How will they explain Loki not being able to do inception magic and mirror dimension bullshit?

How will they explain Loki not being able to do inception magic and mirror dimension bullshit?
While us mere mortals can?

He can do it, he just didn't feel like it.

It's magic. I don't gotta explain shit.

Seems like the MCU missed plan this after all

It's not magic user it's super-advanced science desu

this Loki fancies himself as too much of a mastermind.
they're saving weird trippy hijinks for Kid Loki

/thread

Mirror Dimension Magic is to fight while hiding from the mortal eyes.

Why would loki feel the need to hid himself from human?

this, i dont think op watched dr.strange

if it violates conservation of energy then its magic, no matter how well you understand it, even if you ca prove the theory of conservation of energy is wrong

Why would Loki care about learning mere mortals' magic when he already knows superior Asgardian magic?

Well, Strange will be in Thor: Ragnorak, so we'll see soon.

My guess is Loki only really learned illusions, mental manipulation and some raw magical offensive skills. Mirror dimension seems like Earth magic shit.

Loki and Asgard use powerful science that is basically magic but very divorced from Stark style science. Doc Strange uses fucking magick with a capitol K

Does Stark cast fucking magic then?

Autism

Why doesn't Loki just build a suit of Iron Man armor if he's such a god?

just like the comics

yes. his arc reactor as of IM2 runs off an element that shouldn't exist

>that shouldn't exist
But it's an element. We make new ones ourselves in the real world.

Yes Doctor Strange uses Autism.

According to Arthur C Clarke's third law, yes.
It hardly comparable to magic in Thor movies though since we see literal spells casted and instrumentless miracles.

when he sacrifices himself in Infinity War pt.2 he'll do it wearing The Destroyer as power armor

I'm really happy we got Thor's flying by throwing his hammer and just holding on.

Will it be like the final sacrifice of the Iron Giant?

I'd rather we see Loki get turned into a kid so we can do Journey into Mystery.

he has to sacrifice himself before he can come back as a kid

He already sacrificed himself once though.

he was just faking it then. he has to die for real

It should be mentioned that in Marvel's comic canon Doc Strange's spells are all asks from otherworldly beings like Amagatto or whoever.
That spell of his to bind enemies is an ask from the same demon that gives Juggernaut his powers.
Strange is asking all sorts of magical beings for favors, but Loki is the magical being, his spells are all of his own power, he's doing it all on his own, so of course he's not as tricked out as the guy who's got dozens of different magic sources helping him.

Meanwhile in Marvel's movies, Loki and Thor are just advanced aliens using tech so beyond us that it looks like magic - but it's not.
Dr. Strange is using "actual" magic and mysticism in his movie.
There's no proof that movie Loki actually knows any "actual" magic.

But he had those illusions from going on and I doubt he had any technology in his cell.

It's more that in Asgard, they don't make any distinction between magic and science.

reminder that's not blood on Loki, he just stepped on those fruits he spilled

There might not have been any simple way to remove that relatively harmless ability from him when they incarcerated him.
Remember that they were talking about atomic synchronization and some-such junk in the second Thor movie, the hammer was aware of and bonded to Thor's situation in the first movie, and armor was materializing out of thin air, Odin and Heimidal had augmented vision of distant events, living Destroyer armor was walking out of glowing walls, etc... etc...
Some of the tech was obviously ingrained into the very people like some super-cyborg high-concept dream-tech, and the A.I. of "inanimate" objects was invisible but infallible.
Maybe his illusion-making ability was just too hardwired in to remove.
Or it could have even been a form of mercy, like letting a VIP inmate keep a radio in his cell.

In any case I hope he'll have some fun bantz with Jeff uhh Goldblum.

Your headcanon has no actual bearing on reality.

why would he need to when he has asgardian magic?

Maybe he does the mirror dimension stuff and the audience doesn't see it?

Like that's what happens when he disappears?

/sug/ gives mega links ti their episodes a as soo as the air, ehycan't the star fanbase doo the same for me?

it's a specific brand of magic. why would he know that one?

what do you think the armor asgardians wear is?

why the hell are you asking us?

I'm sorry, what was the point of the ineffectual Loki magic webm?
Was it to prove how Loki's abilities were limited to the confines of his cell and thus no longer any concern?

>By the illusions of Loki!
>By the Thunderous Thighs of Thor!

Because I got multiple tabs open and got confused, sorry

They also could have let him keep it.

His cell was luxuriant compared to the raiders down the hall and he is royalty. They probably figured to let him keep his magic out of respect to his position but made sure he stayed in his cell.

MCU is a joke when it comes to magic

Same reason he doesn't use the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak or the Shields of the Seraphim in the comics.

They can't even explain Wanda without turning her to jean grey

What a mess

maybe all of asgardian magic is just reality manipulation and is powered by the soul gem, just like how the space gem was used to power hydra tech and when you take it away, ragnarok begins.

my guess is that Heimdall or Odin possess the gem and are subconsiously drawing power from it, which in turn gives life to Asgard. kinda like the ultimate universe where Odin and the world tree were the life source of the asgardians.

Clever.

What about box office magic?

Although I admit they don't have any magic on the level of this amazing shit.

maybe it's what Odin got from the well of mysteries after sacrificing his eye, and he keeps it in the empty socket

Actually the only ones we see doing the inception shit were

>Kaecillius powered by Dormamu
>Ancient One powered by Dormamu

we havent seen anyone do that much magic aside from those two, and so far regular humasn has shown only to create those weird circle shields and weapons

Yes and they should exist. They're all predicted by the periodic table. This basic highschool science. Apply yourself.

Asking why an Asgardian doesn't use Earth magic is like asking why the Aztecs didn't use Katanas

I always kind of figured his armour is now running off some super-element derived from the Tesseract/Space Gem, since Howard was, after all, studying it.

I do hope that Ragnarok powers Loki up a fair bit, the illusions can only take him so far before they either become useless because everyone is expecting them or everyone looks stupid for being surprised by them.

Dark World just about managed to keep him relevant by just hugely upping the scale of his best illusion tricks, but there's not much further they can go with that, I think.

This.

The hardest Magic we've seen was either cosmic-being backed or the time-stone.

Apart from that it was just weapons, wormholes, long-distance calls and enchanted stuff.

>Meanwhile in Marvel's movies, Loki and Thor are just advanced aliens using tech so beyond us that it looks like magic - but it's not.

They never actually fully explained if it's magic or not. Just that "science and magic are the same in Asgard"

So Strange is a Warlock then? Not a Sorcerer?

There's no excuse for him not knowing how to draw magic from dormamu
Asgardians are ancient advance beings

Something simple as the mirror dimension

Yes. Ignoring the element shit the other anons talk about. His suit ignores basic physics of what would happen to a person in a suit of his calibur. You really think you can control the direction of where you fly just by pointing your arms and legs in certain angles?

There just comes a point we have accept "Its comics, ain't gotta explain shit". And move on.

Why would he need to know that? Kaecillius and Ancient one used it to prolong their lives, Asgardians have long lives to boot.

and a simple answer to that is everything was predetermined, the Ancient One saw everything and she saw that Loki wouldnt do it, and also that fact that the Sorcerer Supreme MIGHT be stronger than loki

It would be interesting to see what the Asgardians would or could do if somebody just dumped them in the mirror dimension.

Can Heimdall even see into it? We know the Nine Realms are galaxies because they were depicted as such in Thor 2, and there are places beyond the Nine Realms as well as pathways he can't view.

Frigga in Thor II says that she's the one who taught Loki her Magics. And she does so while appearing in an astral form... just a less glowy one. Maybe Asgardian's astral form is better because or their natural affinity for magic? In any case it's when she visits Loki in his cell.

But yes, She uses that word particularly. Magic.

It runs on Deuterium. Which both exists and is a possible candidate for room temperature fusion.

Why is Marvel so against the ideal of magic? Yet they play DnD, MTG, and play and read many other media about magic and don't question it. Let magic be magic.

Remember how the first stinger to show Loki being alive after Thor 1 had him watching Selvig from a mirror?

MIRROR DIMENSION MOTHERFUCKER.

The plot thickens.

>time manipulation
>the dark dimension
>spatial manipulation
>dimensional shifting
>fucking Dormammu

Incubus is a joke.

>Shit Skwad
Thanks for the sequel, Hot Topic.

Kaceilius is literally immortal now. He's also a mindless one but immortal nonetheless. The Ancient Juan was also immortal until Kaecilius decided she wasn't anymore :^).

The reality warping shit was supposed to only work inside the mirror realm, but Kaecilius managed to replicate it in the real world by focusing energies from the Dark Dimension given by Dahmammu himself.

Dormmamu > Odin

Kaecilius and the Ancient One are unironically more powerful than Loki.

>There's no excuse for him not knowing how to draw magic from dormamu
Yes, it is. You need to know the rituals and the spells to do that. Loki doesn't know them and considering the post credits scene from Dr. Strange it seems Asgardians aren't even aware the Masters of the Mystic Arts even exist.

He's adopted.

I'm actually okay with Loki just doing Illusions and all that. It allows magic users to actually be divided up in different fields than everyone doing the same thing. Like, DBZ always annoyed me when everyone pretty much has the same powers. Super strong, flying, shooting energy and all that just made a lot of characters feel redundant. Having magic users be specialized in different styles keeps them unique. It's like how Tony is good at machines and not all science endeavors.

Though granted, the next MCU film could have Loki doing Dr. Strange magic, and my point would be moot.

Because they were worried about how modern audiences would accept it. Hell, there are people online who would argue that the Asgadians being aliens is better than them being gods because "Gods would be on a much higher power level", which should be the fucking point.

In the novelization (I think?) the new element it runs on is vibranium. Whether vibranium is magic in the MCU has yet to be defined.

I thought that part of the novelization was non-canon, as Tony being able to produce viable synthetic vibranium would have far reaching implications on the MCU that they haven't even bothered to bring up. So they backed down from that once they realized they weren't ready to follow through on Tony Stark being on the edge of having the ability to crater Wakanda's economy.