Any other movies that feel like you're having a fever nightmare...

Any other movies that feel like you're having a fever nightmare? Watched this high and felt like I was having a panic attack by the end of it.

DUDE

SNEED

Tetsuo the Iron Man
Eraserhead

LMAO

Brazil on psychedelics can get rough. Bad trip rough.

Pi

For real though check out any early David Cronenberg film

not a movie but Mighty Boosh

You're a pussy bro. This movie is fun especially in higher states of mind.

Good Time

I’ve never seen a movie that gives so few fucks about slow moments. This shit NEVER stops.

>curiously check this movie on rotten tomatoes
>49% critic rating
>89% audience rating

Times when the critics were so fucking wrong.

>rotten tomatoes
>"critics"

lol at the Jewish propagandists that site calls "movie critics"

Teens idolize Thompson too much. His good work encapsulates the emptiness and sadness of his time and place.

>So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark—that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back.

Thompson was a fucking legend. Gonzo split XX Century journalism in two. They just asked the guy to cover some stupid race and he returned with a 200 page manuscript about the death of the summer of love.

yeah this kid must be a 12 yr old light weight

trying shooting heroin and watch Trainspotting op

Same director as Fear and Loathing FACT!!!

I read his piece on the Kentucky Derby a while back and good fucking lord the man knew how to show how fucked up a society is

Fucking Twin Peaks. Actually marathoner it while I had a bad fever, have never had a more surreal experience watching anything ever since.

Gonzo was a noble failed experiment. He tried to use a fictional character to capture a version of the truth, but he became a prisoner to his self made myth. If you're feeling cynical you might blame him for modern punditry. But he was a great writer, a true artist of language, and that will never not be true.

True.
The point is to capture the hollowness of that lifestyle, it isn't supposed to be glamorous at all yet a bunch of college kids unironically idolize Thompson. It's really sad.

>read Fear and Loathing, Hell's Angels in highschool
>think Thompson is the coolest guy ever
>become journalist
>realise I'm not talented
there should be a disclaimer on the back of his books

The movie has its problems, but I think that it captures the melancholy very well. Fear and Loathing the book is sometimes a little too funny.

I love Thompson's commentary track, and how he complains that Terry Gilliam doesn't get the aesthetics of psychedelic drugs right at all. And he doesn't. But Gilliam gets the tone right. And Del Toro's portrayal as the samoan is fucking perfect.

Natural Born Killers

Fear and Loathing is the most entertaining book I've ever read. every single single line is pure dynamite.

the Dracula movie with Keanu and Gary Oldman

That entire movie is so bizarre it's actually enjoyable

One of my favorite Thompson books is Kingdom of Fear. It was one of his last books before he pulled a Hemimingway. It's bitter and sad, but also hilarious and about as self aware as he ever was. It's a great send off for someone who was a writer first.

The love the character. Not the writer they never read, not the person they never knew.