Why is "filler" the only criticism people can give nowadays? Filler has a very clear meaning...

Why is "filler" the only criticism people can give nowadays? Filler has a very clear meaning, it's something that is added to the story but has no consequence and is never mentioned again. If a character is introduced in a episode and they come back in a later episode, it's not filler. If a power is introduced in a episode and it comes back in later episodes, it's not filler. If character development happens in a episode and they start acting noticeably different in later episodes, it's not filler.

But even when the word filler is used correctly it's usually not a valid complaint, entertainment is meant to entertain and entertaining filler will always be superior to a boring story.

What the fuck do you want? Can you please shut up and stop making threads?

Do NOT attempt to use this website as a place to discuss your retarded ideas. Sup Forums is for news, downloads, and storytimes.

End of story. The less discussion, the more productive we can all be.

Because the way people use it now, filler means "stuff I don't want to see".

The soccer episode of Eureka Seven is the gold standard of filler and everyone else should emulate it

This is absolutely true. "Filler" can be a valid complaint if even half the people who used it knew what it meant.

Otherwise it just sounds like they thought the episode was shit but just want their criticism to sound more legitimate. Just say that it's a shit episode then and stop with the buzzwords.

Stop encouraging this shit
see

I think it's related to some of the anime filler arcs and poor filler, basicly irrelevant content that also happens to not be very entertaining.

That said, filler content that does add to the characters or story in some way, without impacting it directly, like showing off group dynamic and such, can be amazingly usefull. Filler content can also easily be entertaining, but isn't always.

>entertaining filler will always be superior to a boring story.
I came for the story; not to waste time dancing around it.

see

>Why is "filler" the only criticism people can give nowadays?
Because they are retards that want Senp/a/i to notice them.

Are you autistic?

Filler is exactly what we needed to flesh things out in Korra.

ATLA had plenty, and they helped to show off the culture of the world.

We could have had an episode focusing on gangsters, an episode focusing on jazz - Bryke said that they wanted to do a musical episode anyway - and so on, an episode explaining how Mako and Bolin left the streets to try sports, or Mako being trained by Lightingbolt.

Filler originally meant shit you added to the anime when the manga wasn't caught up yet.

Could you shut the FUCK up for once in your life?

I'm fucking tired of this shit. Like, how the fuck is everyone so fucking stupid. Why can people not be like me? Like honestly, why? It's not FUCKING HARD

FUCKING LISTEN TO ME YOU PIECES OF FUCKING SHIT
I KNOW WHAT IS BEST FOR YOU

>I came for the story; not to waste time dancing around it.
This, exactly. Like when I'm watching SU. I want to see the Gems get character development and get answers to the mysteries. That stuff is way more interesting than Steven teaching a fucking townie to tie their shoes.

ATLA had maybe two episodes of filler. The Great Divide and Avatar Day.

I hate how the story arcs of the Star Wars Rebels show are done. Basically every episode is a filler episode with the sole exception being the first and last two episodes of the season. Everything is completely inconsequential bullshit that is barely entertaining like an episode where the resident idiot brings an imperial spy droid to the rebel base or an episode where two comic-relief gangsters from older episodes tell jokes while being chased by Dark Troopers. By you definition those episodes wouldn't be filler as the location of the rebel base was shrinked down immensley thansk to the droid episode and the rebels got some more proton torpedos that may end up being used in the Death Star battle of the original Star Wars. But these references are more like afterthoughts. When you can make a movie out of a tv show season by cutting out everything except the first and last few episodes you question why the other episodes even exist.

In contrast is The Clone Wars which was basically filler episodes the entire time but most episodes had their own merits and far more entertaining and logical stories and didn't feel like they were written by some hack just to push the count to a full 22 episodes per season.

Of course that's subjective again so fuck this bullshit. If Rebels were more of an episodic show and put more effort into individual stories, not wasting time by pretending to have an ongoing storyline it would be much better.

lol TCW was just mindless action, Rebels is real drama. Take off the nostalgia glasses.

Are you retarded? Rebels has actual character arcs and interweaving plot threads. Clone Wars was a fucking mess of inconsistency and indecisiveness.

Character and story >>>>>> pretty lights and sounds

Steven Universe sucks.
Stop trying to defend shit writing by saying were not defining it right.

Filler really only applies to anime when they run out of manga to adapt and stall so the manga can catch up.
Every episode of SU is planned beforehand, therefore it's not filler.

I like certain filler, Avatar's filler was great, it built the world, it added depth to the characters and made the show more enjoyable.

The filler of Dragon Ball Z is pretty fucking bad, seeing Goku power up and punch a bit for an extra 4 episodes is shit.

This is 800% not filler

If you think SU has shit writing what are you even doing on Sup Forums? Because SU is better written than the vast majority of comics and cartoons. It's like unironically thinking gunnershit fail sucks while wasting your time on a webcomic forum.

bump

Why does her spirit-kaiju have clothes?

Pretty certain the answer is "FUCK YES".

Oh Jesus, I hope this is real and not pretend retardation.

>Why does her spirit-kaiju have clothes?
Because we can't have nice things.

Awestruckvox is that you?

I usually denote "filler" as any episode that does little to advance the main plot and the side story is not good enough to justify the episode. There's also the example that's mostly found in anime where the adaption gets close to catching up with the source material so they stretch out story arcs as long as possible.

>any episode that does little to advance the main plot and the side story is not good enough to justify the episode.

So, like life, then.

The problem with Korra isn't the filter, it's the retcons and watered down setting. They killed the magic.

Hey, I don't watch TV shows to re-live my shitty life.

But it's someone else's shitty life!

I'd argue that every other episode of the series is filler in comparison. If you only watch one episode of dbz in your life it needs to be that one.

Shut. The fuck. Up.

Seriously just fucking stop

DO WHAT I FUCKING TELL YOU

FUCK

They really didn't.

They did. Ignored all of the mysteriously aspects of bending and turned them into generic "power you're born with".

Not to mention, Korra is the worst A. Give her a task, she'll fuck out up. Or her in a situation that would be fine without her, she'll make it worse.