What does Sup Forums think of Tales of Alethrion?

What does Sup Forums think of Tales of Alethrion?

kickstarter.com/projects/1862188728/tales-of-alethrion-season-one

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kkAYze6ae18&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=DUlg8Y_mLfA
alethrion.com/comics/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Guy on the left is about to get fucking destroyed.

I didn't knew it but I try to support independent animation so I'll probably donate.

Glad to hear it. Since it doesn't seem like a lot of people know about it I'll just share some info off the kickstarter.

>Tales of Alethrion is a non dialogue fantasy webseries based around the universe in The Lands of Alethrion. The series follows a short film format of mostly standalone episodes.
>Right now there are two episodes out, two upcoming episodes that have been funded, and 8 more planned episodes that still need funding.
>The first film, "The Reward" is a short film that was created by students of the Danish animation school The Animation Workshop as their bachelor project.
>They have a voting system in place so that the backers get to choose what episode they'll work on next.

>The first film, ''The Reward'', follows Vito and Wilhelm, two young rookie adventurers on a life long journey guided by Alethrion´s treasure map.

youtube.com/watch?v=kkAYze6ae18&feature=youtu.be

>A planned future episode will follow an aged Wilhelm and Vito who have become legendary heroes... yet one major event still awaits these old high-fiving bros - An evil has spread across the lands and many other heroes have failed to stop it.

>The second film, "The First Hero", is set many years before the series takes place and we see how the mysterious map was created by Alethrion, the greatest hero who ever lived, and what awaits to be found at the X on the map.

youtube.com/watch?v=DUlg8Y_mLfA

>The first of the already funded upcoming episodes will be a sequel to this. It deals with the once legendary hero Alethrion confronting his own greed as his former lover Amerath travels the land to become a fair heroine of justice.

>The second already funded episode will be be the continuation of Wilhelm and Vito's tale from the first episode, "The Reward".

When was the last time a cartoon kickstarter succeeded?

Now for some of the as of yet unfunded episodes. There's not set release order for these, as they could possibly change due to the voting system the group has implemented.

>Mik is feminine and brave where Ken is sneaky and curious. They are dreaming of power and have received Alethrion´s map from Vito and Wilhelm... maybe they will discover the dark secret behind the mirror.

>Tatiana is the smart one and Sylvia is the one who takes action. They are travelling the world of Alethrion looking for artifacts. Their worst enemy is when they get jealous towards each other.

>Brühn is a narcissistic hero who loves himself so very much. His royal siblings fight for the greatest treasures but Brühn prefers to take a tan in the delicious sun and date some okay-ish girls. Destiny grants him a daughter and Alethrion´s map.

> The Thugs: Because of a hard and unfair life Mira became a bandit leader with her team of the outcasts, Uruth and Zit. She gave birth to Tira before she was killed by Wilhelm. This episode was made into a comic, but will become animated if voted into the series.

Lastman?

>Tira is the daugther of Brühn and Mira who was killed by Wilhelm. She grows up and becomes the new leader of her mother´s gang - thirsty for revenge. Her sadness has turned into anger and already as a teenager she becomes wanted and feared.

>Jarna is a lizard trained like a soldier to work in the lizard society. Blenn is only half lizard and half human, the sensitive son that Vito secretly got. Blenn and Jarna are forced to leave the safety of home when their lizard village is destroyed.

And that's it for the planned episodes. If you liked the first two episodes or you're interested in the characters, they have short videos providing character introductions/overviews for everyone I've mentioned here on the Kickstarter.

I actually think this has a good chance of being funded, although not anytime soon. But it's obvious the creative team isn't in any kind of rush.

The series is episodic so it's not like the project would be considered a failure if they didn't get every one of the planned episodes funded, technically they've already succeeded and each stretch goal is just another extra episode.

Plus the webisode format of releasing the episodes once they're completed seems to be doing a lot in terms of publicity.

>Vito fucked a lizard

>Implying any good adventurer wouldn't

This is ridiculous.

A thing like this should have been backed by major channels.

I love what they have constructed so far. The storytelling+animation and the world building are right up my alley. I am deeply sadden by the fact that the next two episodes don't explore new characters, but that's what happens when you give your fandom vote in the creative process.

I dislike the character design

>When was the last time a cartoon kickstarter succeeded?
>I actually think this has a good chance of being funded, although not anytime soon.
What the fuck is going on here?

>$161,943 pledged of $80,000 goal
It was funded.

Am I missing something?

Really glad some of you like it. I think it's pretty mind boggling how something of this quality is going under the radar, although the fan base it has seems pretty dedicated.

While I would also like to see some of the new characters, and voted as such, at least we're getting two new episodes with this latest kickstarter.

I think it's safe to say the next one should easily be able to get another two or even three episodes funded although I'm sure that's a ways off. Although it's not completed yet, you can expect a comic starring The Thugs from the first episode sometime before episode 3.

There's a preview available here: alethrion.com/comics/

Sorry to hear that. To be honest I wasn't thrilled with the character design in just the first episode either, but the setting pulled me in and the leap in quality from episode 1(which was a student project) to episode 2(their first funded episode) really impressed me.

>but the setting pulled me in and the leap in quality from episode 1

same happened for me

I should have been more specific, although I think I explained it a little better below that.

By not anytime soon I meant they're not getting the 640K they need for the remaining 8 planned episodes anytime soon, but I think they have a good shot at getting it over the next couple of years through a couple more kickstarters. It took awhile for the series to get noticed but it feels like it's finally picking up steam with this latest kickstarter.

Technically if each kickstarter gets 80K(enough to fund one episode) then it's a success, and any additional funds just mean bonus episodes.

Do you have more Gifs and Webbings?

Sure but it's all just stuff I randomly grabbed online so the overall quality varies.

To be honest I expected more people on Sup Forums to have seen this. When I get some free time I'll make a bunch of high quality webms and the next time they do an update I'll make another thread like this and post them.

For now I'll just post whatever odds and ends I have.

brb in 10 mins. I've got a few higher quality files I can convert to webm.

Anyways I think that's all I've got for now. Once I get the time to make a batch of high quality webms I'll make another thread to see if anyone's interested.

Hopefully some of you liked it. I really feel this series has a lot of potential and isn't getting the attention it deserves.