Why the fuck are villains with actual powers AFRAID of the Joker?

Why the fuck are villains with actual powers AFRAID of the Joker?
Forget Batman, othe villains should have killed Joker long ago.

>Why the fuck are villains with actual powers AFRAID of the Joker?

Bad writing.

Because he's cuh-razey. Also he probably has gadgets or shit like that.

Psimon was trying to be the leader and Joker just bashes his head in and assumes that role. These aren't masterminds that could do the same or better than him. They're just random criminals that want to get home and don't have the brainpower to do so.

Also

They're a superstitious cowardly lot.

The only reason the Joker even still exists is because fans and writers like him. There is no in-universe reason that he should be relevant at all. He's just a crazy person who doesn't have any superior training in fighting nor academics. You just pretty much have to ignore all attempts at justifying him.

Most villains either have actual powers that trump gadgets or have their own gadgets that have superior tech.

The more popular you are the more powerful you get.

Who are the other villains in OP? I notice Clayface and Giganta, both of whom could crush Joker.

Because a psycho who's beaten a child to death with a crowbar and cut his own face off is more scary than just a guy with an ice gun or whatever. He's basically the John Wayne Gacy of the DCU.

You know how the Flash has speedforce? I remember walking in on a conversation at my LCS where these three guys were talking about other kinds of forces, and they mentioned that the Joker has "insaneforce", which apparently means that even though he doesn't have any actual powers the depths of his insanity gives him control over others because his presence intimidates others.

Please for the love of god tell me that's not actually a thing from any of the comics.

because they are a superstitious, cowardly lot

Might as well be for all the shit he gets away with

If you were a given villain, it's quite possible that your powers would trump whatever Joker has up his sleeve. There's also the possibility that he has exactly what it takes to bring you down in an unspeakably horrible fashion.

Basically, attacking or opposing him is like playing Russian Roulette with 3-4 rounds in the cylinder.

The Joker existence make no sense anymore after all the things he has done.

DC needs to retire him for a really good while.

So then cap his ass. He doesn't have any power if nobody follows him.

>So then cap his ass

Try that and see an elaborate plan unfold that trumps your attempt, because he not only knew you were going to but was counting on it for his plan to work

Questions like these are stupid, because it's comics...it's the same reason Batman or the Punisher are feared among super powered people, PLOT

But in the OP, the villains outnumber the Joker a hundred to one. The Joker had to beat someone to death with a rock, he is clearly at his weakest.

Psychologically, it's quite simple: they spend their villainous careers being beaten up by a guy who lacks powers and regularly takes on metahumans. Combine that with how readily the Joker is happy to kill and their fear is understandable.

While the odds are that that rock is all he has, do you want to be the villain who finds out the hard way that he has something else or that he knows your fatal weakness?

>Batman can take on any villain in the DC universe
>Joker can hold his own against Batman
It's that simple.

They need to give him the Barry Allen treatment where he dies and disappears from print for like 20 years until he shows back up and eclipses the character that replaced him

This.

>Questions like these are stupid, because it's comics...it's the same reason Batman or the Punisher are feared among super powered people, PLOT
I just don't get it. You complain about comics getting darker and edgy, people tell you not to complain because comics aren't just dudes in spandex fighting, but you complain about over the top bullshit and people tell you not to complain because "it's just comics dude, chill".

And both of those things are retarded

First of all, Sup Forums is not one person...I don't think I've personally ever complained about comics being dark and edgy....hell I complain more when they're too lighthearted with forced "ZOMG FUN!" crap

But regardless, the point is that comic books are written by writers, the universes of comic books are not concrete because they are a. fiction, and b. fiction written by tons of different people all using the same characters and universes....if you're into comics, this should easily be understood, the reason certain things happen in comics that might not make logical sense in the real world is because it's not the real world and literally anything can be written into happening

Why are villains afraid of the Joker? Because he's written to be the worst of them all, oh...you want someone to shoot the Joker? Fine, I'll just write it so that he wanted them to shoot him....because he is the worst most cunning criminal mastermind ever, and so of COURSE he wanted to be shot and it backfires on the person who did it! He's the Joker!

Sometimes I feel like people who ask these questions treat comics as if it's some real alternate universe somewhere, and not what it is....fiction

Yes, by shooting him from a distance with my laser gun/long-range powers

That was a patsy Joker you shot who he brainwashed in advance, the real Joker shows up behind you, compliments your aim, and you start trembling in fear as all the other villains turn on you in allegience of him because you just got Joker'd

It's not official, but Joker's madness has let him beat the Spectre.

I dunno if they need to kill him off, but I for one am really fucking tired of the character, he's been focused on way too much lately... i think out of almost any character in the big two he's the one that just needs to go away for a while... but DC has that whole 3 jokers thing to resolve so that aint happening.

That actually might be the most refreshing part of the rebirth batbooks is that he hasn't been involved in any of them so far, not even all star batman, and we all know the hard-on Snyder has for the character.

This thread again? Look as a villain what beef would I have with The Joker? He sticks to Gotham and I don't work there.

If I do work in Gotham? Joker provides distraction for my own schemes. He's an asset and if he does screw up a plan or two? That's the cost of business. Going to war is expensive and unlike the Joker I am in it for the money. And the fame. And the respect. And the groupies. But mostly the money.

My interpretation has always been that he is very, very good at reading people. The Joker can already tell if you have it in you to kill him. And if you do, he has a surprise way to kill you first as soon as you try.

Whereas batman prepares for everything, the Joker prepares exactly what he needs.

DC should just make Joker an avatar/figment/peice of Delirium from Sandman already and be done with it.

On one hand I love the idea of a simple man being scarier than people with powers, but the way it's done with Joker leaves me with bad taste in my mouth. I can't put my finger on why, though.

>shows back up and eclipses the character that replaced him
Barry eclipsed Wally by virtue of them literally erasing him from existence.

Probably because he's both scary and charismatic, and was bold enough to put himself in charge. For example, Giganta could just step on him, but if all the other villains stepped in to defend him (because they are scared, or think he's a competent leader, or genuinely think like him), she would probably loose, and the joker wouldn't hold back on the punishment. OP's image is overdoing it, however. Maybe if he asked a specific villain to bring him the steak, it would be less cringy..

Now say the same about Luthor.

Fucking retard. If you hate batman just stop talking about characters you don't like, make a storytime about Nova or a thread about Under rated villians instead of making the same fucking thread 5 times a day.

Because Salvation Run is shit. Nothing but bad writing all around. Just look at what that shit event did to J'onn? He have never been the same since.

>it's the same reason Batman or the Punisher are feared among super powered people,
>PLOT
You've got to pick if you're going to argue as a Watsonian or a Doylist.
The in-universe justification is the fact that Batman, just a normal human with a lot of tricks up his sleeves, is able to stand shoulder to shoulder with the rest of the Justice League, and go toe-to-toe with Gods.
And he's this greed haired motherfucker that's still a major pain in his ass.

>batman is a normal human

Joker does have some actual powers aside from the fan-discussed stuff like "insaneforce".

Joker is immune to many chemicals' adverse effects and his own blood is poisonous, for example.

Then the Joker kills you, because he was in his edgy phase. Or thought it was funny.

this makes me long for a joker ongoing. The catch is he has to kill one of the "not-batman" character ever 2-3 issues. Literally rewrite batman international with the joker killing at the "batmen". He is coming for you batwing. Hell he can take out the kids from the robins comics with a dirty bomb.

So he's a knockoff Ivy now? Is this him trying to win his bi-curious bitch back?

>Look Harls, I can kiss people to death too! See?
>Mr. J, you just bit that guy's tongue off

The difference is that Luthor is the smartest man on the planet. He could just create a device to drain their powers or turn them all into monkeys or shit like that. The joker is smart, but not that capable.

Same as batman. Even if he's overrated and has insane amounts of plot armour, he still is one of the smartest and most resourceful men on the planet. His training and equipement make him capable of handling godlike beings. Plus he's outsmarted the joker several times, the joker himself has admitted that every time he tries to think out of the box or being crazy and unpredictable, batman creates a new box around him. So it's not necessarily the same situation.

I want Joker to die at the hands of a nobody who got lucky.

He has tard-strenght, heals faster and is can barely feel pain. It's inmune to most forms of mind control, and even when it's "healed" his brain eventually resets into being an asshole again., but i believe the real reason is simple: cult of personality, he is a star among the bad guys, that shit has more weight than real power.

The Joker has 'super sanity".

You're everything wrong with Jokerfags.

How?

Maybe because Joker is treated like the be-all, end-all of DC villains these days. That's my reason, anyway.

>these days.

How young are you?

Are you one of those idiots that believes it has to do with the nolan movies?

>Immune to mind control

That's "punisher resisting the penance stare" tier of dumb. The joker should be affected by mind powers, like that time the martian made him sane again

As for powers, he also has tard speed, obvious genius level intellect and a shit ton of money. Plus some incarnations have stuff like acid flowers or giant hammers and helicopters with his face on it. And the ability to reinvent himself, of course.

So basically, he teleports behind you?

Hyper Sanity son, i ain't gotta explain shit

Stray bullet from a drive by shooting

That was just a bullshit theory about why he lies about his identity so much. Whoever wrote that watched a few too many Law & Order episodes with psycho perps.

He has been shot in the face.

Joker running from the Batman. A speeding car driven by a man attempting to get his pregnant wife to the hospital in order to give birth to his child. Man in speeding car hits the j-walking Joker and send him flying 300 feet into the air. As the Joker hits the ground, his neck is snapped and his brain matter is splatted all over the place. Man in car is given an Award for Heroism and Bravery. A national holiday was created in Gotham to honor the man.

And then things got worse for Batman...

I can get behind this. Make it so.

I sincerely doubt any writer would have Black Adam or Sinestro put up with his shit and not have Joker transform into a smear on the wall.

>That's "punisher resisting the penance stare" tier of dumb
What about it is dumb, exactly?

It's almost as if Penance Stare is supposed to make the person feel the pain they inflicted on others, not make them burn because they regret something.
It's almost as if "if they don't regret their crimes, they don't burn" is an idiotic and inefficient concept in a world full of homicidal sociopaths.

The penance stare doesn't care whether you feel guilty or not. Frank being an unrepenant murderer who feels absolutely justified in his every crime and actions doesn't MATTER. The Penance Stare works by magically inflicting on the target all the pain they've ever inflicted on others across their whole lifetime.

Frank has hurt a LOT of people.

The Punisher is protected by Death and we all know Death > the shitstain that is Ghost Rider.

The same reason Batgod exists: popularity

>Joker sauntering down the street off to fuck with Bats at midnight
>stereotypical deli owner runs past bumping Joker
>"meat so bad it gave you the runs?"
>deli owner clearly unfazed despite facing a super villain picks himself up and keeps running mumbling something about his family
>Joker pulls out comically oversized pocketwatch and sighs melodramatically
>"Clock King'd be miffed if he knew I was stealing his bit"
>Joker turns and follows determined to find out why he ignored his joke
>finds deli owner whimpering to himself in the doorway of his shop about protection money
>Joker's new bit interrupted by screeching of tires
>hoodrats pull around corner unleashing a hail of bullets from their beat up vehicle tearing apart the store, the owner and the Joker

>early next morning the street is sectioned off in dim light
>comish Gordo pulls back the blanket unveiling the Joker's grimace as Batman stands atop a nearby building looking solemn as he realizes his life has changed

The joker keeps Gotham crime stable. Without him, it's a freeforall to become the next King of crime.

But the Joker isn't a crime boss, he doesn't give a shit about money, drugs, prostitutes, gambling or whatever. He just every so often fucks shit up for everyone, even the Mob, like that time he killed all of Carmine Falcone's bodyguards and threatened him in his bed, then tried to kill Falcone's children.

He doesn't need to be; The Joker keeps the others in check because they don't want to encroach on him or his plans, because they don't want to have to not only deal with him, but wherever he goes, The Bat is soon to follow.

honestly ignoring any "meta" reasons behind it, my personal headcanon is that in the aftermath of Emperor Joker, the tiniest fragment of 5th Dimensional power is still embedded in Joker's soul, not enough for him to actively do anything with even if he was aware of it, but because of it, he radiates off danger much higher than what someone like him would normally be able to(thus why people rarely try to kill him even when it'd be easy to do so), and due to how the 5th Dimension is beyond Time & Space this retroactively applies to Joker even before the events of Emperor Joker

>The joker should be affected by mind powers, like that time the martian made him sane again
it is worth mentioning that Martian Manhunter was only able to do that for a couple minutes and it was extremely taxing on him(although I think we can both agree The Spectre not being able to judge him was ridiculous)

yeah if I ever got the opportunity to write at Marvel, I'd definitely have another confrontation between Punisher and Ghost Rider end with Frank getting successfully Penance Stared

not a bad idea

The Joker is just a Mary Sue edgelord. Coldsteel level of edgelord. I guess it's the only way to counter Mary Sue Batman.

>Joker dies
>His soul goes to Hell
>Strikes a deal with the demons and is resurrected, but this time he has hellish, Satanic powers

This.

It was Grant Morrison, and it was in "A Serious House on Serious Earth." Morrison has repeatedly made it clear that that entire story was literally just a dream sequence; Batman having a terrible nightmare, which is why everything is so surreal and disjointed.

So it's not that the writer was suggesting that this is an actual explanation. He had Batman dreaming of a figment of his imagination proposing this insane idea.

Punisher, not so much. The real big guys don't give a shit, see his Dark Reign mini when he pissed off Sentry. Agreed on insane survivability though.

Because he's so Cuh-Rayzee!
I mean for fuck's sake. Warp alone could teleport him two miles up and he'd be able to do precisely dick about it.

>like that time the martian made him sane again

DIdn't that last for like 10 seconds?

Joker can cast cause fear at will. The save DC's not all that high but well...

because writers praise the joker? i dont know
>>Why the fuck are villains with actual powers AFRAID of the Joker?
y have i never noticed this?

>>implying people are afraid of a literal clown
wouldnt normal people want to kill a clown on sight out of fear?

The sad thing is, they could have easily just made Frank go and get himself high, as one of the established failings of the Penance Stare is that it doesn't work on those under the influence of drugs, but instead they went with "lolnoregrets".

>wouldnt normal people want to kill a clown on sight out of fear?

If that were even remotely true we wouldn't have had "creepy clown sightings" making the news. Instead we would have had "creepy clown killings" as the headline.

>I'm such a badass villain that I'll just kill the Joker if he tries to boss me around!

Congratulations, you just played yourself, fool. They aren't afraid of the Joker, they're afraid of his lover and his legion of mind-raping alien world-busters.

He tricks the Fight or flight fear response in your head into removing the fight instinct to make the flight instinct twice as potent.

would the joker survive in the marvel universe?

he's so randumb that if you try anything against him, it's 100% sure to backfire on you and kill you

yes, he is so lol randumb but it works against his enemies. you'd never see his dumb ass clown tricks fail in the heat of the moment because his randumbness never works against him

Pretty sure some of those guys did actually get shot.

I'm hoping that was just part of a long build up to reveal that Punisher has just become immune to magic for some reason.

Mind control/telepathy immunity is the ONE benefit of "super insanity" I could buy. It'd be like trying to fly a plane but all the buttons/switches are wired to the wrong thing.

I think the worst that came out of it was that one guy dressed up as Batman to hunt them down, and one clown in the Philippines got beat up by drug addicts.

Joker and Batman like their steak well done.

>> He tricks the Fight or flight fear response in your head into removing the fight instinct to make the flight instinct twice as potent.
that sounds too edgy to be real

He'd end up either stealing or being given Amatsu-Mikaboshi's power and become a huge threat.
Because he's the Joker.

>there are people actually trying to say that joker is the same as batman and/or lex
lol no

Batman and Lex can actually pose a threat to superhumans. Joker is just a dude that manages to still be alive thanks to 4th wall popularity

That logic is wrong as hell. Just because the airplane controls got switched doesnt mean I dont have control of the plane. I'm flying it real bad and will probably crash and die but that doesnt mean I wasnt controlling it.

Mind control immunity is basically locking the cock pit door so you cant get in at all

>He is coming for you batwing.

The first thing I thought of was the David Zavimbe version of Batwing and now I really want a story about Joker travelling to the Congo and no one taking him seriously because every mook is a former child soldier who has seen and done worse.

I can dig it.

He would be one of meme characters like Squirrel Girl and Deadpool.

>Just because the airplane controls got switched doesnt mean I dont have control of the plane.

No user, it means that in order for you to figure out how to fly the plane right you'd need to figure out what control does what, while at the same time trying to keep telling yourself that that's not how things should work. The moment you "get the hang" of an insane mind is the moment you lose yourself in the insanity, because you perceive what goes on in there as normal and end up forgetting you went in to set things straight.