Hey Sup Forums, I'm looking for some really cool examples of page layout and sequential narrative...

Hey Sup Forums, I'm looking for some really cool examples of page layout and sequential narrative. Care to post some cool shit? I'm thinking of one I've seen posted before where the whole page is one picture of a museum, but it's divided into an equal grid of small panels that show what happened in the same space at different times of day. Someone gets murdered at night, and I think it's being investigated in the day. Can anyone help?

Other urls found in this thread:

50watts.com/The-Monk-and-the-Ghost
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yeah the one you're talking about is from the same issue as your picture, but I don't have it handy. It's Multiversity: Pax Americana though.

Ha, holy shit, thanks. I figured it was Frank Quietly, he's got that signature look.

Well if we're talking about cool comic sequences how about this?

WE3

Promethea

Nice. What I love so much about comics is how much they can break down such fast, sudden events into individually observable moments. It's like when they first invented the camera, and when they filmed a horse running, they could observe the physiognomy of every individual step.

WE3 was what I showed my friend in order to convince him that comic books weren't just gridlocked pictures. He's been ravenous ever since. He really liked John Wick so I've been letting him borrow my O'Neil Questions.

This.
Also the latest WildStorm is really good when it comes to pages layouts.

Frank miller. Use of negative space. He uses the sound effect text as paneling here. From Sin City.

From Pax Americana. Notice how the dialogue corresponds with the actions and changes of each panel.

And here's that one page (well actually, it's a two-page spread).

Matt Kindt does interesting stuff sometimes, Mind MGMT had a bunch of stuff outside the panels that added to the story.

Otomo is pretty great with his manga stuff too but he's a lot more subtle in his paneling. Kinda sad he decided to stick with animation rather than manga.

Chris Ware and Frank Quitely is almost cheating because they are so good with their panel work.

Holy fuck that pic is amazing, never seen that before, what was otomos latest manga?

Notice how Krigstein divides 1 panel into 3 panels. There's an emphasis on the action and how a period of time is captured and decreased. I believe he used that trick due to the page limit he had to work with.

There's another sequence by Ditko in Mysterious Suspense #1 where Vic Sage is trailing a guy. It's presented in a 3:2:3 grid formation. The next page Sage puts on his mask, releases the gas and turns into the Question. There are no grids! The Question leaps off the page!

50watts.com/The-Monk-and-the-Ghost

Not sure but he sometimes does shorts and illustrations.

Apparently it was a short called "Do bad robots go to hell too?" and before that it was DJ Teck's Morning Attack which is in his more surreal sci-fi vein but that was way back in 2012.

Here's a pretty cool page from Bill Sienkewicz's Moon Knight. The reader's eye follows Moon Knight and the sound effects in a clockwise circle around the center panel.

pure comickino

P U R E