganda, was met with jeering and thrown objects at the screen and at the group African Youth Initiative Network, which screened the film and provided translations. The screening prompted angry calls to local radio stations by Ugandans upset that the film was so focused on the filmmakers and Kony while neglecting the conflict's victims, prompting complaints that the film was "more about whites than Ugandans."[73] Others objected to being reminded of the horrors Kony brought to Uganda.

lol

Yep.
>The third world kids are all actually child soldiers and brainwashed by Kony
>Ooops turns out it was a scam
>But still the third world is a war torn hell hole and we need to take in refugees
So now every white girl thinks the refugees are all invisible children and poor oppressed women who were struggling against people like Kony.

the guy was an evangelical christian though.

I remember people still making KONY 2012 posts on facebook and youtube well into 2013

Most African Warlords are like this, how these people have the gall to move away from their shitholes to our countries and criticize our governments, at least we're don't send death squads out to rape your infants and eat your elder relatives as you watch on with your ears/mouth tore off.

>let's give money to war criminals to try and stop war criminals

The LRA was a shadow of its former self and not even active in Uganda at the time.

>Most African Warlords are like this
Bruh, u r generalizing rite ther bruh.

Das

Rayciss

All african warlords aint killaz bruh.

Das

Rayciss

Scam idiot librals out of their money for a drug fueled masterbation binge. Sounds pretty based to me

bring back our girls anyone

>Nigeria
>Our girls

romney blew him away in the primaries. a shame

Looks like a nice guy desu

bill burr's joke about this was great
>who the fuck are you asking for help? look across the dinner table, your husband was the most powerful person in the world

This one is fucked because out of the hundreds of girls that were kidnapped, only a couple of dozen were rescued and returned, the rest were sold into slavery/prostitution/marriage into neighboring countries like Chad or Mauritania. And people in the West think 'we' (thinking counties like the US or UK sent troops to help LOL) saved them all.

>Chad
It's always a Chad. They always get all dat ebony pussy

I remember Anthony Green of Circa Survive being a big supporter. I wonder how he felt after it was revealed to be a scam.