Okay, I know the superman vs goku fight Screwattack released is super old...

Okay, I know the superman vs goku fight Screwattack released is super old, but I just don't like how they portrayed goku as just this fight hungry idiot that only spares his enemies because he "wants them to get stronger so he can fight them again"

They clearly either didn't do that much research or were just kind of biased towards Goku. Now don't get me wrong, I don't think Goku could ever hope of defeating Superman in a no holds barred fight, but to completely misrepresent his character just triggers my autism.

youtube.com/watch?v=ERvrC1r1ako
Here you can clearly see that Goku says that he spared Frieza hoping he would change from his evil ways, not because he wanted to fucking fight him again in the future.
Okay rant over.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TB7bnWx2i_8
youtube.com/watch?v=RHAWC867sAw
youtube.com/watch?v=L4_zFYnnn2Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Theyre superman fanboys, they just need to stop posting videos about it because theyre going to use a superman that doesnt exist to prove their point. Its just like the scout vs tacer video, except with more fanboyism.

People just don't understand Superman is the original overpowered OC. It's not that Goku isn't immensely strong, it's that Superman is unfairly OP and can only be beaten by green rocks.

Goku risked earth to fight beerus.

Im pretty sure unless beerus was stopped by someone, he was going to destroy the earth any way.

He didnt risk earth to fight him, earth was at risk because beerus showed up and didnt get what he wanted.

I wish there were more to goku but sadly that's pretty much it.
I'm not sure how the original dub portrayed him but this is how the west gave goku a layer of humanity. Honestly it's kinda cool how they handled his character.Sadly that's not the original vision for goku so a fight crazy maniac it shall be i guess.

Superman didn't became overpowered until the silver age when they started giving him new powers in every single issue. Golden age Superman only had super strength until the Fleischer cartoon gave him flight and a significant boost in strength.

Goku is a fucking dumbass, he put 12 universes in risk just so he can feed his ego

>things that never happened

It's been stated many, many times in the series that Goku's greatest flaw is his "Saiyan Pride", needing to truly have the greatest challenge presented to him instead of simply stopping a threat in the early stages.

The only people who give a shit about this shit are fags with shit taste in anime and retards who care too much about Superman.

>I just don't like how they portrayed goku as just this fight hungry idiot that only spares his enemies because he "wants them to get stronger so he can fight them again"
It is the canon interpretation. Look at Super: Goku is willing to kill off entire universes for the sake of a good fight.

Goku vs Supes is old news

Beerus vs Superman, who wins?

That's because they got his voice actor from DBZ Abridged and Superman's voice actor is Itsjustsomerandomguy.

>but I just don't like how they portrayed goku as just this fight hungry idiot that only spares his enemies because he "wants them to get stronger so he can fight them again".

That's how Toriyama describes Goku now.

Isn't Toriyama forgetful?

>Here you can clearly see that Goku says that he spared Frieza hoping he would change from his evil ways, not because he wanted to fucking fight him again in the future.

That still makes Goku really stupid.

I don't know too much about Supes, but Goku really isn't a good character, even within the context of his own series.

Its not much different from Supes sparing all his villains thinking that there is atleast some good in them.

that's pretty much retconned into. "If you weren't a bad guy, you would've become a great rival" during RoF

Actually Toriyama said Goku was never mean to be a hero, the guy is fighting warrior with no other desire, they even said that as his core Goku is more saiyan than Vegeta because his endless lust for combat

>but I just don't like how they portrayed goku as just this fight hungry idiot that only spares his enemies because he "wants them to get stronger so he can fight them again"

But this is exactly what Goku is like. Have you been watching Super? He's done it again but this time he disobeyed the God of Destruction from his universe (who could destroy earth with a single attack AND who has the authority to do so with none of the Kaios being allowed to say anything about it) and went to the King of All (basically the God of all the universes, a child like being who can destroy universes at a whim) to remind him of an inter-universe tournament he offhandedly said he'd like to see, despite being warned several times of the consequences, and now it's a tournament bracket thing where the loser gets his entire universe destroyed, and all Goku is saying now is "Well at least I get to fight strong guys"

Heroic justice loving family man Goku was a dub thing.

(I still think Goku should be able to beat Superman easily, though).

>but to completely misrepresent his character just triggers my autism
What character?
What is there to Goku, and why are you offended for his character?
You know how he turned into a kid in GT and it didn't really feel super weird? It kind of highlights how there's nothing to him and he hasn't changed since he was a kid.

The single moment where Majin Vegeta describes his turning back to evil as kind of a midlife-crisis-like event is loads more interesting than anything Goku's character had to offer.

>What is Super

>But this is exactly what Goku is like. Have you been watching Super?
He's been this way since the Saiyan saga, It's like people forget how much of a dick Goku is most of the time

Goku sparing an enemy because he's selfish and wants to fight again?Never!

>Beating someone who can lift infinite mass.

And people said Toriyama saying that Goku was mean to be dick is bullshit

>this shit discussion again

Let's change the subject:

Who makes a better Waifu? R63 Superman or Goku?

Goku's character is based solely on fighting. The reason he's portrayed as a good guy at all isn't because he has any intentions of saving the world, but because he enjoys fighting and getting stronger, and it just so happens that most of his opponents are obligatory evils. He's pure of heart because follows an absolute warrior code, where everyone should be given an equal opportunity to fight on fair ground, rather than making them atone for past sins.

The Frieza fight in particular is the pinnacle definition of his character. He doesn't care that Frieza committed genocide against the Namekians. He doesn't even care that Frieza committed genocide against the Saiyans, his own bloodline. The only time he legitimately loses it is when Frieza unfairly kills Krillin, a regular human so far below his own power level it's like shooting a baby in the face.

All Goku cares about and has ever cared about is fighting, because that's his nature. Whether that's good or bad or anything is irrelevant, because he's overstayed his welcome in terms of manga and anime, but that's all Goku boils down to.

>draw two guys
>give them boobs
Is this what qualifies as r63 nowadays?

Anyone have the screencap from the first episode of multiverse arc were they make parallels between Goku and Raditz?

Like that page mentions, he did that with Piccolo as well and technically did so with Kid Buu much later on.

Nah piccolo was a different case,he didn't want to kill Kami,his main goal unlike the rest of the cast wasn't to stop evil from rising again but to just win the tournament because that's what goku is,this whole "Ally to GUD!1!" Meme needs to die though.

Not doing it that one time with Frieza doesn't mean he didn't do it other times. Just look what he did with Buu.

Ha, no. They love DBZ and Boomstick hates Superman.

I see someone hasn't been following DBS.

Aw, which loser was your husbando?

Superman killed a god's soul with his voice, so...

Superman can do Flash's phasing trick, Goku literally can't touch him.

we need something new for people to concentrate their autism on.
Aang vs Naruto was a thing in the early 2000's until Avatar ended and Naruto received a massive power creep for years

Or you're just a butthurt Weeb who can't accept the fact that America's most iconic character kicked the shit out of your favorite character...

I literally say otherwise in my post you humongous cocksucker

>America's most iconic character
Trump?

>Its not much different from Supes sparing all his villains thinking that there is atleast some good in them.
Which is just as dumb unless it's darkseid.

Siegel and Shuster actually gradually built him up through the golden age. The famous pic of him filming a nuclear explosion while flying was from their original run.

Goku does it because he wants to fight. Superman does it because his morality ranges from really good guy to bodhisattva.

Superman can also imprison his enemies on alien planets/phantom zone/ green lantern bubble floating out in space. Goku was fine letting dangerous planet destroying tyrants go free and get stronger so he can have the selfish thrill of fighting them again.

>The single moment where Majin Vegeta describes his turning back to evil as a kind of midlife-crisis like event is loads more interesting than anything Goku's character had to offer

It's almost a rule in Shonnen that the supporting cast is infinitely more interesting than the main character. Vegeta, Piccolo, Gohan, Krillen, they're all so much better than Goku.

People don't get how fucking awesome that feat was because they don't get the context.

He didn't just lift infinity. He lifted infinity plus. He lifted an internal representation of not only the multiverse but hat contained the multiverse.

He lifted Monitor-Mind. He lifted Nirvana.

And yet it's ignored later on

Not really. It was reflected in macrocosm when he was transformed into Thought-Robot.

Morrison is big on "as below so as above".

He also drank raw bleed, something the Monitors said was impossible, and used it to save Lois.

Then he killed a New God powerful enough that the gravity of his death was destroying the multiverse by singing-and it wasn't with the miracle machine like some say, it wasn't powered up yet. It only turns on and summons Nix Uotan when powers it up later when Mandrakk shows up again.

Final Crisis was a parade of Morrison writing a really powerful Superman.

>I just don't like how they portrayed goku as just this fight hungry idiot that only spares his enemies because he "wants them to get stronger so he can fight them again"
I guess you REALLY hate how Toriyama portrays him, then.

Flash

>Superman killed a god's soul with his voice, so...
Wat

>They love DBZ and Boomstick hates Superman

It really shows how casual they are when they think Goku, master of fight autism, is a more grounded everyman character than Superman, the guy that started an archtype by showing an all-poweful god that valued conformity, meekness, and human interaction.

They thought a guy who makes a habit out of endangering others for the hedonistic thrill of combat is more relateable than a guy who holds a 9-5 job and pines after the hot babe in the office.

>Superman killed Darksied with his voice

DeathBattle would have redeemed themselves if they had Superman kill Goku by singing Head-Cha-La.

That would have set the internet on fire and it would have been AWESOME.

he's currently risking the universe for a world tournament, though I know it's not fair because he didn't know the king of all was going to place high stakes on the fights.

Also they are making Goku a literal retard for some reason. I hope the english dub fixes at least half of this.

He also saved the omniverse by vibrating in Joe Casey's run. Even Mr. Mxypitliz said it was impressive.

The best part of pic related? Grant Morrison said that the song he sang was your favorite song.

I feel like a lot of comics are cool when being described, but the visuals aren't there to actually support the awesomeness of the premise. This is certainly help prove my theory.

Goku in his most powerful state gets KOed by a fucking lazer.

Gee what's that power that comes outa superman's eyes again?

>This thread

Holy Shit. This is the most autistic of the week.

Toriyama always portrayed Goku this way, that's why he was kinda annoyed that the anime made him more of a heroic guy.

>KOed by a fucking lazer.
That was retconned IIRC
Also his strongest form is Super Saiyan Blue with Kaio-ken

That's Goku vs Superman for ya.
It's a vs debate that has surpassed everything else since Lion vs Tiger

So Supes could be singing The Normalfag Song?
youtube.com/watch?v=TB7bnWx2i_8

But that's true. He's a nice enough guy sure but really all he cares about is strength if only to protect his planet.

My complaint is how they LITERALLY HALFED GOKU'S SPEED FOR SSJ1 TO NOT MAKE HIM FASTER THAN SUPERMAN.
Like for fucks sake, by their bullshit scaling Goku is almost 20 times faster than Superman but they decided to half his speed for SSJ1 And make SSJ2 EXACTLY the same as base.
Screwattacks research is always really shit, See the Bayo vs Dante.

dbz fans have grown up their entire lives believing Goku was the strongest and unbeatable so when Screw Attack brings them back to reality and shows them there are people out there stronger then their childhood hero, of course they can't accept it.

Kid, Superman has races with the flash. Goku couldn't dream of doing that shit.

Pre DBS Goku could/would lose to supes.
But they downplayed both super hard.
Goku more so as pointed out.
They also do shit like using Travel speed for combat speed and refuse to use any "power scaling"

My point isn't if he's faster or not, My point is they literally fucked with their own "scale" to make Goku slower than he's supposed to be. According to their "calculations" Goku would be much faster than supes if they didn't fuck with their own fucking scale.

>those comments
>that dislike bar
>That choice of music
youtube.com/watch?v=RHAWC867sAw

Some of these are entirely correct.
Alot aren't though.
Still pretty funny.

At least he acknowledged that
>The list is a bit outdated since Super came out, and some of these admittedly characters shouldn't be here anyway, but for the most part it remains right.
>Despite my bias against Dragon Ball Z, all characters featured here are legitimate in their power. Feel free to add any that I forgot!
>Characters I forgot to add include The Great Evil Beast, Michael, Oblivion, Adam Warlock, The Beyonder, Giorno Giovanna, Enrico Pucci and a whole heap of Saint Seiya and Stephan King characters. Infact there are enough to make at least one other video.
>Characters who shouldn't be here in anycase are Saitama, Lelouch, Light, Gamera and Lilith. My mistake.

Oh yeah definitely.
I think he should also take out Godzilla IMO.
But yeah it feels like a bit of a joke since Kamina is on there.
That said I don't even regognise half the characters.

Beerus literally came looking for a fight in the first place and almost blew up the planet before Golf showed up for the second fight

Holy shit in the dub he spared him because he was compassionate

He should have thrown weak characters at the end just to troll.

>Goku in his most powerful state gets KOed by a fucking lazer.
In the same way Supes was put into a coma by Doomsday. Unless you missed that beating be relieved from Frieza before.

Wtf you talking about? Superman is more relatable than Kakarott

Superman killed people before. Scarcely, because he prefer imprisonthem / let them be (because morals), but it happened. le superman does not kill is a meme.

> Also they are making Goku a literal retard for some reason
It's like Goku was dropped on his head as a baby or something

Eh, Supes is an alien trying to live as a human who's facing trials and tribulations because of it.
Goku is an alien with a simple dream and goal like most people: to be the best at something.

Don't bother. Most people who say he wasn't that retarded only watched the dub of Z.

I actually feel the exact opposite on this page. Superman singing Darkseid to death doesn't sound very cool, but in context it was awesome as fuck.

He's an immigrant trying to balance home and heritage.

The dub tried making him more like Superman.

Goku under Toriyama is NOT a hero. He's pure-spirited, but that is NOT the same.

Not really. 90's Superman was weak as fuck. In his fight with Doomsday he's hurt by an exploding gas station.

The thing is most Superman under most writers would lose to Goku, but the high end Grant Morrison/Joe Casey Supermen would bitchslap Goku because those Supermen's stories aren't about physical challenges.

You have to specify who is writing Superman for the fight. I don't think Grant Morrison Superman CAN lose. Like I think his "greatest story from the germ worlds" thing implies he will always win no matter the odds.

I'm just saying what Deathbattle said. They honestly believed that Goku was more relateable because Goku "has to work" to be powerful.

Did I mention "Boomstick" keeps a Goku plushie?

John Byrne Superman killed. Joe Casey Superman was a self-proclaimed pacifist. Grant Morrison Superman is a saint who in an alternate time line killed himself after killing an out of control Doomsday Lois (his JLA run). Alan Moore Superman was capable of killing as a last resort but gave up being Superman because of it.

Siegel and Shuster Superman killed gangster and soldiers but tried to avoid it if possible. Otto Binder Silver Age Superman had a hard rule against killing.

Yes, there are Supermen that kill. But generally it's not something most of them do, or at least something they take very seriously.

Captain Marvel was an overpowered superhero before Superman was.

DC made Superman more like Captain Marvel in response.

Comic books have bad art, more at 11

It was less that and more they recruited Otto Binder (the guy that wrote a lot of Captain Marvel stories) to write Superman and he cranked up the power levels. You have to remember under him came the Fortress of Solitude, Supergirl, Kandor, Brainiac, lot of Superman lore.

>goku as just this fight hungry idiot that only spares his enemies because he "wants them to get stronger so he can fight them again"
This is correct

Fuck off.
youtube.com/watch?v=L4_zFYnnn2Y

Superman is a Kryptonian who came to Earth and finds a balance between being man and super, human and Kryptonian. In the Silver Age he tended more toward being Kyptonian, in the modern age more human, but he always tried to a son of both worlds.

Compare that to Goku. Goku is a Saiyan who came to Earth and became a good Saiyan. You can tell his thought processes are different than humans. He never really assimilated like Superman. He never really joined the human race.

OP, did you actually read the manga? Or watch something other than the original Filmation dub?

Goku is kind of a dick. Toriyama was actually mad when they made him more heroic in the anime since Goku is supposed to be a wuxia style protagonist and not the typical full on friendship hero.

That's what he always was, you retarded weeb. Goku is a shithead that was always disregarded the lives of his family, friends, and millions of innocents because he was a self-absorbed meathead.

Risking the existence of Earth is nothing now. He's risked the existence of almost every universe because he wanted someone new to fight. Entire universes.

and OP doesn't like how some site "portrayed goku as just this fight hungry idiot".

Go watch Super. The most recent arc he literally puts the entire multiverse at stake for the hopes of a good fight. Even when everyone told him not to and explained why.

if you watch super, that's literally the case though. the entire multiverse is on the brink of annihilation because goku cant put his damn fight boner away.

To be fair, he's been a bigger idiot in Super than he was in DB or Z.

What if Goku had the intellect of Superman?

I wish screw attack would stop with these mismatches already.
For a series called deathbattle they never have the characters try to kill each other hard enough for my tastes.
Like goku for instance has hardly killed anybody and believes in giving second chances to mass murderers for the sake of sport. The exception being really bad people like cell and kid buu.
While superman doesnt always want to kill. He will kill without hesitation.

If this fight wasnt so pandering to one side it'd be over in an instant with goku just using instant transmiition to just break supermans neck at the first chance. Or supeman just breaking gokus arms and legs before vaporizing him. Whats the point of dragging a 5 minute unentertaining fight out when its clear who would actually kill the other almost immediately should the situation occur.

Yes

>Use one often debunked scene form the worst arc of DBZ to describe Goku's powerlevel
>Use literally every conceivable instance of Superman's canon (including alternate universes which cannot intersect) to describe Supe's power

I didn't care before I watched the video, but the fanboyism was just disgustingly apparent. Now I'm genuinely mad forever.

Goku has no weaknesses and can read minds, he could just put some kryptonite in his fingernails or blow up the sun. Only under extremely specific conditions would Supes even stand a chance.

Post a Sup Forums character other than superman who could beat goku

I mean, Goku would win against modern supes, lose against old supes and future supes.

Pretty cut and dry to me.

Uncle grandpa.

Both are to retardedly inconsistent and op to have good fights or be interesting characters.