How long will Parker Industries last?

How long will Parker Industries last?

Other urls found in this thread:

ew.com/books/2017/02/14/chip-zdarsky-peter-parker-spectacular-spider-man/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Until Spider Man Homecoming when Marvel decides to swing back into poor Parker. CEO Parker is shit, give me science teacher any day

I usually dont believe in status quo too much, but this is literal fan fiction shit

Until 2018 when Marvel relaunches

Parker Industries could have worked as a tech startup.

You see this was my initial stance, but with the new solo series starting March, which focuses on Pete's everyday life outside of Parker Industries, that may be the "retcon series" without actually being a retcon, so they dont have to remove Parker Industries, at least not yet

could Dan Slott write a decent fantastic four ongoing? I feel like he could

*starting in May

The problem is Peter works best as the street level, relatable hero with that hint of "Parker Luck". If I wanted another rich asshole, Id read Batman or Iron Man. Not saying Peter should be forced to always be in school, god no, but honestly having him poor works better for the character

Stark enterprises buys it after tony comes back.

As long as the Slott ride lasts.
Its gonna get annexed to Alchemax or some shit by the end.

Peter should have never had genius level intellect. Smart enough to create his own web shooters and web-formula, but that's it.

Until whoever starts writing it leaves the series, these kind of shake ups dont stay for long as most writers will bring back the hero to its original status rather than build something new that someone else introduced.

how long until he finds a suit that fits him, that shit is too tight in ALL the places

How long will Slott keep writing sub-par Spider-Man stories? I can't keep going back to reading the older stuff over and over again to read decent Spidey.

That's why I said tech startup. A risky venture with lots of competition that even if successful won't make him rich.

He need to do a small fixit shoppe that did some larger SCIENCE work in a underground lab maybe in a old Spider Slayer lab that he found.

Make a few patients get the money flowing in discreet to fund the day to day workings of the Lab.

Just enough so that he can run with the rest of the club when he needs to.

Yeah, Parker Luck really can't even work if you're a millionaire. Even if he's still having relationship troubles, he can just jump in a jet and party with some bitches while sipping champagne if shit gets too bad for him. It's hard to sympathize with a hero that can literally just go and cry into his pillow stuffed with dollars instead of the guy struggling to pay rent. I miss shit like him just sharing a hot dog with a kid or something on the streets.

Do people not read comics any more? Peter blew up every phone his company created. It's basically done for now.

>he can just jump in a jet and party with some bitches while sipping champagne if shit gets too bad for him.

Tfw you will never be this alpha

>not reading Slott

Pretty understandable.

Not when everyone realises he did that to literally save the world

please that's the parker luck. They won't pay attention to he fact he saved the world. Just what he did to mess them up.

Get shit on lose his company and he's back to the streets.

True, I only caught up just because I read about this earlier.

3.14 issues

Even if he lost his company wouldnt he still basically be rich just off all the money he has earnt since PI went global?

I think PI is a natural evolution for the character. Parker always have been this genius-level intellect with a heavy background ou applied sciences, there was no reason for him to not earn money with that. His actual superhero origin have him inventing a super adhesive substance AND a delivery method for it, with junk.

Hell, with the kind of connections he have as Peter Parker and Spider-man, there is no reason to not try to have a company.

It should had taken more time to develop, but again, Slott.

Science Teacher limits Parker's potential

not long after he blew up his products and then there was that human testing thing and the fact that peter is not a good CEO and flakes out on most of his meetings and dumps it on that indian woman i forgot and the midget

the problem is that he demonstrated it over time

And Pete blows the money on Aunt May's cancer treatments. Cant keep the old bird down.

he fired the indian woman

Harry Osborn is taking over of Parker Industries, save this comment.

I think they'll bounce back. Just have to start pimping out Gwen clones.

i remember her as kind of a bitch so that's good

FPBP

Eventually everything will become status quo, it doesnt matter how long it takes, it will, just look at MJ and Peter, their relationship got deleted after decades but it got deleted, same will happen here but faster as PP just proved that he isnt Tony Stark

>read 60's classic spider-man where Gwen is pure waifu material

>see this shit with deadpool

this isnt what Stan wanted

Johnny Storm divorces Medusa and takes half of Attilan's wealth, buys back the Baxter Building and re-starts the Fantastic Four with Sharon Ventura, Scott Lang and Nadia Pym. Ben Grimm and Infamous Iron Man occasionally appear.

Their first enemy is Ultron.

dead by 2018.

No. Give that book to Ewing. He would do wonders with that

I thought it was starting in June, with a FCBD issue attached to Secret Empire #0.

>taking the note 7 route
Bold decision, Parker.

That's the joke, he also sees aunt may and uncle ben clones fucking.

This is science done right

What Deadpool comic is that from?

Shut up, scum. Ewing is making Cosmic great again. Street levelers should know their place.

That.....could actually work..Spencer writing it?

>fantastic 4
>not cosmic

What the fuck are you on?

I read it as "give Ewing Spider-Man". I'll commit sudoku.

Why MARVEL just dont bring back THIS Peter Parker?
It was perfect, it attached young audience to the series and you didnt need previous knowledge to the series as it was fucking short (only 200 issues) BUT NO Bendis still goes with his negro and he has the perfect life (fucked Spider-Gwen and got his mummy back) , Ultimate Spider-Man was a good series and it had a fucking videogame, now it has been confirmed that he wasnt dead all this time and Molecule Man preserves the Ultimate universe and there is no Spider-Man so what the fuck are they waiting for?

Bendis turned into a liberal spastic so he wanted to be diverse, at the cost of completely ruining an amazing series, I really fucking hate Bendis now but back then I loved Ultimate Spider-Man, sad to see someone go from amazing to pure piece of shit

Hey people like Tony and Bruce so I'm sure it's possible to write rich people well.

People suing him for damages from their phones blowing up. Someone had to have lost some fingers or something. Add in Aunt May getting cancer and needing money for treatment like another user suggested as well.

Well, considering he just blew up all the webware on the planet to stop Ben...the stocks freefall has already begun.

>Smart enough to create his own webshooters and formula
>Not genius

Do you realise how valuable a sturdy spider silk mechanism would actually be? You could replace steel and metal in so many cases, you could improve medical bandages with the biodegradable stuff, law enforcement would have a decent gun alternative for when machine gunning civilians is a bit too anti-Peelian.

Why do you think the original movie series just made it an ability? To become a superhero, Peter would have to do all the stuff required to put him out of debt forever already.

Until Slott determines that canning it will make Spider-Man fans angrier than keeping it around

Bubble will burst in 10 years.

>Molecule Man preserves the Ultimate universe
Wait, what?

Do tell.

There is a ton of potential behind the idea of CEO Parker, but Slott is the writer so none of that potential is realized.

Fuck, even the idea of Spider-man travelling around the world and swinging the streets of different foreign cities is interesting as fuck. CEO Peter could have been really fucking interesting.

>Until Slott determines that canning it will make people he doesn't care about angrier than keeping it around

samsung's still in business

v1, I think.

My money is on one more issue and that's it.

Too bad, cocksucker.
In 15 years, we'll probably see some story where it was actually Prowler who knocked Mary Jane up during the Clone Saga and they'll rewrite things to where Pete and Mary Jane never had sex just so Peter can stay a pathetic kissless virgin like editorial has always wanted.

>Until Spider Man Homecoming when Marvel decides to swing back into poor Parker.
We're already getting a book about street level Spidey with Marvel's Rebirth

Is it too late for a Goblin to knock up Carlie Cooper with a rape baby? That's all I ask.

>Marvel's Rebirth

Don't you mean "Make Mine Marvel!"

the thing I liked about spider-man was just him saying shit to villans that would agitate them and get a laugh from me
i'm not interested until they go back to a broke ass peter parker who just cracks shitty jokes all the time

You really think Parker isn't going to screw this up?

Peter Parker is a screw-up, always has been.
Great power randomly came to the wrong guy.
That's always been the joke about Spiderman.

probably, hopefully
Seeing him in this situation plummets my interest in the current series

To be frank, the idea of bringing Parker in some new contexts and evolve his character into something more than usual poor unlicky guy is not bad.

For years we have read stories about the poor Spider-man. Anyways, sooner or later, he will have to sacrifice all of his money to stop a super villain, or simply will sell the entire business to Annamaria,...

The problem is the quality of Slott stories. The end of the Clone conspiracy sums up everything that is wrong in his writing.

Still, Superior was not bad, and maybe we should give Spider-man to another writer and let Slott go back to writing his Superior.

Think of it this way:
What's the next story for Marvel to tell?
They've told the story about how Pete wakes up from that lovely SpOck dream and is a millionaire business owner.
What possible story is there to tell next?
And remember: maintaining the status quo is not telling a story, Marvel learned that lesson during the '90s.

It's a good idea but Slott is a bad writer
it should be more of a charity/non-profit but more pro-active than red cross

I was thinking about making a thread to ask how you guys felt about this because I'm unreasonably excited but then there was this thread.

ew.com/books/2017/02/14/chip-zdarsky-peter-parker-spectacular-spider-man/

peter parker
intergalactic
intergalatic peterparker

Until the end of the next story arc.

I'm betting The Osborn Identity ends with some kind of hostile takeover of Parker Industries making it the new OsCorp while putting Peter back in the poor house.

this page is one of the two good things to come from that series.

This. He Samsung'd their proprietary smash hit. Stocks are bound to drop and people may even consider class action lawsuits being pressed for a dangerous product being sold to consumers worldwide.

I feel like they missed and opportunity with the logo of a tech company that's initials are PI

>That's always been the joke about Spiderman.

I think I finally get why so much post-OMD stuff have been weak to me. Remember the panel where the Joker was screaming "if you have to explain the joke, there is no joke?" That's what's been happening all these years. They tried too hard to emphasize Peter is poor and down on his luck and things always go bad for him, in an even more unsubtle way than the Lee era. And that's a feat!

So when something like Parker Industries comes along no one believes that it's permanent no matter how hard Slott and Marvel shillers try to make it sound like. Because OMD had to explain the joke.

Didn't they actually do that?
There was when Peter got the Captain Universe powers, all the crossover events with cosmic baddies, space adventures, The Secret Wars, there has to have been at least one time during his time with The Avengers...

Based in the solicitations, april or july at most.

Peter and MJ getting back together, getting married again, and having a daughter. We see main canon Peter becoming a father and raising little Mayday with MJ, with Kaine and Flash acting as uncles and Aracely and Andi as cousins(?)

Oh YOU...
Just go off to the corner and read your alt-U book.
Adults are talking about their 616 pain here.

>Not liking journalist Parker
>Not liking Parker as a spy undercover as a DP journalist banging foreign bitches like Silver Sable all day long

I WANT SCIENCEREDDITFAGS TO LEAVE! REEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

But Sir! Superman over at DC is raising a son while married to Lois! And it's not Elseworlds. It's main canon!

. . . Just wait and see.
I'm pretty sure that shit won't last past the next 52crisis.

And MJ has moved on with her life, Pete only ever truly loved Gwen, Silk is best girl, and the Devil's in the details of why that's just not happening...

Yeah, that would work.
As the owner, he could close and run to fighting the month's villain, but that would grant him fame of being "a very good tech shop, the guy is awesome, but he's completely unreliable in giving you the right date! He's closed half of the time, the only reason he is still around it's because he's really, REALLY good"

Wrong, Superjohn is here to stay and they're folding Superman's married life back into the main timeline, they're even retconning how the Trinity met

Gwen just got done 'shipping Peter with MJ in the Clone Conspiracy and admitted Peter woukd have eventually chose her. You lose Gwenfags.

And don't rule out MJ and Peter reconciling yet...Marvel just announced a two-pack Marvel Legends figure set with MJ and PI Spider-Man, they're reprinting the marriage saga in the Essentials line, and there's tons of OMD references in other books presenrly.

I'd give any Spider-Man status quo a chance to be good if Slott wasn't still in charge of ASM.

Peter quitting as CEO taking all the blame\public scorn would work.

It did have a longass time to develop. It started with Peter getting a job a Horizon Labs that lasted for years.

And at the time, it felt incredibly natural and great. I loved this moment.

Just kill off Mephistoverse Peter and MJ, damaged goods that they are, and replace them with Peter, his one true love, and their daughter from this reality

It could last a long time if they don't fuck it up so it'll be burned to the ground by summer.

The horizon job was perfect.

In which case you risk turning Peter into Stark lite. That said though, the thing that bugs me about things now is less that he's now a rich CEO, but that it was handed to him by Doc Oct. Would have been a nice contrast to Tony and Bruce if like the other user said, it's a start up, and with his own hands rather than being passed on to it, not unlike Tony and Bruce.

Until the end of the next arc, when Osborn fucks the company. Keep up, slowpoke.

I could get behind this.

Taking over the Baxter Building the middle of Manhatten puts him in the multi-millionaire range alone.

This was the perfect spot for Peter imho. He coulkd get recognized for hi intelect while being the down to earth guy that everybody loves.