Now that the re-releases are finally on a sale and not $40 fucking dollars a pop, are they worth it...

Now that the re-releases are finally on a sale and not $40 fucking dollars a pop, are they worth it? I kinda didn't own a last gen console when these two first came out so I was a little after the big craze they seemed to have. A Diablo like action game with Marvel characters sounds appealing as fuck though.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ly-PKfTLf7A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Replaying MUA2 now on ps3. I'd say it's worth it. These games really shine if you can get some friends to play with you. The roster is sort of on the lean side just fyi

2 is shit, 1 is the better one.

Holy shit nostalgia just hit me like a fucking wall

where are they on sale? Best I see is a Steam bundle for 60 and that's still too much for 2 games with all DLC stripped away forever

youtube.com/watch?v=ly-PKfTLf7A

That's good to know.

actually the re-releases for both UA and UA2 have all of the DLC their 360/PS3 versions would have had

Is MUA2 actually playable on PC now?
>tfw couldn't even get it to start

Have they put the DLC back up for the 360 and PS3 versions?
Apparently if you get the on demand versions that comes with the DLC.

2 isn't shit, but 1 is definitely much better.

>ywn play as Link and Samus

They were fun on release, especially if you were playing coop, but Marvel Heroes is the objectively better Diablo clone, and I don't even like that game.

>Have they put the DLC back up for the 360 and PS3 versions?
as far as I know, probably not

Flash sale on PSN

Future Fight is also decent. Too bad it's prohibited from using the X-Men/F4.

I don't see it on sale on Steam or PS store... where's the sale?

It's a PSN Flash Sale. Just go to the Deals Tab.

disregard, it's just the bundle that's full price, buying them by themselves is on sale

I don't think they are worth $17.59, on PSN, because they are older games that aren't even HD upgraded BUT M:UA is one of my personal favorite games from the PS2 era. Still, $18 dollars each isn't worth it but if they were bundled together for like $20 bucks I would grab it.

I liked the way powers were used in 2 even if they were fewer. The special powers were hit or miss though. They were all very similar. 2 had shit costumes though and only one for each. Loved the costumes in 1 more.

In 2 Human Torch's flamethrower is broke FYI
Mows through mobs and bosses like fire through butter.

i played the first one

i love it

X-Men Legends 2: Rise of Apocalypse is the best game in the entire Hack N Slash ARPG/Dungeon Crawling Lootfarmer genre.
Too bad PCfags will never ever get to play it properly because it emulates like shit, just like the DarkAlliance/Norrath games.

What are you on about?
XML2 has a PC release and works perfectly.

I thought there was a big controversy on how bad these ports were, with really unresponsive controls and errors.

There probably is. I know mine glitched out a few times. The biggest issue I had was that in the first game every time you enter or leave a room all the ! above people's heads will reappear. And it doesn't respond properly when you answer people's questions.

X-Men Legends 2 and Ultimate Alliance 1 are great honestly
We don't talk about 2

X-Men Legends 2 and UA1 are the best. Only played the PSP version of UA2 and didn't like it, but those two are guaranteed gold.

Not Sup Forums but it makes me sad to see Raven's only doing Call of Duty these days.

Plus I remember people saying it didn't include the DLC heroes and villains from that Xbox 360 port, right?

Raven Software's 2009 Wolfenstein was a fantastic game.
Also their own IP of Singularity was out of this world. It played like Bioshock 1 but with time manipulation powers and puzzles.
Hell I even give them props for making a fun Wolverine Origins tie-in game, that had little to do with the films and ran with its own plot points.

I went back and replayed last week actually. There was a small update and they added in the DLC characters.

I was mad at the game glitched toward the end and I couldn't free the one alien leader.

>Wolverine Origins
My nigga. One of the few last good tie-ins ever made.

I rememeber MUA being very fun and actually pretty good looking game. I mean, it came out on PSP and managed to be look great and have all the massive set pieces of the "bigger" versions. Also, it plays just like X-Men Legends which is awesome. Levels are nice, roster is big and diverse and it's a blast to play with friends. Heck, even story is pretty good, and the CG sequences look god tier.

MUA2 though... is not good. Maybe I'm biased 'cause Civil War left me disappointed as hell (and, as a Spidey fan, lead to even greater disappointment, if you know what I mean) but still, story was lackluster and the new finale had no impact. But that's not as important for such a game, right? And alas, the gameplay is underwhelming too. I don't remember why exactly but something about enemies reacting to your attacks and the bad sound design (hearing your punches land is important too) didn't leave me satisfied.