BR2049 Final Cut

You get to edit the "Final Cut" of Blade Runner 2049. What changes do you make? What do you cut? What do you add?

Other urls found in this thread:

rogerebert.com/balder-and-dash/tears-of-a-machine-the-humanity-of-luv-in-blade-runner-2049
youtube.com/watch?v=Rwbqi5YIsls
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Cut out manface whore, cut out resistance. Cut out long pauses. Fix the music. Add narration over the bee scene. Ends on K in the snow.

KINOKINOKINOKINOKINOKINOKINOKINO

Delete all the flashbacks. That's literally it.

>Add narration
I would cut the narration. Especially the flashback to sapper during the bridge scene.

I cut the entire movie, because it was shit

Most of Vegas can go. It's full of boring shit that drags the movie.

I would add the deleted JOI scene in vegas for sure. The "I love you" "you don't have to say that" scene.

delete flashbacks, maybe keep a couple audio only flashbacks

End with deckard going into the building and k lying in the snow

That's literally all that needs to be altered

It's supposed to be surreal. It's supposed to feel like a dream. Films are not just about plot points, it should be an experience.

Yeah but the Harrison Ford scenes drag. Hearing the audience I was with laugh and his quips and pouring whiskey on the floor for the dog was awful.

Agreed. I quite liked the Las Vegas segment.

>End with deckard going into the building and k lying in the snow
Then his sacrifice would not be clear, it would seem like he just wanted to save Deckard and he is free to do what he wants. K didn't want that, he specifically wanted to reunite a father with his daughter inspite of what everyone was telling him to do and the audience needs to see that happening.
Also the juxtaposition of K laying on the steps experiencing real snow while the daughter is experiencing fake snow

Movie ends when K meets Deckard. No epic fight scene. No army of replicants. Just them drinking together and K leaving without telling him he thinks he's his son. We never find out if he is.

>Hearing the audience I was with
This is the final cut, not the normie cut. It's meant to be for us.

Cut out replicant resistance and bees. Add deleted city walking scenes to flesh out the streets more

Thank god you're not an actual screenwriter

>Add deleted city walking scenes to flesh out the streets more
Yes

I would change the resistance seen. Take away the cringe scene of the other replicants walking out and then standing in formation.
Reduce Mackenzie Davis appearance as much as possible even though she was a minor character.
Hideous creature she is.

Everything after that point in the movie felt tacked on. The fight scene by the wall was the gayest thing ever.

Only one thing:

CGI a suit and tie onto Deckard, so he looks like a proper Film Noir old guy, and doesn't look like Harrison Ford dressed up to pull weeds or clean the gutters on his day off.

remove deckard
remove "you've never witnessed a miracle" flashbacks
remove replicant resistance
flesh out luv and wallace

Absolutely. The streets and the sky above Nu-Los Angeles are so fucking AESTHETIC in both movies.

Post credits scene reveals K is alive and greeted by a mysterious man telling him he's done a big guy's job.

Remove all flashbacks pls

Fucking sweaty t-shirt and jeans the whole movie. It's like they had him come on set after he walked his dog and got lunch or something.

i meant that as a catchall for all flashbacks yeah

>wearing a suit and tie when you live in the rubble of a city raising bees
*tips fedora*

Annoyed the shit out of me that he didn't give me a Deckard vibe at all, when Edward James Olmos instantly felt like old Gaff, thanks to that prissy little bow tie...

>manface whore
If you're talking about Luv, I will find you, I will kill you

cut out:
>resistance subplot
>hans zimmer soundtrack

add:
>couple extra scenes with Luv/Wallace establishing him as a villain and less of a weird Jared Leto DAMAGED meme
>an additional 2 hours peppered throughout the film that's just Goose slowly driving around cyberpunk LA with Lazerhawk, Kavinsky, and other synthwave music playing.

Was this necessary?

>last scene
>AND A REAL HERO REAL HUMAN BEAN AND A REAL HERO REAL HUMAN BEAN AND A REAL HERO REAL HUMAN BEAN AND A REAL HERO REAL HUMAN BEAN AND A REAL HERO REAL HUMAN BEAN AND A REAL HERO REAL HUMAN BEAN AND A REAL HERO REAL HUMAN BEAN AND A REAL HERO REAL HUMAN BEAN AND A REAL HERO REAL HUMAN BEAN AND A REAL HERO REAL HUMAN BEAN AND A REAL HERO REAL HUMAN BEAN AND A REAL HERO REAL HUMAN BEAN AND A REAL HERO REAL HUMAN BEAN AND A REAL HERO REAL HUMAN BEAN AND A REAL HERO REAL HUMAN BEAN AND A REAL HERO REAL HUMAN BEAN AND A REAL HERO REAL HUMAN BEAN AND A REAL HERO REAL HUMAN BEAN.mp3 starts playing

Kino.

goose eating robin wright out

Find some out-takes with hand gestures and add those bad boys in. But not too many.

Add this scene

>flesh out luv
But she is extremely fleshed out already?
You know that character is made by action, not just reciting lines?

Cut out Ford
Cut out Vegas
Cut out the loud BWAAAAAAH music that's play after a silent scene

Thats a big cock:O

no

Cut/Reduce Robin Wright
Cut JOI completely

giv qt cuban gf

>We never find out if he is

Fuck you, Lindelof.

Filter Goose's voice so it sounds like he's tiny and trapped inside a tin can for the whole movie. No other changes.

>Cut out the loud BWAAAAAAH music that's play after a silent scene
It's played only when transitioning to the city. And it's great, a loud in your face distorted industrial synth roar that supports the narrative that's shown on-screen.
Soundtrack doesn’t have to always be in the background you know

Cut most of Leto's monologues and most his scenes. Awful.

Holy fuck I am glad none of you will actually take part in the making of films

Yes, ofcourse. That scene even fixed the continuation error of the original and makes even the original better

Let's hear your masterful edits then.

>remove audio flashbacks
>remove visual flashbacks and the horse furnace memory, just K describing it is enough
>swap the final two scenes so it ends on K in the snow
Ideally I would also remove the Resistance but the movie wouldn't make sense without reshoots if you did that because you couldn't explain how K got back to LA from Vegas.

whos feet are better???

In every scene with K and JOI, cut out anything K says to her. Just make it look like she tries to engage and talk with him, but he's just too shy to respond.

not really, roy is a fleshed out character, luv is kinda meh

Extend the sex scene
Disengage Safely Protocols

He was basically already like that

Subtly edit in my 30 minute student film so people have to watch it. Who wasted four years of college now, mom?!!!??

Of all the things in the movie, I don't get why people are sperging out over the small number of flashbacks. I just watched the original BR and it had flashbacks too. Not saying they're necessary, but t's not that big of a deal.

>>remove visual flashbacks and the horse furnace memory, just K describing it is enough
No, it is crucial for us to see it because then the tension is much higher and the impact of his realisation is much stronger. If he just described it there would be not even half of the tension and at the end of the scene you would just go "oooh that's what he described before" instead of knowing and anticipating from the start of what will happen.

I agree with the rest.

I thought it was perfect so I wouldn't change anything, still annoyed my dad liked it but said "pacing was too slow" but he says that for literally everything and anything he fucking watches, then when I ask for examples of "good pacing"in movies he has nothing

This. Roy was interesting. Over the course of the movie, we grew to understand his plight and empathize with him. But with Luv? Other than just being the obedient henchman to Wallace, there's not much there. Sure, there seem to be some hints (such as her holding back tears when Wallace guts the replicant), but other than that, all we have to go on is that she sees herself above puny humans and is pissed that Joshi would want to kill the replicant baby.

I'm too tired right now to explain all the intricacies of her character and her performance, but here's a great read that deconstructs her character better than any user here could rogerebert.com/balder-and-dash/tears-of-a-machine-the-humanity-of-luv-in-blade-runner-2049

tfw I want the whorefu to be my replicant wife, even if she still works

>I've seen things... you people wouldn't believe
whoa

Cut the ocean wall fight scene a bit. Keeping it in the spinner would've worked fine and cut like 10 minutes from the scene. Also maybe add how K got his Police spinner with guns back after being discharged.

>Also maybe add how K got his Police spinner with guns back after being discharged.
Joshi gave him 24 hours to leave freely, he just never returned it.

My dad just naps during slow paced movies then pretends he was awake the whole time.

Just watched it for the first time and had a few questions about the plot I didn't quite get

>inb4 meme responses

1. Why did the memory girl plant an illegal memory in any replicant in the first place? Seems it would come back to bite you

2. Was the memory girl aware of her special birth?

3. Why didn't k scan his eyeball or ask Madame for a reciept since at tht point he couldnt get info regarding his creation from Wallace corp.

>Cut the ocean wall fight scene a bit

Cripes. Hell no.

Already want to see it a 4th time lads but I'm scared seeing it too much will end up being a bad thing

>Cut the ocean wall fight scene a bit. Keeping it in the spinner would've worked fine and cut like 10 minutes from the scene.
No

Its too blatantly obvious that he's in the place from his memory as soon as the scene starts. Ruined the tension, didn't enhance it. Currently you just go "oh this is the place we saw 20 minutes ago".

May as well since it's gonna be taken out of theaters soon

>what am I to you?
>go meet your daughter

;_; best movie I've seen in a while.

Okay, so what's so good about it? The aesthetics? The kiss, the drowning, Deckard shouting for Joe and "I'm the best one" are amazing parts but it could be shorter.

10 extra minutes of Deckard, Joi and K just chilling in the pad before raid.

>Why did the memory girl plant an illegal memory in any replicant in the first place?
"Every artist put's a little bit of themself in their work". Also she has to make original memories for millions of replicants based only on her 8 years of actual real life, ofcourse some of her real life will slip here and there.

>Was the memory girl aware of her special birth?
Nope. She isn't even aware that she has no "condition" and that she lives in that dome just as a form protection.

>Why didn't k scan his eyeball or ask Madame for a reciept since at tht point he couldnt get info regarding his creation from Wallace corp.
He never questioned is he a replicant or not, the only thing he questioned is he a born replicant or a manufactured one. Also who says they couldn't just put the code in his eye when he was little (which he wasn't)

What would Deckard have said about JOI?

>Currently you just go "oh this is the place we saw 20 minutes ago".
Yes and you know entirely what this memory represents and if he finds the horse what that means, so his eternal existential stare has that much more impact. If we didn’t see it why would there be tension, you would be just trying to piece things together of where he is and what did he say beforehand and questioning is this really the same thing etc

i would remove any references to the child, they were corny
reduce joshi as much as possible

Bump

>Narration
"Cold Fish"

Probably a follow up line from K's question about the dog being real.

Nah just remove the rebel one eyed lady reveal scene

>is she real?
Why dont you ask her

2 extra hours of K flying through a futuristic SoCal, with overcast weather and lots of synth fog horns.

>the only other setting in the film that has water and water reflected lighting is the Wallace building
>she's half blind, Wallace is completely blind
>she wants baby replicants, Wallace wants baby replicants
>both Wallace and the rebellion want to use K as just a tool for their goals, K denies them both and makes his first truly individual choice of his life

Her monologue in that scene is a bit cringy, but the scene itself is quite important for the narrative

Yes please

1. reduce leto
2. reduce rebellion leader roastie
3. increase walking alone

interesting

also interesting

marvel fan btfo

i woulda said cut deckard also

I would have done both in a way

Nearer the start of the movie: After the first time you meet JOI in Ks apartment, he falls asleep and you watch the furnace memory, as a dream with no explanation. Jump cut to a closeup of K waking up suddenly, sweating etc so you get the idea it's a reoccurring dream/memory that he can't shake.

Then later on when he's talking to dreamgirl he only discribes his memory, you don't get to see it a second time. Instead you stay with the actors and get to watch the girl struggle to contain her autism, could be real intense

Any suggestion in this thread beyond "remove the voice callbacks" are utter shit and shows how low Sup Forums is.
Jesus fuck get a grip people.

make vangelis an offer he cant refuse.

youtube.com/watch?v=Rwbqi5YIsls
Why wasnt this in the final cut?

>chink

absolutely nothing.

>Joe? Hey, Joe!
>Joi?! But I saw you...
>I uploaded myself into Luv's Cyberboot when she made contact with my emitter, then when she walked back to Wallace Corp I hacked into the mainframe. Listen, Joe, it's worse than we thought. Wallace is going to destroy Los Angeles with his army of super replicants, you have to stop him!
>If he's got an army, how am I supposed to take him on by myself?
>That's the good news. I got you some backup
>*a BITCHEN SPORTS HOVERCAR gracefully lands next to him, the gull wing door opens revealing Batista is in the driver seat*
>Sapper Morton? I thought I killed you.
>That's what I wanted you to think kid, now hop in. We got a city to save.
>Mind if I put on some classical music?
>Not at all.
>*Back in Black starts blaring as the hovercar approaches the Tyrell pyramid, where a blue energy beam is coalescing as Wallace prepares to obliterate the city*

100% agree.

Oh look the reddit edition of BR2049

Tends to be the sane concensus. Still I'm looking forward to a full cut with all deleted scenes pieced in with the rest of the movie

>Sapper and Joe land outside the pyramid. Luv and Niander Wallace appear at the front door
>"We're here to stop you, Wallace."
>"You can't stop evolution. Humanity is the past. This is the future."
>an army of silver Terminator skeletons marches out past Wallace
>"Look at them. Powerful, soulless, obedient, the perfect Replicant. When the humans are gone, I will rule them as a god."
>Batista chuckles. "There's only one God, and... Well, actually you do look like Jesus. But you're still an asshole" and punches out one of the Super Replicants as a brawl begins and Wallace and Luv retreat into the pyramid