I just saw Gravity Falls for the first time

I just saw Gravity Falls for the first time.
Did they ever explain why Grunkle Stan has memories that clearly aren't his in Dreamscaperers? I only saw the episodes in the marathon, but that felt like a plot hole. Other than that, 10/10 series.

Some people have argued that he lived in his lie/fantasy for so long that he developed fake memories or just memories that he would create whenever he had to lie about his childhood in his 30 something years at the mystery jack pretending to be his brother ford.
That or it's just a plot hole that the writers overlooked.

6/10 series

you can have memories about other people, in the dreamscape memories of yourself look the same as memories of others, they're both portrayed like a holodeck program with the rememberer present

So has Sup Forums just discussed this series to death, or what?

No, we need more threads. Gravity Falls for Sup Forums is what TTG is for CN. Without it, there's no purpose for this board to exist.

The board does feel like an emptier place without them.

I don't get it. I thought Gravity Falls was a beloved show. Why compare it to TTG? I mean I heard something about an obnoxious fanbase and incest shipping, but shitty fans and dumb fetishes don't stop people from discussing, say, Sonic.

Which memories are we talking about?

The ones where he has glasses as a kid/young adult.

Speaking of, that episodes moral where it turns out Stan was being hard on Dipper to toughen him up like his own dad did to him took on a darker meaning after a Tale of Two Stans

Right, the Latino prison scene.

Forgot about that.

I was thinking the same thing. Was he afraid of Dipper being a weakling, or what he afraid of Dipper becoming another Stanford?

Obviously he wore those to try to avoid getting beaten up in prison
>"you wouldn't hit a guy with glasses, right?"
I thought it was pretty clear that the weak little stan in his memory was stanford, with a LITTLE of himself folded in.

i really hope you faggots are joking

I am not.

Honestly they probably just hadn't decided on some things when they wrote and boarded that.

they had already decided on a ton of things though going by some of the clues

Fuck do I miss the old days. Season 2B was a steaming pile of shit.

This. Give or take a point depending on your generosity level.

He means that Sup Forums spams GF threads like CN spams TTG episodes.

Nope, it's just one of the many plot holes they didn't bother to clear up because they just wanted to end the series by the time they revealed Ford. It's honestly amazing just how fast this series turned into a train wreck once the main kystery was solved.

Someone with tons of patience should watch the entire series and write down a list of all the unresolved plot holes.

I suppose it must be a retcon. I wonder what the original idea for Stan's brother was in that case.

>train wreck

let's not exaggerate