Could never have existed without The Hub

>Could never have existed without The Hub
>Never got a fanbase because it was on The Hub

Can you think of a show with a bigger catch 22?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=puCpbEQ5N_E
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>the hub will never come back
youtube.com/watch?v=puCpbEQ5N_E

I'll still never understand why "that" show took off while this one didn't

The other show is 'innocent fun' that takes place in a fantasy land with plots about making friends so it makes for good escapism

Dan Vs is relatable and funny but only for a smaller niche, and it's set in the real world (with some fictional exaggerations) so it doesn't work on the escapism angle

Like what the fuck was Dan Vs. doing on the hub? As far as I could tell it was the only cartoon that wasn't made to sell toys.

It had a merchandising line.
It had broader appeal for all ages.
It's an innocent cartoon parents know they can just leave on for their kids to watch while they're busy (Some parents would not like some of the material in Dan, especially when characters get hurt for laughs or Dan is mean for laughs)
Kids themselves are more likely to gravitate towards a brightly colored show with lots of visual gags vs. a cartoon with lots of dialogue-based humor.
The Hub pushed for it to be on streaming services and On Demand much more than Dan. In fact, that show is available on Netflix right now while Dan is not even available for DVD order.

Dan's on Hulu though

what funny is that Dan Vs. threads seem to last longer on /mlp/ then here

Because Sup Forums tricked a lot of autistic people into watching it unironically
And autistic people tend latch onto bright, colorful things that move fast and that autism tends to spread

and yet somehow I want toys of it more than any of their other shows

is any one selling 'Jerk' shirts?

Redbubble if you feel like paying $25 for one shirt.

It had a fanbase and was a very popular show with multiple seasons.

The reason it got cancelled? They just didn't renew it for another season for no reason at all. Apparently that happens sometimes.

>watch show with friends in room
>they aren't interested
Is there something about the show, or am I just autistic? We usually watch other animated stuff together.

Armchair Psychology: The Post

It actually got pretty low ratings, but some higher up at Hub loved it anyway so they kept renewing it. I think the only reason Dan and Chris got to make the show is because that person was also a close friend.

I'd've bought a minifig

>tfw the only merch we'll ever see, if anything, is Funkos

I could never get into this show and I'm honestly not sure why. It seems like it'd be up my alley but nothing clicks for me.

Curtis has one so they were definitely made somewhere at some point