Marvel rebirth?

Hey first time poster, but news of a possible marvel rebirth are coming, so take this however you want it but it's a perspective. I am a complete and utter casual when it comes to comics. I used to read them when I was a kid. Stopped cause didn't really care or understand what was going on. I recently got into comics after coming here and seeing a story time of all star superman, blue beetle (jaime), and hitman. Decided to read up on some stuff.

The first comic I bought physically was DC rebirth comics because it gave me an easy way to jump into comics and it felt like I wasn't missing much. Since then I've been buying 5 or 6 comics. I recently tried to get into marvel, cause I like the movies and also have friends who like marvel comics. It is simply very intimidating. I feel like shit is happening so fast with characters changing and acting differently all over the place. I feel lost and quite frankly don't enjoy it.

What would a marvel rebirth do for me exactly since what I've seen, I don't care for. what they show me that I should care about, is convuluted, and what they have been showing me is now going away. Why should I care? Marvels problems to me as an outsider and new person are simply that they are all over the place. DC is easy and I like that. I wanna read about a character I stick to their book. Occasionally I might see them in another book and when I do they act similar to their own book. Marvel is the opposite. Characters act strange and if I wanna read about a character I gotta read like 5 books. I don't wanna do that. Anyways that's just sorta my view. Who cares about marvel if they still make it convuluted?

tl;Dr I'm new and marvel rebirth is apparently happening, what does this mean and why should anyone care?

Other urls found in this thread:

viewcomic.com/the-vision-v3-01-2016/
viewcomic.com/spider-man-deadpool-001-2016/
viewcomic.com/moon-knight-001-2014/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't know what to say.

>what does this mean
Nothing beyond more attempts at nostalgia pandering in their marketing.

>why should anyone care?
You shouldn't.

I guess maybe something about marvel being a lost cause or something to hope on for the future?

They'll launch another wave of books. Some of it will be good, some of it will be bad, and most of it will be mediocre. Same as always.

That's somewhat oddly depressing to hear. Based on what little I know they should have a lot of good characters to line up

It's not à reboot, they are bringing back Classic hulk, Thor, etc.

From what I read on Sup Forums isn't hulk dead from cw2? Also that's underwhelming

Characters don't matter. It just comes down to creative teams, of which they have some good, some bad, and a lot of mediocre creators working for them. It's not like anything is really going to change quality-wise when it's mostly the same people working for them as have been working for them for years, with a handful of changes of varying success.

Ewing's books will continue being good. Bendis' books will continue being bad. All that changes is which book either of them is writing.

Basically every major comic book characters has died and came back more than once. Death is pretty much meaningless at this point.

Marvel was never good.

Marvel has needed a reboot for like 20 years now

I've kinda come to understand that fact unfortunately, but I also feel as though the mystique is also missing. Not the end part because all good things come to an end. But rather the journey. I loved all star super cause its a great story. And I'm finding a lot of marvel comics tend to not have a concrete arc or rather a good over arching plot they tend to focus on the group books and crossovers which may be why I don't find them too appealing. I guess my main question in this context would be "do you think they will focus on solos and less crossovers and group books, so that way characters are treated in a satisfying manner"

>"first time poster"

Riiiight. Amazing how you've managed to coincidentally make a thread that's already been shitposted every week on Sup Forums for years.

Odd, that.

But to answer your question: Why would DC's shittiest cop-out of a bad idea ever help Marvel?
It shouldn't even be done in DC comics.

Marvel is fucking garbage.

Sounds more like you're just reading the wrong comics. If you're only paying attention to the team books and crossovers then obviously it's going to look like everything is a team book or crossover. It's like how people complain about how "every DC book is about Batman." Which, no, isn't true, but a lot of the most advertised stuff does have Batman or Batman derivatives in it because they're popular.

I guess that's sort of a problem in its own respect. When I tried to jump into marvel things were a little crazy. I tried jumping into spider man (miles), ms. Marvel, iron man (before cw2 happened), deadpool, and gotg. It started sorta smooth but soon everyone's stories had to be connected to other books. Then it became very confusing to see stories pan out as I read different books to see connections to plot points. But again I'm new to all this so I probably just don't know my way around which is a valid criticism

>What really bothers me about Marvel is the continual "cross-overmania".

>What bothers me the most about this (I DO buy most of the titles involved) is that they can't get the damn thing synchronized!

I know there are all sorts of problems involved with scheduling and publishing comics, but the people at Marvel certainly know this--why do they continue? Yeah, yeah, I know it's for PROFITS PROFITS PROFITS.

>Marvel is concluding current storylines in Secret Bores, and initiating others. It's highly frustrating! But no, I AM NOT GOING TO SUCCUMB TO MARVEL'S CHEAP MARKETING PLOYS! I HAVE ONLY ONE LIFE TO GIVE FOR MY COUNTRY, AND I'M NOT GOING TO SPEND IT READING SECRET BORES!!!!!

From 07-22-1985

Sounds like you just jumped into a bunch of bad comics. Next time, ask Sup Forums for some recommendations.

>ask Sup Forums for some recommendations

To be fair, Secret Wars II was a fucking disaster. There's a reason most people consider it Marvel's worst event after Ultimatum.

Look at the date.

Oh, he's talking about Secret Wars I.

Shut up Sup Forums, nobody likes you.

>There's a reason most people consider it Marvel's worst event after Ultimatum.
I think Civil War II might take that spot. That trash is the epitome of everything that's wrong with Nu-Marvel.

the only way marvel will have a rebirth when they first fire all the SJWs working there like Bendis and get rid of all the crappy characters like the not so awesome hulk, the Muslim ms marvel that is hated by actual Muslims, feminist thor, tumblr wasp, etc

Ironically enough I like Marvel over DC for the exact reason you provide, only reversed. Thor & Legion & everyone else would have their own book all to themselves whereas you'd have to buy THE ENTIRE FUCKING BATMAN LINE to make sense out of the Death of the Family arc. Also I find the fact that it's one continuous history easier to deal with than a steady line of Crisis reboots.
I can kinda see where you're coming from though. Funny, that.

"Death of the Family" is a saga, shithead, of course you would have to buy other books. The same applies to Marvel..

What? No you don't. Just the main Batman book is sufficient to understand Death of the Family.

There's your problem, shitty recs. Try these books out.

>viewcomic.com/the-vision-v3-01-2016/

>viewcomic.com/spider-man-deadpool-001-2016/

>viewcomic.com/moon-knight-001-2014/

They should give you a good enough feel for good current Marvel books. But as for your OP question. A lot of the characters have been being written out of character for a long time (such as Spider-Man) or been replaced by more shitty version. The Marvel "Rebirth" is supposedly set to fix that.

In answer to your question, a Marvel "Rebirth" would presumably streamline things & make them more similar to the classic archetypal stuff that you see in the movies. You're right in that the comics are convoluted as fuck right now, they've spent the past few years 'experimenting' with IPs and it's lead to a virtually unrecognizable line. To play into my prior post, I guess it all comes down to timing. When I got into comics, Marvel had just released a bunch of #1s with a recognizable Thor, Cap, Tony etc, whereas DC was a year into it's own relaunch with crossovers galore and context scarce. If I'd gotten in the past year instead, hell yeah the tables would be turned. Marvel's current lineup is fucking LAUGHABLE in how obscure & mismatched & incestuous it is.

So tldr you "should care" because it'll simplify everything similar to how DC Rebirth did. But, to be frank, it'd only be the illusion of change anyway. This'd be at least the 3rd time in the past 20 years that they'd made a big marketing deal out of returning to the status quo. Marvel got as popular as it did in the first place because it was realistic. Character's grew and changed and did things that mattered. Then the characters started getting cartoon/movie interest so change stopped dead. A Marvel Rebirth won't TRULY have happened until everybody starts aging again instead of dragging 15 years of condensed history behind them.

There was a storytime illustrating it yesterday, if you're interested .

Rude.
I'll take your word for it. Somebody storytimed it once and it didn't give me a good impression of the DC approach. All I was invested in at the time was God of Thunder & X-Men Legacy and neither of them did anything of the sort. Like I've since said, it's the other way around now so was all down to timing.

hope that's obvious to everyone
Marvel won't do it though

I use to love Marvel Comic Books and movies until I saw Stan Lee sitting next to the Hildabeast.Lost all respect for their works after that....shame.

>Marvel got as popular as it did in the first place because it was realistic. Character's grew and changed and did things that mattered
I guess Dick Grayson and Wally West are still kids.

>the only way marvel will have a rebirth when they first fire all the SJWs working there like Bendis

They /might/ crack down on the creators that aren't pulling in any dough, which would include a lot of them. But Bendis and Slott are here to stay.

>and get rid of all the crappy characters like the not so awesome hulk, the Muslim ms marvel that is hated by actual Muslims, feminist thor, tumblr wasp, etc

This actually likely will happen. The Generations book that Waid is doing will basically be him killing a bunch of them off in a Avengers Arena type fashion. Miles and Kamala surviving though.

>Slott are here to stay.
Fucking why?

Nobody buys Spier-Man because Slott is writing it, they buy it because is Spider-Man. Daniel Way could be written Spider-Man and it would sell as much as Slot.

Because Marvel can't make that conclusion, BUT there is a chance he will leave. With Zdarsky writing Spectacular Spider-Man, if that manages to sell more than Amazing, we'll get Slott off in favor of Chip "I fantasize about girls in nursing homes" Zdarsky. Going off of his interview, he already has a better understanding of the character than Slott.

I think it's more likely that mantles will be stripped than characters will be killed off en masse, AA style.

Eeeeeexactly. By 'in the first place' I'm talking 60s. DC took pointers, since.

Either way, the legacies are out the door. Now all we have to do is hope for the Miles movie to flop so that he will follow suit.

I genuinely don't mind some of the legacies. The ones I really don't like are Bendis' pets and the odds of them being written out are next to none until he's gone.

Exactly what I hate. I really enjoy Ms. Marvel, Sam Nova, and Robbie (even though Danny is the best Rider). But the ones that /really/ need to go are Miles and Riri.

For the young legacues, I like Ms Marvel (in her own book), Sam Nova, Robbie (once he gets his book back) and Cho (in his own book). Outside of their solos, Kamala and Cho are trash.

Miles needs to get out from under Bendis to be decent, but even then he's Peter-lite and still shitty so you may as well dump him as the waste of publishing soace that he is. Riri and Lunella are hot fucking garbage and need to go.

Miles is worthless in a world where Peter's a OMD'd manchild anyway.