G E T

G E T

H Y P E

. . . ?

>3.99
nope

I'm sorry you don't have $1.

Yeah, use your precious money to buy foolkiller or champions, fucking hobo.

>that video of the cover

So fucking pretty, I'm tempted to actually buy it for that.

that's only the lenticular cover

>tfw you lived long enough to see WatchmeX to become reality

>5 posts in and someone has already deflected to Marvel
The deflection doesn't even make sense in this case since Marvel shit costs more for some retarded reason.

IT WAS ME

NO, WAIT. IT WAS HIM!

NOTHING EVER ENDS

Even worse, then: you can't even by Foolkiller or Champions for $3.99?

They're going to ruin it
Alan was right

Friendly reminder that if you have any respect for the industry and the authors working so hard to give you entertaining stories in exchange for peanuts you should boycott everything concerning this poorly conceived marketing mov- uh, i meant "commentary"

not content with just ruining their movies, video games, and tv shows DC moves to ruin their comics as well

Make this real.

Am I supposed to be reading the Flash to prepare for PRIME TIME?

Is that actually happening, or is it a meme?

Not since the 21st issue.

"Titans" and "Action Comics" are more important in this regard

I'm more hype about DadBats.

Watchmen sucked, but everyone clung to it because it made them less embarassed than admitting they read cape comics. Especially these days where you can take a college course where it is one of the readings and they fellate your ego about how smart you are for reading "graphic literature".

I look forward to it get shit on and Manhattan being just another bit bad in the DC universe.

Watchmen didn't suck. Different than 99% of comic book writers, Moore is a true literate. Or do you think that "great" comic book writers like fucking All Ewing are truly good writers? They couldn't write a good novel to save their lives.

The bad thing about Watchmen are the fans that think it is a Sacred Cow. Fuck them.

I haven't found Titans to be important at all. In that first arc Kadabra kept implying he knew something but then fucking nothing happened, and now it doesn't seem to have anything to do with Rebirth. So far that's true for Action Comics as well, the only thing is that Mr. Oz was standing around looking mysterious during that first arc. Hopefully in the upcoming Superman crossover something actually happens.

>Watchmen sucked
The edge

So, what's the deal with Rebirth? Have they reveal the schemer yet? Anybody a quick rundown for a nigga that's been out of touch for quite a bit?

It was confirmed to be Manhattan like a year ago, bro.
Read the special.

I don't think they've done everything relevant with it yet. Bats is preparing an army or something

The last page of the Rebirth one shot implies Manhattan is behind it, but nothings confirmed. There's also a guy named Mr. Oz (Ozymandius?) watching over the pre-flashpoint Superman, and he captured Doomsday at the end of the first Action Comics arc after Superman fought him. Also at the end of the first arc of Detective Comics, Tim Drake "died" but it turned out Oz got him out of harms way at the last second but is keeping him prisoner because he wants him "out of play". There also seems to be two other cells next to his we haven't seen into yet. Also in Action Comics, a new Clark Kent has appeared without superpowers to replace new52 Clark (pre-flashpoint Clark is keeping his identity as Clark White) and it's a mystery where he came from and why he remembers being a human born Clark. It seems the two Clarks and Oz stuff will be touched on in an upcoming Action Comics / Superman crossover. The watchmen button still hasn't been touched on, but will be in the upcoming Batman Flash crossover.

I know, but was talking more about the heroes in-story. Is there some crusade against him brewing, or are they going in circles still?

isn't this going for half a year or more already? feels dragged as shit

>The edge
Exactly, that's what made Watchmen terrible.
Alan Moore was a mistake.

user, Moore wrote the comic, not the edgy movie, learn the difference!

Not really. The point of Rebirth was to undo New 52 without throwing away everything it did. Doing so would piss off readers.

The next part is tying it into an event and they've been dropping hints here and there. The best part is that none of it is interfering with story arcs. It's just a mention here or there for some books.

Closer to a year at this point. This is their Rebirth storyline, and is designed to be drip fed for the most part except for one big thing happening few years. Like New52, it built slowly starting with just a few hints of what the story would be, then Trinity war and Forever Evil, then almost nothing again, then the big finish with Darkseid War

Friendly shout out from a fellow hater of Moore. Reading watchmen was about as enjoyable as diarrhea. It's one of the only books I stopped reading about 3/4th of the way through because I wasn't enjoying myself at all. 1984 is the other book.

DC doesn't want thise sweet sales to keep dropping, they need those times to get the sales up again.

You could say the same thing about Marquis de Sade, his work now concidered a work of high art.
You're not saying shit, man

Manhattan isn't so powerful. Superman one million is more powertful than him. The black creature from Multiversity is also more interesting than him.

Wait, why it's 3.99? I thought that they will only raise the monthlies prices?

It's $2.99 for the regular covers, $3.99 for the lenticular covers.

That explain it. Thanks dude.

Yup, we had people exploding into blue lightning the second they figured out something weird was going on....a year ago. Then absolutely nothing whatsoever on it ever again.

They are definitely dragging this shit out

How long ago was that issue with Owlman being killed? Wasnpt that almost 2 FUCKING YEARS ago?

It was the final issue of Darkseid War, last May, the same day DCU Rebirth came out. It hasn't even been a year.

I dont think Watchmen is a sacred cow or anything (Good book, but a tad overrated), but this entire storyarc just seems forced and kind of dumb. I dont really care to see Dr Manhattan waving his blue dick around the DC universe and eventually get outsmarted by Batman of all people. Not to mention Id trade the inevitable Rorschach appearance for more Question any day. Not to mention we killed off the Crime Syndicate for this shit? Pass

What are you? Stupid?

>the black creature
He is called Thunderer, you racist fuck

ayyy

Hey man, Is rather they drag it out and make good stories than rush it and release a dozen events one after the other non-stop.

why is martha dead

because we already have three jokers.

No, please be fucking around. They are not bringing my husbando back. Is it true? will i know the sweet taste of angsty wrath once more?

Now I want one of the Jokers be Martha Joker

We'll find out in Superman Reborn I guess.

"I hate superheroes. I think they're abominations."

"Comics were a mistake"
- Alan Moore

No, Fuck you and Fuck Johns

>then the big finish with Darkseid War

I wouldnt call a fight in 3 city blocks of gotham a "big finish"

>The bad thing about Watchmen are the fans that think it is a Sacred Cow. Fuck them.

No onw does that, no one would be mad if MORRISON or GAIMAN were making a short story about Manhattan just TALKING with IDK Miracleman watching the big bang.

Or if anyone of the calliber was making a small mini sequel.

Is not a sacred cow, it's just that DC doesnt has the TALENT to make a good use of the story. It's not a sacred cow, it's just that WE ALL KNOW is nothing but a stupid gimmick some executive told johns to use. And johns being the bitch he has always been did it without any care of how stupid and worthless the story will be. Anyone hyped over Johns use of the watchmen character should be forced to read Darkseid War 4 times in a row.

This

BUT admittedly I'm personally also a Moorefag and I'll forever denigrate DC for backstabbing him with the propriety

That watchmen blood splatter on RF

>No onw does that, no one would be mad if MORRISON or GAIMAN were making a short story about Manhattan just TALKING with IDK Miracleman watching the big bang.

Please, one of you ass hats, would get pissed if dr. manhattan showed up in the last page of final crisis. It doesn't matter who wrote it, Alan Moore fanboys would cry foul.

>Please, one of you ass hats, would get pissed if dr. manhattan showed up in the last page of final crisis.

Yes, and you know why? Final Crisis INTRODUCED a Captain Atom that could play the role of DR Manhattan. Of course Captain Allen isnt just a selling gimmick like Manhattan is. Anyway, the point is that using them as a gimmick in an event is stupid. The idea of using them in final crisis would be equally stupid, Before Watchmen wasnt hated due the sacred cow status but the lack of quality and how much of a waste it ended up being, just like wildstorm or first wave.

Stop believing is all about being fan boys, it's just that Johns, or anyone on his team are just not good enough. We got 5 years od people like you defending Johns use of the new gods saying we just needed to have faith, Darkseid started and some of you guys were still believing he would deliver, it ended being shit.

There's nothing Manhattan brings to the table that Monarch, Captain allen, imperiex, krona, or anyone like them couldnt had done. We will get a shit story, batman will be useless, flash will make no sense and the "powerset" of the second wave of minutemen will make no sense.

>DC moves to ruin their comics as well
They already did that.
It was called "Flashpoint"

>DadBats
FUCK, does this mean this RF is the pre-Flashpoint one? I'M SO FUCKING HYPED

Something about Martha not being the Joker triggers my autism.
I hope we will get to see whathappened to the Flashpoint world after that fucking earthquake.

You Moorefags are bloody autists

Nice catch

Is he going to be in the main universe? Love to see in his interaction with Damian.

>Final Crisis INTRODUCED a Captain Atom that could play the role of DR Manhattan.

Captain Allen helped superman stop mandrakk, was the superman of his own world, and was a key part of president Harley's plan to use the power of superheroes to save the world. He's a bona fide superhero, that's the difference between him and manhattan. A character who learned of the importance of heroes in the great scheme of things by reading comic books can't be the villain of a event that puts hopeful, bright heroes against the cynism of the real world. I'm not saying that including Dr Manhattan wasn't, in some way, a sales gimmick (my pick for the villains of the event was the gentry or SBP), but, thematically, it really fits.

>but, thematically

It doesnt since the whole "meta" stuff either doesnt make sense since is bullshit, Watchmen inspired Sandman, and doom patrol, not Flashpoint or new52, or Johns is actually serious and he is an hypocrite, he is the father of superboy prime, by far the DC writer that likes gore the most,

>Watchmen inspired Sandman and Doom Patrol
What are you talking about?

>Watchmen inspired Sandman, and doom patrol
Huh?

A sound of thunder and malleable reality

Lenticular covers are pretty snazzy.

Watchmen inspired a lot of things. To say a modern comic wasn't in some way inspired by Watchmen would be incorrect and flat out shows a poor understanding of comics.

Grim was nothing new before watcmen, most comics still didn't pick up deconstruction until the 90's.

It did inspire the slow removal of thought ballons.

Good job making up things I said about grim or whatever and then arguing those made up points I guess.

Good job trying to make no points.

Don't dirty my memories of WatchmeX with this

> suck suck
Oh. We're on the same page then.