What tropes do you hate in animated shows or shows in general

>Secret identity/ double life in a school setting
I hate this more than anything, main character
has some super skill and has to juggle school life, romance, whilsit doing super bullshit hiding everything from everyone for some reason.

It's trying to be relatable to a younger audience, but it's just irritating truth be told.

>Only one person can do anything
Many of the shows with secret identities have this probelm.
The only person in the main cast who can do anything is the kid with a secret life. It's irritating as fuck

>The "straight man"
Ultimately uninteresting characters who add nothing to the show and are just there to contrast the zaniness of the interesting characters

What tropes bother you in these shows, and what do you think of mine?

well?

Who hurt you user?

When a character is right about something and tries to warn everyone but they don't listen... it drives me insane, even it makes sense I don't enjoy the trope.

>Setting is dystopian future ruled by evil corporation/government, and heroes are freedom fighters
>Main villain is an evil businessman/politician

Only good versions of those I can think of are Spider-Man 2099, Batman Beyond, and Motor City.

>Secret identity/ double life in a school setting
I also dislike how in a lot of these the adults are portrayed as incompetent/unaware of what's going on. Seriously, there are no police/military/scientists, it has to be the super 10 year old?

This fucking thread everyday

I only hate it when they are a loser in their school identity.

The adults not being morons is a good reason why that trope worked in Batman Beyond.

Also avoiding this.

Argh, I know right?
Also the fact that no one catches on after all this time.

>The 'straight man'
It's not my favourite, but when it forms a duo with a comedy character AND both characters have high importance to the plot that isn't revealed until later, it's easily the best trope.

>Zuko Iroh
>Papyrus Sans
>Greg Steven
>Birdperson Tammy

I mean come on.

the third one is not bad, the contrast is often necessary

Kim possible seem to have broken away from that cliche she balanced both life as a student and a secret agent and everyone knew who she was her friends, family, and enemies what I liked most was that her enemies had the decency to keep out her social life majority time. Why go wasting my time and resources harassing a high school cheerleader when I have a world to control.

>MC's love life is a mess because they're a superhero with a double life
>just dating another superhero isn't an option because contrived reasons

Difference is with the ones you mentioned
the straightman isn't a total fucking tool.

>rick,jerry
Jerry adds nothing to the show and is honestly taking up space.

The fucking Tagalong Kid. Why even bother with them when all they do is cause trouble?

Yet another thing Batman Beyond touched on but didn't go full retard with.

I choose t believe after the show ended Terry hooked up with the Atlantean girl and the rest of the League gives her shit for dating a gothamite

Jerry is the only person in the family who doesn't like or love Rick. The fact that he's gotten progressively more terrible as a role model, while Rick has gotten less terrible is interesting at the very least.

>characters's voices switch along with their bodies

>The straight-man, who's also the bleeding heart liberal moralfag, who's also always right (or is at least explicitly supported by the story's narrative) that does nothing but stand around and nag the other cartoon characters for being over-the-top
>The "comic relief" who gets incrimentally gets flanderized over time into an edgy/annoying piece of shit that ends up a burden to the MC's friend group, that's only kept around because of the status quo
>The villain who initially gets a legitimately better motivation than the protagonist, but has to be unnecessarily written into a generic mustache-twirling asshole (even when that doesn't align with what their end game is) so there's no moral ambiguity in having to beat them

>but didn't go full retard with
Sure as hell did it with Melaine and how they put her under a bus and "resolved" her arc disregarding her probably having more of a story to tell.

I KNOW RIGHT?
Who would want a "normie", when there are badass superheros about.

>the moral is "just be yourself"

>Papyrus Sans
Doesn't count, they are both silly as shit.

>Zuko Iroh
Both were very deep characters and had their own redemption arcs.

>Greg Steven
Greg isn't really that much of a straightman truth be told

All of these piss me off. Better yet is when some legitimate progress happens for a character, or plot, it's completely blown away at the end of the episode.

>I just want to be normal

>It's an MC is grounded and still has to listen to his parents even though lives are on the line episode

>MC with superpowers just not steamrolling over the bully and saying "fuck it" to the "consequences"

And while on the subject of bullying:

>A bully episode where the bully challenges the MC to a fight like a retard can easily be resolved by the MC...just plain not going to the fight and fucking off somewhere else.

Gravity Falls was especially guilty of this.

>MC's start talking in class while a lecture is in session

Seriously, can these fuckers just not wait until the teachers shut their mouths. It got especially irritating in Code Lyoko.

>I hate this more than anything, main character
has some super skill and has to juggle school life, romance, whilsit doing super bullshit hiding everything from everyone for some reason.

It doesn't help that the characters are usually shit at hiding/juggling their secret identities too. You'd think writers would come up with some fun ways for the character to actually put effort into maintaining their secrecy. That's one of the things I liked most in Death Note.

>random macguffin that is the only hope of saving the world or whatever can only be used by a chosen person
>it's never explained why said person is chosen

how does one make an interesting straight man?

Adam West Batman was a great example.
>just as conceptually ridiculous as every other character, but playing the part totally serious
>doesn't react to batshit logic as though they're "above" that sort of obvious nonsense, but instead rationalizes it as though it will logically have real world consequences

>I just want to be normal
ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH FUCK, I hate that.
It is often the character has all these cool skills and just wants to be normal and fit in with generic fuck heads. WHO THE FLYING FUCK IS WRITING THIS SHIT?

>MC with superpowers just not steamrolling over the bully and saying "fuck it" to the "consequences

I loved it in Yuyu hakusho when Yusuke used his abilities on a bully teacher and exposed their shit and shot him in the back with spirit bullet.

Doctor Watson

Or for an actual comedic example, Gus from Psych.

Sorry, can't think of any Sup Forums examples.