Star Wars

> Star Wars

I seriously couldn't even watch the pirated version of this. This movie's universe is so "ruleless" it's ridiculous.
>you need two spy kids to do a job any of the army guys could have done
>the first 30% of the movie is in some interdimensional market hologram thing that makes less and less sense the more you think about it
>guy is controlling a machine gun with his headset and power gloves
>machine gun gets hit
>guy somehow takes the same hit as the machine gun thanks to wearing a headset that allows him to control it
I literally couldn't get past that part, I couldn't enjoy them movie while I was only thinking how retarded and absurd everything was. All of those amazing effects were completely fucking wasted.

I thought the premise for the city itself was interesting and unique.

There's no premise. It's a vague idea put into a movie.

it was just a fucking mess

>he doesn't know that Star Wars ripped off the comic this is based on

>pandora natives

It's a kids movie. No sensible adult should enjoy watching CGI fantasy aliens and baby faced love interests in wacky clothing by superheros

way better than anything starwars has produced in the last 40 years.

there's a high probability this will become a real cult movie for the next generation.

>there's a high probability this will become a real cult movie for the next generation.
how in the fuck do you figure that

this isnt even in the same fucking tier as the fifth element.

This was fucking kino

because 5th element is horrible meme bullshit

valerian is more enjoyable and creative than anything from hollywood in this decade. even plebs will eventually get it

>he doesn't know that star wars ripped off everything from Dune to Ringworld to LOTR to an old movie called The Dambusters about bombing a german dam on the Ruhr

yeah no

Gonna take some shrooms and having trouble deciding what movie to watch, i was thinking valerian because visual spectatle and the colors or joe vs the volcano. Is valerian worth my time or is it a meme?

Watched this yesterday after 24 hours to live coincidentally.
Both made by some chinese company.
Same actors in it, famous Chinese people who can't act and lame references to China.
Very concerning development.

>enjoyable and creative than anything from hollywood in this decade

This bar is set so low you couldn't trip over it, but valerian easily sailed under it.

>starwars has produced in the last 40 years.
Star Wars has only existed for 40 years though.

This movie is dogshit. After you get over the honeymoon period of the special effects the movie goes nowhere and the two leads show no emotion towards anything.

If you're retarded enough wasting shrooms on watching a movie you're retarded enough to like the dogshit that is Valerian.

ignore what everyone else is saying. the visuals on this film are great for shrooms. there's even a scene where she sort of trips on shrooms

This movie reminds me of the Double Dragon movie. ALL style without a hint of substance

style is substance

Don’t listen to this man. He is trying to get you to watch a bad movie. Not even bad good

Not for a two plus hour movie. Without another ingredient it flounders by itself

This. It's probably the worst movie I've ever seen in a theater. After the opening credits it immediately goes to shit with the obnoxious Navi lookalikes and their pearl-shitting hedgehog, or whatever it was. Fuck that movie.

pretty sure that's not how the director intended you to watch his film, better watch some generic cartoons instead

save the shrooms for bladerunner2049

why are cara haters so vocal?
i mean, if some males think she's attractive how is that your problem?

so no sequel or just end like ender game ?

is there finally a blue ray rip?

It's a jealousy thing. They are unattractive men and they think she looks mediocre so they are even more triggered that she is successful and receives never ending attention.

Why is this movie named after a somewhat obscure Roman Emperor?

valerian is perfect as it is. No need to taint it with an uninspired, minor, unnecesary sequel

a remake in a couple of decades could be interesting, tho

How the fuck could it be multi tiered and have massive gaps when the people on it were in a desert? Like they can't fall down a gap that isn't there, and somehow Valerian fell down a massive hole, crashed through five floors and was unharmed, but then was back on the same level as Laureline?

pleb

he's already writing two sequels

the vr in the movie wasn't a parody of reality, like our primitive vr is, but a very real, alternate reality

it kinda makes sense since everything in the universe is ultimately made of information: elementary particles are nothing but their measurable properties

in retrospective, laureline actually looks like cara

thanks can't wait, love this new scifi adventure genre with different theme unlike star wars did, jedi dark side jedi won repeat.

Too bad he skipped any writing for first one, but hey at least it cant be worse than first one.

that was one of my favorite scenes

I actually had hopes for this, but it was complete garbage. It looks great and has some inspired designs, but rest is just not good at all. Cara's character is just horrible and she can't act.

It's like Star Wars, LotR and The Matrix rolled up in one.

I actually found Cara cute despite her inability as an actress to actually .... act
Damn you make up and constant filters

Too bad Dane looks like Cara's twin brother.

More like Tintin in space.

Jupiter Ascending Kino? or BvS """""kino"""""

Don't lie, grandpa. You're 72 not 27.

>breaking walls
Meme of the century.