DeMatties Spidey

What's JM DeMatties Spider-Man like, overall? I've read Kraven's Last Hunt but he did another 100+ issues of Amazing/Spectacular/Team-Up.
I love the guy's supernatural comics so I have no idea what to expect from his Street-level.

One of the absolute best.

Even his Clone Saga tie ins.

My pile's starting to creak.
What makes his run stand out, then? Does he dip into the trippy new-age stuff?

I like it because of how much it goes into Peter's adult life. It covers a lot of dark things, as well.

Ah fuck was it the last bastion of old-school Mahvel dynamic Spidey before the status quo goblins started creeping in?

Anyone else always read his initials as Jim?

Thanks pal

No problem user.

why did peter put the suit on?

>why did peter put the suit on?
Clone saga

Does it help to have read his prior issues? For context.

Clone Saga
Ben Reilly epic

The infamous clone saga. i don't recommend

It's ocelot!

I fucking hate Judas traveler.

I-I meant prior JM issues!

why don't you say that a little louder, May? I don't think the other people heard you.

only problem with that is how every clone saga arc had like one issue written by a different guy, his issue of web of death is still my favourite tho, but yeah in general he did a fantastic job of making the stupidest stuff seem atmospheric and interesting for at least an issue

>only problem with that is how every clone saga arc had like one issue written by a different guy, his issue of web of death is still my favourite tho, but yeah in general he did a fantastic job of making the stupidest stuff seem atmospheric and interesting for at least an issue
Fuck the fake actress retcon

this is really powerful actually. damn.

Is this issue meant to be a culmination of what was talking about?

The end

holy shit, was it that long? and is it that bad?

He really dwells in the psychological aspect of characters. What they think, what they feel, their subconscious, etc.
The worst of it is gibberish and drags, the best of it is fascinating and gut-wrenching (see the Harry Osborn Saga at Spectacular).

He did a few comedic issues there as well and they're a riot.

>holy shit, was it that long? and is it that bad?
It started decent the story was mean to be short but sales were good and it dragged from 1994 to 1996.

thanks user

What happened to Matt those times?

he was using his weird black armor and i think he faked his death or something

How did she come back to life? I avoided hearing about Clone Saga but there is so much stuff to dig god damn it.

the may that died there was an actress hired by hired by norman, it was really stupid, the post clone saga issues of spiderman were WORSE than the clone saga at it´s absolute worst, howard mackie was a terrible guy to be given free reign of the character

lmao wtf?
I was right to avoid these stuff. Thanks user.

Fucking status quo bullshit I swear.
Keep her dead and Joe'd be down a plot device for OMD.

worst part is how the retcon made one of the most heartfelt momets in MARVEL HISTORY fake, i was only a kid when they retconned it and i was red with fury

I miss when time would go forward.

that sucks

Agreed