How to train your dragon

No HTTYD thread? New season came out yesterday. Heather is still best girl.

movie 3 when

March 2019.

fug

Why are all Dreamworks tv series so horribly written compared to the movies?

>It's a Hiccstrid episode.

Got a torrent or MEGA OP?

fug indeed.

>so you felt that?
HA
Good lord, you are reminding me why i watched the other 2 seasons
I wish they fleshed out toothless a tiny bit more in the series, they did a pretty fantastic job, especially when they presented him in the first movie.
I miss those "i can't speak but i totally understand you and my face is pretty fucking expressive" moments, i feel they downgraded him to just another animal that happens to understand english.
That being said the twins made gigantic step forwards in being actual characters so i guess it's ok

I can't watch this cheep-ass animation. Trollhunters spoiled me.

Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention, but it seems like the finale resolved everything but what this was supposed to be?

That's a shame, I always felt Race to the Edge had the highest quality of them all until the new hotness came in with its 13 episode story arcs.

Why is this show so repetitive?

Literally half of the episodes are "X is kidnapped so the others save X by flying their dragons in circles around the kidnappers' boats a bunch of time" and the other half are "kids encounter dragon they think is dangerous but is actually just hurt or trying to protect something."

It's set in between movies so it can't really impact on the plot unless it's to tie into HTTYD2
That's why the season ends with the destruction of everything original to the show

It looks like a Night Fury.

Yea its a shame. They need to depart from the film timeline to better manage things. Timeskip to post so more can be done.

It does, but that never really seem to be relevant to any of Viggo's mindgame plans.

>Race to the Edge had the highest quality
It's decently high quality, but pales compared to the movie, for obvious reasons, and i think they spend most of their animation budget disproportionately, sometimes there's little things that surprise you, other times you can literally see that scene was animated in a friday afternoon at 17:54.

Not the user you replied to but... they could just make mini plots that get resolved at the end of the season. It's not necessary to be so repetitive.

Well, it does seem like we are due for another change in the name of the show.

Fucking finally

OUR KING IS BACK

He should have stayed dead honestly. Perfect end to his arc to have him sacrifice his life for Heather, now it's ruined. His return was weak, both the moment and episode as a whoke, and his only function all season is to help conveniently write Heather off the show (even though that ep was good) and partake in some generic side-action in the finale.

Objectively I know you are right, but my heart is too happy to see him.

Plus we'd never get to see Shattermaster shattering.

Is mystery man from Drago's army the next big villain??

I kept thinking he was Vigo's dad.

Astrid abuse

So is Dagur getting a new dragon? The ending kinda seems that way.

I like how no one could train their dragon in the end. Also EVERY other episode was "OH NO, the dragons DEFINITELY fucked it all up! Wait...no they didn't? Oh...well never mind."
Also, the episode where they let Snotlout win the Dragon Olympics because his dad's an asshole. Everyone treats Hiccup like shit because he gives Snotlout a LIGHT ribbing of "Ha! I beat you! Take THAT!," enabling his asshole attitude while not actually showing consideration to HIM for his issues.

You're talking about the first two season in Cartoon Network. Have you caught up with the new Netflix stuff?

That moment when Hiccup finally called Dagur "brother".

I threw it out the window when Dragons 2 came out and they STILL hadn't finished training them.

They're like cats. You can train them to a certain degree but you can never control them.

Well, things like an alpha dragon that has the magical power to rob them of their individual will will mess with training like that.

Finally some proper fucking shipping, jesus christ that took a while.