Remember when Cartoon Network invaded Nickelodeon?

Remember when Cartoon Network invaded Nickelodeon?

youtube.com/watch?v=NcWEpuCGUvk

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ONtEYSrLZkM
youtube.com/watch?v=h1FLRlVnHJQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Wait, no, I don't remember this.

>CN actually snuck into Nickelodeon's local advertising spots

Did they ever find out about this?

So, did Time Warner actually purchase ad space to do this and it was supposed to be sneaky, or was it more of a gentlemanly agreement to air such an ad since around this time, Warner was giving Nickelodeon the rights to air stuff like Animaniacs, Tiny Toons etc.?

Because I feel like that's more likely.

Creative advertising either way.

They didn't find out for 17 years.

Nice. Too bad networks are all about money now. CN used to have soul, you know before the logo literally became CN

Networks have always been about money you doofus

CN has been advertising on Nick for ages and vice-versa.

It's Disney who doesn't play ball

I remember when KND did that.

Yeah but at least they allowed fun gags. Cartoon Groovies dont even exist anymore, so too Cartoon City

Seriously?

Remember when TOM trash talked Jake Long

Holy shit I really didn't know about this spot.

Good find, OP.

youtube.com/watch?v=ONtEYSrLZkM

He really loves Naruto

But Naruto would kick Jake Long's ass.

Numbah 1 was talking through a CN box saying "I know we're not supposed to be here" and then something else.

I always liked the idea of takeovers for commercials.

that's the long and short of it

I've never been so disappointed in TOM.

Man, 2004-2006 was a weird time.

>those bumpers for Naruto
God I feel old

There sure was a lot of infighting back then

Holy shit No but this is amazing

Naruto killed toonami

Is the person saying "hey!" at the end supposed to be some nick character? I can't tell but that would be great haha.

No but I'd love to see them do so in the new Toonami on Adult swim.

I find this ironic because when I turn on cartoon network I see a commercial for one of Nick's shitty sitcoms

or that time if I remember correctly Disney running that ad during Star vs about the Nick live action show about a fairy girl living in the human world she had her own fucking version of Glossyarick

I think just a generic guard.

The fact that they stopped getting shows after getting Naruto is what killed Toonami.

>haha

>haha

>that time Hank Hill became part of the Marvel Universe

youtube.com/watch?v=h1FLRlVnHJQ

XD

We have like seven 2000-2006 nostalgia threads on the frontpage, are we going to keep making more until they fill out the whole board?

Fridays have always brung out the Cartoon Cartoon fags. One nostalgia has always led to another so its not a new thing to see people go on memory trains

Considering cartoons today are shit there's not much left but nostalgia

I would like to smell them.

This. First its Cartoon Fridays thread, then Groovies, sometimes City, and rarely Miguzi.

Believe it or not Sup Forums a few years back had a archivefag who would stream a whole Cartoon Friday lineup every week. You really felt like a kid again.

They did get shows after Naruto, although they were from that streaming service they like Prince of Tennis and MAR. Airing shit like Bakugan and Ben 10: Alien Force was thedownfall.

This can't be real, but I know it is.

King of the Hill was PG. But why did it get on fox KIDS?

Why it's that not a thing anymore? it sounds cozy as fuck.
I feel bad for ignoring Sup Forums 'till recent years now.

Guy probably died

I know you're fucking around, but suddenly it struck me as sad that if that was the case it would be awful that no one picked up his torch, even if for a few more months.
Hell, I would pick up on this if it weren't for my McDonalds grade internet.
I need a drink now.

Someone do this.

Oh my god why can't this happen today? Can you imagine Clarence or Gumball crashing in a Loud House or a FOP commercial?

the ideology of thinking Naruto could keep the block afloat while airing CN repeats is what killed Toonami. Only show I liked on the block at the time was Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo

Fuck I miss Bobobo

I remember a lot of people being divided about it so i'm sure it didn't help the block at the time. Wouldn't be surprised if bobobo is one of the reasons why AS Toonami didn't pick up shows like PSWG where it's more comedy than action.
well that and the loads of censorship it would need

I'll admit. I did not watch Nick at all during this era of CN.

Holy shit that advert slot for the Cartoon Fridays made me nostalgia hard. Watched that every week till that ended.

I'd say if anyone remember the old Super Chunk that would run on Saturdays where you would have 3 hours of a random cartoon

But were stuck in an super chunk of teen titans go

Yeah, good idea, but does anyone know how he was doing it?

Haha this is canon.

Geez Tom did Jake Long touch you at night or something?

I know he's paid to say all that but watching all at once really seems like some guy that keeps going about how cool his friend is while shittalking someone else.

>Silver Surfer is actually wearing a Strickland Propane shirt at the end of the ad

Fucking commercial Kino

So KOTH is part of the Marvelverse now?

Looks like it.

yes actually, in a recent issue of, i think it was ultimates, there was a propane tank that had strickland propane on the side.

Didn't modern Toonami did a bumper about tolerating other people's taste and even had TOM say he's guilty of the opposite and "he matured"?

Find that issue, and show us the panel, I've got to see this.

>Silver Surfer TAS ended with Thanos destroying the universe
>Hank Hill is dead

found it

Remember when CN was an actual channel, and not just a meme?

>It's Real

Holy Shit, this is the best thing I've ever seen.

>I'm tellin you guys, steve rogers is a hydra agent.
>damnit dale why would he be a hydra agent, he spent years fighting those guys i ww2.
> dang''ol saw 'im fightin that red skull last week
dang'ol scary man.
>i'm telling you, red skull must have altered his history to make him an agent for hydra.

I do

...Ya think they didn't need to get it approved?