LOL

damn jim davis works like **THAT**??

This isn't funny.

Garfield is the laziest strip out there

CALL THE NUMBER

STATE YOUR NAME

Heathcliff is wosre

Jesus Christ when it get THIS bad?

Also is Zits still running? I really liked that one.

comedy gold

>yo garfield
this better be an archive comics from 1993

>not fixing the fry cooks speech to say "it's him"

The set-up takes too long (probably would've been better as a daily strip) but I'm a sucker for this trope.

I wish I was this dedicated in life. I don't have talent, but because of Garfield I have solace in knowing that if I just shit something out for a really long time I'll make millions.

What about now?

The history of Garfield strips really is quite interesting.
One of the things worth noticing is that now, it's John who's most often the asshat. The comic usually goes like this: John does something stupid, Garfield produces a reaction. It's been that way for quite a long time now.
But back when Garfield started, this wasn't the case. John did something stupid every now and then, but overall was more of a cynic and not a dumbass everybody knows him as today. And quite often, Garfield was the one whose over-the-top actions would produce a cynical response from John.
Why did it change and how? I dunno.

Another notable thing is that the comic used to take more chances and do something risky every now and then. The infamous "Alone" comic, the one where John drinks a cup of dog semen (it was posted a couple weeks ago in another Garfield thread I believe), or this one where it's directly implied that Garfield and Odie accidentally injured John (not in a cartoony way).

This is basically a Heathcliff comic stretched out to several panels.

There's also a thing about Garfield's design. It used to change a bit every few years, but at the end, Davis seemed to have found a perfect-looking version of the character and just said his artists to stick with it. For the last 15 years, Garfield has had the same design: kinda triangular gace, more often then not walking on two feet, round belly, thin legs, large feet, sausage tail. It doesn't seem that it's changing any time soon.

>if Whomp made this exact comic it would have been kino to you all
Really makes you think!

Execution is everything.

See:

you fucking fuckers don't even fucking KNOW lazy repetition until you've read The Lockhorns

Much better.

>the one where John drinks a cup of dog semen
I'm sorry, what?

Half of these are actually a little funny, thereby making it the best comic of the three.

This one seems to have been ahead of its time.

bump

Made pic related just for the thread. You're free to use it in future Garfield threads user.

That's because Davis hasn't drawn the strip in 15 years. His artists just sick to the design sheets, so there's no room for experimentation. Compare this to the art of Charles Schulz who, throughout 50 years, was always making design changes because he thought that his old art was "terrible."

84 was the sweet spot

I know he felt the need to anthropomorphize him, but original Snoopy was adorable.

Should be "them" instead. Would point out his dellusions better.