Saban Entertainment

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saban_Entertainment

What's your opinion on Saban, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bvB3ibgn7Pc
youtube.com/watch?v=QhstyHwFpS0
m.imdb.com/name/nm0536805/filmotype/composer?ref_=m_nmfm_1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

motherfuckers for some reason had a great catalog of music

Also a big factor for the anime boom in the 90s

youtube.com/watch?v=bvB3ibgn7Pc
thanks i've been looking for this cartoon for a while with it's horridly obscure name

He uses the money he made in the 90s selling Power Ranger toys to children to support Israel

He also fired the guy who played Zorna at his own cast birthday party for no other reason than because he could

youtube.com/watch?v=QhstyHwFpS0

The guys a dick

>Zorna
Meant to say *Zordon

Power Rangers.
Thats pretty much it.

Makes sense. Saban used to be a music producer.

>motherfuckers for some reason had a great catalog of music
Saban himself composed for a lot of those shows. Guy is based.

I wish I was an independent artist dumping billions into my children fantasy projects, maybe without being a dick about it.

>music
Christ, look at all the stuff he did. I thought he was just a lazy Jew exec.
m.imdb.com/name/nm0536805/filmotype/composer?ref_=m_nmfm_1

Literal hacks.
But I guess thanks for introducing me to tokusatsu.
Scarves>capes.

Fuck Saban and his belief that all tokusatsu and sentai are his doing.

Seriously, the dude held back a Brazilian Kickstarter game for nearly two years demanding royalties because it was based on a genre he helped adapt for North American audiences. They only got him off their back by slapping his name all over the finished product.

Wasn't there just a thing with the new final fantasy where they were gonna add Sentai costumes, but he bitched about it?

Well, I probably would never have found out about my favorite anime if it weren't for them. Their dub of it is great, too.

>dub
That term was used very loosely for that one.

>and his belief that all tokusatsu and sentai are his doing.
Seriously?
Even Marvel has more credit for that.

Haim Saban is a weird guy, he sold the rights to Disney (who eventually sold it back to him) so you'd think he wouldn't have that big of an attachment to Power Rangers since at one time it wasn't fiscally viable, but he treats PR like his own Mickey Mouse now

I am sad that Disney didn't hold on Power Rangers rights.
They could reunite Sentai and Marvel.

from what I remember Disney wanted to make an animated version of Power Rangers and Toei refused to let them

so after their partnership contract ran up Disney just sold the rights back to Saban at a loss

Before you go all "Eww Sup Forums" about what I'm about to say, just read it.

Saban is LITERALLY the stereotypical Jew Boogeyman that people make jokes about.

He lacks empathy for others and all he cares about is money. He'd backstab anyone if it meant he'd make a profit and threatens lawsuits not because he knows he'll win, but because he knows that he has the money to drag this shit out and bleed his opposition dry so he gets what he wants no matter what.

He's the ultimate example of a Happy Merchant.

Don't let Moviebob fool you. The dub, even though it is a complete rewrite, is very much in the spirit of the original. It was already full of puns, fourth wall breaking, pop culture references, ad-libbing and self-deprecation long before Saban got a hold of it.

As an actual, real Jew...

I completely agree with you.

>Moviebob
Fuck off. I watched the dub during its original broadcast.