Ask someone who has read about 3/4 of a rough draft of The Batman script anything

Ask someone who has read about 3/4 of a rough draft of The Batman script anything.

Is Robin a chick?

There was no Robin in what I read. Only Nightwing.

Ooooh a fanfiction thread.

What the story is about?

What is in there that is scaring the shit out of directors?

how long has your dad been working for nintendo

Don't really feel like tagging everything, so from here on out - beware of spoilers.

There is a lot of Batman/Dick interaction - a lot. I'm hardly some high-up on the totem poll, but I'd imagine execs aren't fond of a character who is (relatively) unknown to the public sharing so much screentime with Batman. The movie also lacks (in what I read) any 'big name' villain or love interest.

bullshit

nobody who's seen that thing can possibly be literate enough to read 3/4 of it

What is the tenth word on the second paragraph of the 32nd page?

Why only 3/4? Did you give up in disgust?

Malone

There was some studio debate on who the villain should be, and Geoff (and I guess Ben, who is credited as a co-writer) were trying to work that element in. There was a 'main' villain, but there was obviously some pushing and pulling to get a big bad in there that moviegoers would recognize, and so there were a lot of gaps.

Does the movie adequately explain why Batman became such an emo edgelord in BvS?

This all sounds good to me lol

I think you're bullshitting.

"He has too many interactions with his pupil" isn't something that would scare directors.

And the villain was announced already. Deathstroke. He is bigger than fucking Steppenwolf.

Is this the plot?

Batman falls in love with Joker.

Unable to confess, he is gifted by a deus ex machina with the Clown Prince of Crime's phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls him, and is overjoyed to find out that he has a crush on him as well.

But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day's confessions to the absolute madman, he only looks at him with a mad expression. After some investigation, Bruce finds out that the clown he called is not the same clown he fell in love with. In fact, he doesn't exist in this universe at all. He is the alternate universe counterpart of his man crush, who has fallen in love with his AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of his crush.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of SUFFERING.

Eh..sort of? This universe's Batman isn't a very happy guy, and in several flashback sequences he's being an almost All-Star Batman and Robin level dick. So I guess the explanation is that he's pretty well always been like that.

>There is a lot of Batman/Dick interaction - a lot. I'm hardly some high-up on the totem poll, but I'd imagine execs aren't fond of a character who is (relatively) unknown to the public sharing so much screentime with Batman.

>I think you're bullshitting
You think?

Deathstroke is more of a henchman in the script I read. He's got a pretty big presence in the first half or so, but things move on from him after that. It seemed like they were setting him up for something else.

>"He has too many interactions with his pupil" isn't something that would scare directors.
Grayson isn't really his pupil in this movie.

Robin is well-known, but a lot of people either know his Teen Titans version, or make fun of him with the whole "Batman and Robin are gay lol" thing.
Nightwing is not as well known.

You guys seem to misunderstand. I don't mean Batman/Robin interaction. I mean Batman and Dick Grayson. There are quite a few scenes with Batman in a room with a half-dead Dick on a hospital bed.

>Half dead

Why?

The main premise of the movie is that Deathstroke is hired to kill Grayson in order to get revenge on Batman. The big 'twist' is that the Robin costume from BvS is Dick's - Dick was only presumed to be dead by the general public, Bruce was able to get him back on his feet, then sent him away. So Dick has spent several years secretly 'training' around the world like Bruce did.

>half-dead Dick on a hospital bed.
And so it begins.

You want attention that bad huh? Faggot