Only characters voiced by Dan Castellaneta actually talk

>Only characters voiced by Dan Castellaneta actually talk
>And even then, only in lines taken directly from episodes
Why even bother having the Simpsons in Lego Dimensions then?

Other urls found in this thread:

lego-dimensions.wikia.com/wiki/Sonic_the_Hedgehog
youtube.com/watch?v=mjanxZiVkvU
lego-dimensions.wikia.com/wiki/Homer_Simpson
lego-dimensions.wikia.com/wiki/E.T.
twitter.com/AnonBabble

dunno, but at least it proved that a standalone Lego Simpsons game would never ever work.

can someone explain why it needs to be lego?
why cant it just be the normal characters looking like how they normally look, and then being in games and movies? what does (sometimes a bastardized version of) the iconic minifigure design add? it obviously subtracts a lot

appeals to lil' kids, the target audience of these games.

>that reference

Oh gosh...

i know right? why does cleverness only show up in the dumbest shit?

what exactly about being-lego appeals to little kids?
if you offered a kid a minifig version of something or a tv/comics/etc-accurate figure, what kid's going to pick the former? especially at 1/8th the size, 1/20th of the features, and half the price.

Al Jean is a hack and will put the Simpsons on anything just to make some shekles

Lego is more of a concept than anything, its own "genre", if you will. Lego games focus on one thing above all else; fun. Since they're based off toys with the same premise, they're about letting you do everything you've ever wanted to do. Lego Dimensions is the logical conclusion of this line of thinking by finally letting you do the one thing you probably did most with the toys as a kid; cross the sets together and live out your wildest fantasies.

lego-dimensions.wikia.com/wiki/Sonic_the_Hedgehog

>“Hey a Ghostbuster! I saw this creepy doll that kinda looks like my friend 'Tails'. Think you could take a look?”

> — Sonic when seeing Peter Venkman

> finally letting you do the one thing you probably did most with the toys as a kid; cross the sets together and live out your wildest fantasies.
yeah okay, i did that with ACTION FIGURES
with LEGOS i was trying to BUILD THINGS. but these lego games have nothing to do with building, they're just making shitty inferior versions of things I like.. which when i was a kid, was called 'the special toy for kids under 3'

Well, yes and no. True, while legos is mostly about building, it also has a single uniform style that makes games like this easier to imagine happening.

>and live out your wildest fantasies.

So... I can make them all fuck?

Traveler's Tales has some really awesome people working on the staff.

If by that you mean the same way you did as a kid by just ramming them into each other repeatedly, then yes.

yeah I guess I see that
i just hope there's never like, a nendoroid movie

What's the reference here?

youtube.com/watch?v=mjanxZiVkvU

>Traveler's Tales
why cant they just make.. games? i fucking love those guys.
simpsons episode from the almost-not-classic-anymore-but-still-classic era. bart is tempted to steal a videogame, mario appears in his imagination to convince him it's okay to steal from wealthy stores. Donkey Kong agrees it's the store's own fault for making you want it.. sonic just tells him to TAKE IT TAKE IT TAKE IT
then lee carvello tries and fails to-
oh. thanks user

>Maybe if I stand next to the games and look sad, people will buy me one!
This is exactly what being on government assistance or any other form of getting shit for free starts to do to your brain. well, my brain anyway
it helps that when I had money I gave it away freely, right?

lego-dimensions.wikia.com/wiki/Homer_Simpson

>“Hey, wait a minute! There's no such thing as a talking dog!”

> — Homer when seeing Scooby-Doo

>“Please! Save me, Superman!”

> — Homer when seeing Superman

hehehehehe. now that's how you make good use of existing audio
i assume the licensing fees were too expensive and it would have cost even more to record new shit

lego-dimensions.wikia.com/wiki/E.T.

>“Got... to... go... fast.”

> — E.T. when riding the Sonic Speedster

and yet somehow they called Silver Sonic, Robot Sonic in the boss fight.

So what's your number one wanted franchise?

I want Scott Pilgrim.

Mega Man

DEEP CUTS

two good reasons for that
A) there's a character called Silver now, for better or worse
B) they've started trying to stick with canon names (one of the few good changes), and the canon name for all of them (aside from Metal Sonic) is Mecha Sonic. Since they put two different Mecha Sonics in those games, they gave one of them a new name to distinguish it, but they weren't about to stoop to using the dumb american translation especially when it sounds confusingly like another canon name

If they're making Robotnik jokes they can call him Silver Sonic

I just want Dimensions on PC so I don't have to buy a bunch of figurines to play this shit. They know people want it too.

I don't get it?

Only Lego holds the rights to use these characters together in one piece of entertainment and only their lego likeness.

you can make your own nfc tags, just like you can with amiibo

>why cant they just make.. games? i fucking love those guys.
Because Lego games make a SHIT LOAD of cash and their formula works. Plus it's kids. They're not the best at realizing when a game barely evolves.

just because you can do it doesn't mean its easy.

it's easy as fuck just download the apk, which is updated within hours of the game updating, and write the tags.

All you need is an android phone and NFC213 tags