Thought this would be a shitty cash-in show

>Thought this would be a shitty cash-in show
>Turns out to be very funny and satirical and raises the stakes with each season

I wish this show was talked about more.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wxbX5d3mxbU
youtube.com/watch?v=3pzSz_hZBV4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That's the thing with Netflix shows. There's really not much discussion for the long run once a season has been released.

There's also not much interested as, say, Voltron or Trollhunters because there's the impression that it's just a cash-in show. AHKJ is pretty amusing and I've been enjoying the greater adventure themes lately, but it's still not that far from typical Dreamworks stuff, if better executed.

Why has no one ripped Home?

Fetish: The Show

I'd agree with that statement, but that was honestly one of the least fetishy episodes. They played up the absurdity of fashion fads far more.

So what's the deal?
Is this just Da Ali G Show but with his character from Madagascar?

It's a prequel comedy about King Julien ruling the kingdom of Madagascar before the first movie happens. It's largely satirical of politics and modern trends, but with some action adventure thrown in there. It had some surprisingly good lore and has recently taken a turn for a story arc for next season.

Sounds pretty good.
Does Sacha Baron Cohen have a lot of creative input?
It sure seems like it would.

I don't think Cohen has anything to do with the show

Julien is voiced by Danny Jacobs

Oh, so they don't even have him anymore.
Why didn't they keep him?
Financial reasons?
How good is his replacement?
I don't think he'd be able to match Cohen's energy.

Yeah, they can't afford to have a celebrity as a main character. Though they do have some celeb guest stars here and there.

Danny Jacobs is pretty good in the role. He's been doing it for years in the video games, some TV specials, Penguins of Madagascar (the show and the movie) and now in this show. Though to be honest, I rarely watch the movies.

I think maybe Cohen just isn't interested.
He's only done Julien in the 3 movies and nothing else.
Even the theatrical shorts and a brief cameo in Penguins is done by Jacobs.
Kind of like an official understudy at this point.
Not bad for a guy they got mostly for his Borat impression.
youtube.com/watch?v=wxbX5d3mxbU
youtube.com/watch?v=3pzSz_hZBV4

It's a neat trick trying to get him to be the kind of selfish character he is in the movies and the penguins cartoon while still being likable and work as the central protagonist.
A good balance is struck with being selfish in the moment to moment but kind and generally well meaning in the big picture.

Inevitably it's going to get to the movie, and it makes me wonder what's going to happen to Clover.

Either something REALLY bad happens to her or she left the kingdom.

It'll be interesting to see what, if anything they'll do about that.
It's just a 78 episode order and the showrunner has said he's already written the ending to be an ending.
So we'll probably find out around the end of this year.

I'm pretty hyped for the next season. The comparisons to Mystery Inc., of all things, sound promising. It's also by the same producers as well?

The showrunner has worked on Mystery Inc and Beware the Batman.

Perhaps that's why his arch nemesis is in many ways an evil version of himself.

Oh cool. Both of those shows were treated like shit, so it's nice that Netflix at least has treated it well, like all of its Dreamworks shows.

I hope it'll be good.

I'm not sure what I like more, that there's a plot significant reason Maurice doesn't look like an aye-aye, or that they let the question 'I thought Maurice was an aye-aye, if that's an aye-aye, then what is Maurice?" hang there for an entire season.

The only continuity mistake I noticed regarding Maurice is the fact that Uncle King Julien paid him off to be Julien's friend, even though they already knew each other as kids.

There's probably a way that works.
Especially since it's a fact presented by someone who has an agenda.
He's his friend, but it's also very clearly his job to be his attendant/advisor.