So, if they care about infinity stones...

So, if they care about infinity stones, why didn't interfere with whole tesseract thing during ww2 or with mind stone during avengers movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xhy7dXWjpAA
m.youtube.com/watch?v=-NSJIs4Qn5Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why did Dormammu keep killing strange when he could have just not killed him
Did the time stone keep time in a specific loop after a certain amount of time or did it only activate after death
Also, why didn't dormammu just banish strange from his dimension?

>why didn't dormammu just banish strange from his dimension?
Probably because of the time loop. Dormammu banishes him and Strange pops back in and asks for a bargain.

It was a good movie.

yeah, like second best comic book movie, after deadpool.

>Did the time stone keep time in a specific loop after a certain amount of time or did it only activate after death

Seems to be the former, it repeats no matter what, because even though he didn't kill Strange after he agreed to the bargain, Strange appeared right when he left the others. Even if Everyone walk the Dormasaur just let him be it would repeat.

>Also, why didn't dormammu just banish strange from his dimension?

Same effect as killing him, he just comes right back.

Top tier visuals but the story was super lacking.

>Did the time stone keep time in a specific loop after a certain amount of time or did it only activate after death
Probably. Strange could kill himself to activate the loop tho. We don't really know under which circumstances the time loop works since Dormammu was a retard and just kept killing him.

>*banishes strange*
>DORMAMMU!

Age of Ultron is much better to nit-pick, especially given that Joss tried to cram in far more material than he had room for and so a lot of important plot details (like Thors vision quest) are barely explained at all. You also have some very lazy hand waving and inconvenient characters that magically disappear and reappear as they are needed for the plot. One big thing is that Ultron, despite being a super AI that has infected the entire internet and was built out of Stark Tech, never tries to control or disable any of the Avengers high tech weaponry. Even if we assume that he had deep routed psychological issues that lead him to wanting to beat them "fairly" he never tries to take control of any of Iron Mans suits or use them against them (for example, he doesn't try to use or stop Tony from using the Hulkbuster armor). Speaking of which, where is the Hulkbuster armour in the final Ultron fight? It might have been developed specifically to restrain Banner but you'd think Tony might want to take advantage of it once he finds out that Ultron has built himself a souped up vibrainium powered beefy body. And lets not forget Quicksilver being shot down by bullets despite being shown multiple times as being able to move faster them. Or how about the stinger where Thanos puts on an empty gauntlet and says "fine, I'll do it myself" despite having no connection to anything that goes on in the film. It would have made sense for them to include something like that in Guardians as the film focuses on how unreliable it is for him to have other people gather the gems for him, but Ultron never had any contact with Thanos and certainly wasn't going to retrieve the mind gem for him.

Solid origin story.

I was expecting more magicky shit and dimensional horrors so I was disappointed with the magical kung-fu, though I can understand why they had to scale down the power levels and narrative, and also have Strange not being the Sorcerer Supreme yet. I'm hoping for Thor and the sequel to deliver better action. Rachel McAdams and the Ancient One were top waifu. Mads was wasted.

>Joss tried to cram
>not marvel made him to put all that shit

Not that user but my main problem with AoU were the so-called "quips". Everybody throwing witty remarks and telling jokes nonstop was annoying as fuck. Ultron was never a menace and his dialog was awful. Also the hamfisted Natasha/Banner romance.

MCU has shitty writers

it sucks its for manchild dads and buddistboos

writing was pretty bad, the humour was extremely weak and cringey. Really relied alot on visuals

It wasn't a magical threat so they didn't need to get involved because reasons

>It wasn't a magical threat so they didn't need to get involved because reasons
Because the Ancient One peeked at the future multiple times and only acted when she deemed it absolutely necessary.

It was alright, one of the better of the marvel origin story movies.

But like everyone said that movie pretty much relied on the absolutely god-tier visuals, without them the movie would be dull as shit.

I'm sure all the corpses will be relieved that the ancient one didn't think they were worth saving

Because they didn't have enough eyes on the inside
>Having only one eyes inside your brain

Mordo pls.

Because they're literally making this horseshit up as they go along. The scepter in the avengers flick wasn't meant to be an infinity stone originally.

Nah, it really wasn't. They managed to somehow make dr. strange feel extremely generic and boring, and depended too much on the inception visuals. Didn't care for the "sling ring" bullshit. The only kind of magic he ever actually did was summoning a sash to kung fu fight with. All of the humor was really really bad.

We can all agree that the best girl is The Cloak of Levitation

is it girl?

I mean, it could be
Right?

>The cloak of levitation will never tightly wrap itself around you and start using it's soft, velvety fabric to help you relieve some of the stresses of being sorcerer supreme

>o, if they care about infinity stones, why didn't interfere with whole tesseract thing during ww2 or with mind stone during avengers movie?

Because they're supposed to defend the Earth from extra-dimensional beings (Dormmamu). They don't give a shit about what happens on earth by earthlings.

Also, they're not all-knowing. They couldn't interfere with the shit concerning the Tesseract and the Mind Stone if they wanted because they just wouldn't know these events involved two Infinity Stones when it was happening.

The inception kungfu magic is just so abhorrent its not funny anymore

This movie is just a waste of time

>Why did Dormammu keep killing strange when he could have just not killed him
Then what? Strange is still there. Time is still looping.
Specific amount of time. I think he even says something like "five minutes", doesn't he?
Because Strange was loading a save from when he first entered the dark dimension. When he reloads that save, he's back in.

Like seriously do people just not do save scumming anymore?

>time
Triggered.
You can't savescum in hardcore games like Dark Souls so of course hardcore players wouldn't even remember it.

So, they don't care about aliens, like Thor and Loki and their tech, like Tesseract?

Or do they even counts as aliens, like blue, pink and green people from other movie? Didn't Elves fuck with portals to other worlds in second Thor?

Yeah but like, Undertale was all over the memes for a while and the finale of that is literally "here's how the save mechanic can be manipulated"

I don't know anything about that.

> Mads was wasted.

As is MCU custom

It's even in the commercials. "We protect the earth from mystical threats". Stuff that's in another realm or across the galaxy like the orb or the aether were aren't their concern.

Similarly, Loki's staff being one of the stones wasn't really clear until Age of Ultron. So before that the only two stones within the vicinity of earth were the tesseract, which was hidden/lost, and the eye, which they had.

What is "Mystical"? Aren't Scarlet Witch or Vision mystical in some way too? Thor is close to "mystical" too, right? So, other stones should be mystical threats too?

>BvS
>amazing visuals
>lackluster story and characters
>universally hated

>Doctor Strange
>alright visuals aping Inception
>god awful story
>universally praised

yep, no shills here

>Aren't Scarlet Witch or Vision mystical in some way too?
Not really, Vision is technological and Scarlet Witch's powers are a result of human experimentation in this universe. If they're actual magic it's yet to be seen and there's still opportunity for her to get training from Strange or something.

Thor is pretty close to mystical. Which is why when Thor shows up in the post credits to Dr Strange, Strange tells him to get the fuck out of the planet; as is his duty.

I think it's a policy that changes based on the Sorcerer Supreme. Now that TAO is dead and Strange is a rising master, he's encouraging a more active role for sorcerers on earth. His reign as SS might have him be more active with the Avengers and their threats.

>amazing visuals
No.
>alright visuals aping Inception
Not really.
>god awful story
It wasn't world-shatteringly good but it was serviceable and the were actual character arcs in it.

garbage

>Strange wants sorcerers to be more active
>Mordo wants them to be less active and is going out trying to limit the use of magic
So will this be the sequel?
Also Strange isn't the Sorcerer Supreme yet.

This

if you want a movie about a person unknowingly tossed into protecting humankind from one of their own, watch man of steel

What are all those talks about superman losing to witch, cause magic? Didn't experiments use loki's staff/ And is it technological for him to go through matter?

Yeah, and tesseract belong to Asgard, as some mystical shit.

>amazing visuals

The Zack Attack's green-screen hasn't improved since 300, the compositing in that final battle was Asylum-tier. And he still hasn't learned that filming every conversation in tight close-ups doesn't somehow make it more dramatic.

Watchmen had way stringer visuals, which makes sense considering he unused the actual panels as his storyboards. BvS looked like fucking garbage outside of a handful of decent wide shots.

And Dr Strange had a generic story, but it at least could tell a basic narrative arc about its main character without tripping over itself with references or symbolism to classic art and literature.

Dormammu things was fresh, without it, people would like it less.

>What are all those talks about superman losing to witch, cause magic?
It's an established fact throughout the years that Superman has no defenses against magic.

Well, yeah. And that means witch is mystical.

Scarlet Witch uses chaos magic, doesn't she?

>>BvS
>>amazing visuals
see it would work better if you had said they were both shit, because that would be the truth. Then point out 1 still gets more praise than the other.

>BvS
>amazing visuals
Someone post the fucking webms, I need a good laugh tonight.

This?

Why was Dormammu aware of the time resets?

has someone combined this with the Negan zoom out webm yet?

Because he exists outside of time.

>FWOOOSH

She's a jean grey in the MCU
They havnet fixed her yet

youtube.com/watch?v=xhy7dXWjpAA

That and the one where Superman gets punched into some rubble and flies out and you can easily tell the actors head is the only thing in the shot that isn't green screen.

Oh, or the one where power armour batman hooks supes to a cable and starts swinging him around so slowly he looks like a kit.

>So, if they care about infinity stones, why didn't interfere with whole tesseract thing during ww2 or with mind stone during avengers movie?

Because the Ancient One saw that everything will work out for everybody, I think you misunderstood her death, her death means that the Sorcerer Supreme must now come to terms with the physical world and must ask for assistance from the avengers when it comes to it.

Everything about the magic on earth were predetermined up to the Ancient One's death, past that is the unknown and the uncertainty, in that the new Sorcerer Supreme (strange) must now reach out to the physical world and coordinate with them

>for everybody

Oh, i see.

Slavs don't have souls anyway.

So, what do you think, would be MCU better if stones related movies had unexplained at the time connections to Dr. Strange and magic friends? Or it would ruin them, like Stan Lee cameos?

Your idea is silly and you should feel silly.

I honestly don't see why. As i see it, those movies had a lot of bullshit on their own.

I wouldn't mind, if Cap won over the hydra with magic power of Asgard because of the help some mysteries forces, who helped him from the shadow.

>Call of Duty: Gotham
When!?

Feige said she is drawing energy from another dimension. So, not the mind stone, then.

Implication is her powers are latent, and the mind stone just unlocked them by giving her mental augmentations (hence tk and to being her first powers). Same with Pietro.

Also, her using Chaos Magic is going to make Mordo go full psycho.

SW = Mind Stone
Pietro = Tesseract

JDIMSA

Not sure about the rest but I know they forced Whedon to include the Thor stuff, they threatened to take away the farm scenes if he didn't.

Vision = Mind Stone

They haven't done it in the movie yet
For now she's jean grey

Even the car throwing thing is a Jean signature move

Is it really that expensive to have this
Magic special effects

m.youtube.com/watch?v=-NSJIs4Qn5Y

Wanda had to learn magic in the comics, she didn't instantly know how to do it.

How many times did Strange Loop? I assume it was many more times than actually shown, and he seems to have started fighting back out of defiance a few times. Would he have refined his magic combat powers? A lot of the rest of the movie was basically fisticuffs on a smash brawl map.

And still hasn't in the MCU
Hopefully they will fix that instead of settling for jean grey

OP is fag

Why are they called Infinity Stones if they are finite in number?

Infinite possibilities

> assblasted DC fan over the fact nobody wanted to see his crappy movie and those that did called it crap

>Batman Lego movie was better than BvS

Yup, it's a marvel thread

As good as the shitty Thor movies.

At least it failed on its own merit unlike SS which needed to ride Batman's/jokers coattails and still managed to flop by not getting 1 billion like investors were promised

Who's bringing up DC movies? Why can't some Marvel movies just be shit without comparisons to DC? Just because SS was shittier doesn't mean Strange gets a free pass.