Non-Costumes

What are some outfits that are iconic in a way that if they were from a comic, they would be considered super hero costumes. Basically iconic looks that aren't from Sup Forums works but seem like they'd fit right in

Indie's hat, jacket and whip.

I would say Darth Vaders entire look, but that's sort of Sup Forums

Fantasy Stories in general always need unique costume designs. Especially for the main or villainous characters. Same as Sci-Fi

Lots of Sup Forums characters follow similar design philosophies as superheroes when it comes to looking "iconic," I find.

Though the Metal Fetishist looked more like he was in costume, Salaryman's was bulkier. They kind of looked like a pair of GWAR villains.

While we're at it, GWAR. Though it would have been one weird ass comic/cartoon.

Depending on your definiton of costume most fighting game characters don't really wear costumes but are pretty recognizable.

I really like how Mario's design started out as something that was a direct result of hardware limitations, that somehow found a unique middle ground between realism and player friendliness.
>Mario's overalls were because players needed to see his hands, which had to be a different colour to his body
>His hat was there because they couldn't draw hair
>The mustache was there to make his mouth identifiable on the model
>He was fat because they could only make square hit boxes
>He uses fireballs because the original plan to have him use a gun took too much time and coding and they used up all their data as it was
>Luigi being his twin was so they could use the same spite and use the colour set for the Koopas to make it different

All of these together seem like taking the cheap easy way out and creating a shit show, but in the end it made the game and world fun in general. Now compare that to today's games where they have all the power in the world, and all the heroes are bland humans with nothing to make them stand out, because art through adversity no longer applies and imagination isn't necessary. Mario would look nothing like he does because they wouldn't need to take short cuts with the design, and he'd be boring and anime looking like modern Nintendo heroes like Shulk and Fire Emblem characters

Nice

Kat and just about every character in Gravity Rush.

How does the color stay up with that chain hanging off of it?
Why the fuck is there even a giant chain there anyway?

I think most of the characters' costumes from Madoka Magica would make for stylish superhero looks.

It's JoJo. Rule of cool is literally all that matters with regards to character design.

GWAR would have fit right in as villains in a Kirby cosmic book

though their dialogue would have needed quite a bit of cleanup

I would read the fuck out of a Elvis superhero book

David Bowie

Just all of David Bowie

I never knew I wanted this until now.

That's cause he lifted his look from Captain Marvel Jr.

In that same vein

I need to watch that movie.

In fact, I need to watch a lot of movies.

God, fuck yeah. Especially Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Chun-Li, and Cammy. M. Bison as well.

This too, along with Link and Samus. I'd post pics if I were on a different laptop.

Those are absolutely costumes. If they were professional fighters, they'd dress similar to MMA fighters or wrestlers. The only ones that dress like real fighters are Zangief, Cammy, and Baraka

His nemesis is the Smooth Criminal.

Pretty much everyone in MGS

What you want is Capitan Marvel Jr.
Elvis was always a big fan of him and copied most of his style from Freddie.

Rick james

Sapeurs are always fun.

If Marvel was smart they'd just rip off Mistral for Spiral's new look.

These are pretty much perfect pics.

>that one guy who has apparently eaten an entire umbrella except for the handle
Jesus.

Does Mr. T count? I mean, they later made superhero comics ABOUT him, but still.

Basically every single G.I. Joe character's clothes.

French Fighters look like they could be an elite henchman

But I think they made a HM comic so whatever

It's very starched.

aye is prety good doe

I'm pretty sure basically any video game character fits this description

>sort of Sup Forums

Then it's also Sup Forums /vr/ /vg/ /lit/ /toy/

It's Sup Forums

His look is kinda Sup Forums because it's based on Doctor Doom.

Hot damn user I was just playing HLM2.
Speaking of vidya Joshua Graham would make for a cool super hero and Brotherhood of Steel Power Armor is more iconic but the NCR desert armor is far more favorite.

He looks really sad in this pic

Kato

I hear Ru Paul's Drag Race is the best. This gif only further heightens the feeling that I'm missing out on some amazing television.

I want an Elvis and Ray Charles kung-fu action packed story.

>and Fire Emblem characters

It wasn't always like that. Fire Emblem went full waifu poison since awakening

>Can't get the armor in game

I don't understand.

There's a part where his jacket gets destroyed and happens to get a similar one in Egypt or something. Some random store in Egypt has his exact school uniform and jacket, I will never get past that

But you can? They're several people who wear it and if you join the NCR you can find a free one in their bunker.

True, that is since they brought on that character designer and her designs flew in the face of the more traditional/grounded fantasy the series was known for(although not for lacking in style) for the sake of more traditional albeit unique anime style fantasy. It was especially bad imo in the most recent game where they straight up introduce the Japanese. Shame too because i really like her design work on No More Heroes and Speed Grapher

The Residents, all of their costumes are fucking delicious

Pretty much all of them when I think about it

Nother Rez costume set

>Why the fuck is there even a giant chain there anyway?

>her

FE has been waifu/husbando/shipping bait since FE4. The only thing Awakening did was introduce a bland custom character to do the banging instead of just simply pairing up whoever you thought looked the cutest together.

Basically anyone from the souls series or bloodborne

Pentagon Jr or any masked luchadore

No there isn't. He and Kakyoin go to a tailor and have them custom make an outfit identical to their last ones.

>If Marvel was smart they'd just rip off Mistral for Spiral's new look.

No REAL extra arms, no point.

>Would you sign this petition?

CERO
M
I
E
R
D
O

Most Star Wars baddies fit that description in my opinion.

Fight me bitch

El Generico! Where are you?

?

Waifu-bait was not the point of Awakening, it's just what people decided to take from it. It was just an evolution of supports, and they actually took the time to bake it into the story. Fates is what waifu-baiting actually looks like.

japanese superheroes are still superheroes.

None of those costumes are iconic. You should have posted the sneaking suit.

Speaking of masked wrestlers, The Hurricane would fit in 100%

Isn't this and Lone Ranger directly responsible for domino masks being a cape thing?

Pontiff Sulyvahn would make a far better villain than a hero though
>tfw we will never get an official comic detailing the Pontiffs rise to power and how he single handedly managed to get the entire world into his grasp.

we gotta defeat dio and save my mother but first i need to find a tailor to make me a new outfit

Mephistopheles (Goethes version)

I've honestly never really cared for Kylo Ren's look.

The original superhero costume

Will a Clockwork Orange do?

>wear this to party, ready to dazzle
>get there and someone else is wearing the same thing and has already dazzled everyone
>stuck wearing the "black" dress with red shoes like an idiot

Pic also related. His look just screams edgy 90's hero.

>Alright guys, me an Aquaman will take the right, you and Knight take the left... WHERE IS KNIGHT?
>He ran off, something about having to retake the holy land
>Oh god, not another international incident, we're still dealing with the last three.

Mistral really was an excellent design.

>White is clearly based off of him
>voices pretty much everyone besides White, including Billy

This always hurts my brain

This gave me so many boners as a kid.

MGR in general has very good character design. Platinum and KojiPro did the concepts of 'cyborgs' way better than DC has done with Cyborg. They should take notes.

Fates is the worst thing that ever happened to the series. A fucking maid class complete with love hearts? Yeah get fucked

>original

Couple of centuries late for that, mate. These guys even had the "show muscles off even when it shouldn't be possible" thing down. Not to mention polishing their armour so they shone like the sun and leaving their bulging biceps on display.

If anything knights are the complete opposite of a superhero costume, with how knights hide their anatomy with form-removing armour while pretty much every superhero shows their anatomy off.

I think the earliest is Zorro, who was something of a proto-superhero the same way The Shadow and Doc Savage were.

Most Samurai outfits are WAY too fucking cluttered to work as a superhero costume. You're forced to go the Silver Samurai route to make it simplistic enough.

So like a nineties pouch costume?

This holy shit

Pontiff not only was an asshole but took our trap and fed him to God, gained pope status and developed his own stand