February 20th is Hal Jordan's birthday! Say something nice about him

February 20th is Hal Jordan's birthday! Say something nice about him.

Also, Green Lantern thread

He's a cutie

Would you guys erase any of the other Lantern Corps from canon?

No but if I have to it'd be indigo.

I'd nuke the Star Sapphires and completely redo the concept

He's. .....not the worst green lantern

That's true. This guy is.

There's nothing wrong with wanting them a little tender.

He is also best BlackLantern and all around Husbando

My reasoning is just because theres an entire emotional spectrum doesnt mean we need a corp for every single emotion. Larfleeze is fine, and the Red Lanterns work best as space punishers. Indigo can go obviously, and I think it works better for Saint Walker's character to be the only blue lantern.

this is true, Hal is best boy and best girl

Sinestro is better husbando.

Guy and Hal are what makes the Green Lanterns interesting

How is Kyle worse than Simon? And Jess worked waaaay better as Power Ring

Eh, Hal and Ollie are much more interesting together.

True, when will we get Hal Ollie Roadtrip adventures again.

Yeah, but Ollie isn't part of the Green Lantern Corps.

Plus I love the straight man, vs goof-ball dynamic that happens when you pair up Hal and Guy.

I think they need to be reworked somewhat.

Larfleeze doesn't need to change, he's perfect.
Blue Lanterns should be a part of the GL Corps instead of their own thing, basically just their medics.
Red Lanterns need to be fixed because at the moment there's not that much that separates them from Sinestro Corps, they're both basically just evil Lanterns.
Star Sapphires should be tweaked to separate them from the Lanterns, giving them rings and making them literally Violet Lanterns was a mistake.
Indigo Tribe is so uninteresting, something should be done with them or just be rid of them.

Additionally I wish they'd utilize more of the aspects of the Corps that Johns invented and forgot about, the Alpha Lanterns, the Lantern Corpse, etc.

Simon is good because I want to fuck him. And his existence didn't make Alan Scott have to take a dumb new name.

Simon is great but the batman crossover was utter shit cause it just served as more batwank. Simon should keep a gun as backup. How many times have GL powers run out?

>Star Sapphires should be tweaked to separate them from the Lanterns, giving them rings and making them literally Violet Lanterns was a mistake.
their lack of consistency bugs the shit out of me

>and best girl

He's leagues better than every Green Lantern aside from Kyle and Guy, and even then its a toss up.

Jess Is Best

Anyone who says "lol green fist" is a moron who doesn't understand how the ring works.

>we will never see this outfit again

Sinestro Corps are more totalitarian fascists and enforce their heroism that way. Not sure how Sinestro's daughter whose name escapes me plans to paint this as heroic, shit doesn't make sense. it works for Red because they're violent as dick but "Order through fear" is literally textbook villainy

Indigo can stay, I like the concept. Star Sapphires are okay but Carol needs to go and stay go. I am so sick of this Ross and Rachel bullshit. Give her ring to Pieface or something.

come on DC lest be creative

Hal = green
John = blue
Guy = red
Simon = yellow
Jessica = purple
kyle = white

Charge your phone, Jamal.

>reading a comic on your phone

>Muslim has the terror ring
What did he mean by this?

it was too good for this world

>Ah yes when we were in our mid-thirties, those were the times.

Who was the 7211st person on Oa?

>one god

it says it right in the picture my dude

7200 lanterns + 10 guardians + one god

although I guess that's counting Hal as both a lantern and a god?

Jessica is cute!

she's really cute with a ponytail

That doesn't really make sense since there are more that 7200 Lanterns, there are a bunch stationed on Oa like the Honor Guard and Kilowog and the Sciencell Wardens and what have you

>there are a bunch stationed on Oa like the Honor Guard and Kilowog and the Sciencell Wardens
they are part of the 7200

He's got a surprisingly great figure considering he doesn't do much physical.

I mean he never has time to hit the gym, so I guess using green energy really works your core and ass.

But we know that that isn't right since there are two per sector. Like, Kyle, Guy, Hal and John have all been active duty at the same time before: Guy and Kyle on Honor Guard and Hal and John are the 2 from their sector. That's 4 lanterns from one sector but only 2 actually assigned to their sector

he probably does space squats in his down time

>Sinestro's daughter whose name escapes me
You're thinking of Soranik Natu, here blowing the fuck out of some poor schmuck.
And as for the fear aspect, maybe go for a kind of Batman angle? Make baddies scared? Maybe play good cop bad cop with the Greenies?

Picture I was talking about

I wonder when we'll ever see all 6 Earth Lanterns on the same page.

I'm kinda surprised it hasn't happened yet

have we even seen all four regular dudes on the same page since HJGLC started?

there's definitely a crossover between the two books coming up sooner or later, I assume we'll see all 6 then

I wonder when any of them are going to bother to go to another planet in their sector. Does Abin Sur's planet not have crime or something?

>Say something nice about him.

He has a nice butt.
I bet Sinestro can't wait to give him a birthday fuck

This really was the best costume Hal ever had and possibly the best option if they ever decided to do another live action movie. It fixes the domino mask issue

Hal Jordan once punched Batman.
That's pretty cool.

what's wrong with the domino mask?

it is a great costume though, they should try to work a starfield into his regular suit

it doesn't even look like a domino, for one

They don't like lanterns there.

A wizard has been tampering with the numbers

Lightray is the best New God so it's no surprise mixing him with the best GL gets you a good result.

Well not really an issue, but domino masks kind of suck at hiding identities. Its one of those things that works on page but not in live action. Its why Bucky never wore one in CA:TWS. Im not saying we should scrap it entirely, far from it, but it may need a few tweaks. Hence why New God Hal is perhaps the best option

they're also kind of dumb

Maybe all the Lanterns from all the sectors went to Oa seeing as theyre being invaded?

>Its one of those things that works on page but not in live action
yeah that's fair, they don't really look good in live action

I think that's what the issue said

my issue is that there are actually, factually, more than 7200 lanterns

Highball is the Greatest GL there is....Johns run of him is objectively one of the best character arcs and universe expansion of any DC hero.

Subjectively its Halwank and adds his tragic husbando Sinestro and its beautiful.

New 52 took a weird turn with the Emotional Spectrum Well running dry that I wasnt a fan of but the new stuff has been pretty entertaining

Happy Birthday, Hal!

one of my favorite Hal issues

He dated a 13-year-old. He's a pedo.

Hal is a slut.

A SLUT.

Because Simon isn't Poochie tier bullshit designed to appeal to hip teens who derailed and nearly destroyed both a classic character and the book he headed.

>even a Johns self-insert is less cancerous than Kyle

Truly what went wrong?

HEATfag pls

He's apparently stronger than the entities of entire spectrum combined.

obligatory

Johns loves Green Lantern. The suits in charge of making Volume 3 happen did not.

>Because Simon isn't Poochie tier bullshit

Do people even understand what this term means? For YEARS, everyone was calling Kyle out on being literal shit and not measuring up to Hal. At no point during events were people thinking "Man, I wonder where Kyle is to come save us all?"

he's the best kind of slut

Yes

Delete this.

Where the FUCK is my Carol/Hal doll set, Mattel?

>Smart
Not muh

whoops, I totally forgot about the end of Bottled Light

I made these for his birthday last year

and I made these this year!

and I made these this year!

nice