Why woukd people want Ben Reilly back in todays spider-man? When he was brought into the 90's...

Why woukd people want Ben Reilly back in todays spider-man? When he was brought into the 90's, people liked hom because he was the classic down on his luck spider man compared to the spider-man who was married and very different from what he was. But now, how is he any diffrent from peter today?

For one thing, isn't Peter Tony Stark right now....last I checked current Pete is nothing like classic Pete

Also, why was he blonde if he was a clone anyway

>how is he any diffrent from peter today?
He's blond

He wouldn't be written by Slott

Nostgalia.

Most comic and wrestling fans are contrarians.

Dyed his hair so people could tell them apart. Ben and Peter claimed they were cousins.

Dyed it to not get confused for Peter.

I'd take Ben and Kaine's mystical misadventures (ft. R. Kelly... I mean Aracelly)

And I'd sacrifice Miles to get them

This is what I would want Ben as - a much more reflexive self-deprecating optimist (in actions) version of himself... and Peter.

I haven't been keeping up with Spider-Shenanigans since the end of Spider-Verse. Wasn't there an implication that Kaine wasn't actually dead? What happened there?

If I remember right (and I dropped Spidey too. Enjoying Gwenpoole and Chinese Superman instead), Kaine's hand burst out of his spider-monster corpse, but he was stuck in dimension 1 anyway

Then everyone forgot about him

He came back and now he is dying slowly.

I'd sacrifice Miles to get a chili dog.

You should send Miles to get a chili-dog
Then shoot him
2 birds, 1 stone...that's bullet-shaped.

See, I liked Ben because he was the single young everyman. BUT he isn't worth much alone because he can't contrast with the grown-up, family-man that Pete had become at that point. Spider-Man was about juggling power and responsibility, and while I preferred Pete as Spidey, I thought he had earned a retirement. Though I really wouldn't have minded having Spider-Man alongside Scarlet-Spider with casual team ups.

Then they killed Ben, Mary-Jane "miscarried", and now they have brought back Ben as some twisted version of himself with "tortured by a thousand deaths" as an excuse. You'd figure Warren would keep the original in stasis as a control so we could keep the Heroic Ben.

>not a biracial, darkskinned transman with several white girlfriends who are all gender queer

Never would happen.

Uuuuuh he died 27 times so he's totally unstable and edgy it's COOL he tried to turn the world into zombies it's COOL

>he died 27 times so he's totally unstable and edgy it's COOL he tried to turn the world into zombies it's COOL
What?

I figure it's always the same user who mentions these silly sloppy shops I do, but I'll be damned if it doesn't make me smile every time I read something like that

The sad thing about the Clone Saga is that it had two completely functional, status quo changing resolutions that would have been great.

Having Peter get his ending while Ben gets to be Spider-Man is nice and dandy, but the dynamic of Peter and Ben as the Parker Brothers, switching off responsibilities as Spider-Man, would have been such a great dynamic for the franchise and allow writers to have a "classic" and "evolving" Peter at the same time.

Shame they fucked it up.

So business as usual for Kaine?

I doubt peter is gonna keep that company after he turned their products into bombs across the world