What the fuck are they supposed to be anyway?

What the fuck are they supposed to be anyway?

Eternals

Eternals?

Anybody kind of wish Marvel shilled these guys instead of the Inhumans? Seeing Eternals in a movie would be cooler than seeing a fucking Inhuman.

Space Mutants?

>shilled

"we want the New Gods audience"

Some rumor that they're going to appear in Thor 3 but 90% of rumors are fake so take that with a grain of salt.

And anyways, there's no reason they can't shill both. Although they're both extremely Kirby, the Inhumans are more secret alien-like civilization whereas Eternals are more Marvel's New Gods. But the way they handled the inhumans push (fucking horribly), I wouldn't trust Marvel to not botch an Eternals push. Only Marvel writers I'd trust to write them are Ewing or pic related.

The proto-Inhumans, aka inspiration that lead to the Kree creating the Inhumans. Still vastly inferior to the Eternals.

The sister species to the Deviants and mutants that were created by the Celestials. Eternals are perfect compare to the ugliness of the Deviants and the randomness of the mutants.

The cosmic powered immortals that were mistaken for Olympians.

eternal

Kirby's answer to Chariots of the Gods

>Some rumor that they're going to appear in Thor 3
I've seen that too, also for Guardians 2, but everywhere I saw it it actually refered to the Elders of the Universe in some way (Collector, Grandmaster, Ego), so if there is even any truth to it they just used the name because it has a nicer ring to it than Elders of the Universe (like Defenders sounds nice so let's call the Netflix heroes that)

New Gods done right

Pepperoni

More like Eternals was Kirby's attempt at a "do-over" of the uncompleted New Gods story in a more episodic form and without a predetermined endgame.

Marvel's shitty attempt to copy the New Gods

Kirby read this in the early 1970s and while I'm not sure he believed in it, it was enough to spark his imagination enough to do a third do-over of the Inhumans (the second was the New Gods at DC). It hewed a lot closer to the Inhumans than the New Gods had. Both premises consisted of:

* Branch of humanity artifically evolved by mysterious godlike aliens.
* Seen as gods and demons by the rest of primitive humanity and inspiring myths and religion
* Fantastic superhuman powers tied to distinctive appearances
* Millennia-long isolation broken in modern times and forced to interact with the rest of humanity.

Makkari best eternal.

What happened to them?

They fucked off to space.

I don't really see the New Gods as do over of the Inhumans. They share almost nothing in common other than being an advanced race.

The Eternals do obviously draw inspiration from both.