Elena of Avalor was renewed for a third season (season one hasn't finished airing yet)...

Elena of Avalor was renewed for a third season (season one hasn't finished airing yet). New episodes come back on the 25th.

What do I have to do to get Sup Forums to talk about this show? It's pretty good, first episodes are kind of basic but it's getting better. If you like Disney you'll like this.

>What do I have to do to get Sup Forums to talk about this show?
Waifus, I imagine.

I gave this a try. My sister was sick and I had to find something to distract her from being sick.

Eh this was still kind of boring, to be honest. It's a level above Sofia The First, but still kind of boring, story-wise, unless you're a kid. Interesting characters and design though, just like in Sofia the First.

I watched one episode out of curiosity (the one with the angry rock monster), and damn, Disney has a fucking big budget and it shows. All the technical and artistic aspects are top, though the narrative and plot resources are not complicated and kinda boring if you're older than eight. It's perfect for its target,though,so no objections.

Does she come from a pseudo Mexican country?

Yeah. Key demographic for the show is "0-7 and parents who are on their phones while their kid is distracted by the tv"

In that regard, it goes above and beyond and it shows that the team is pouring a lot of effort and love into the show. It's leagues better than the crappy kid cartoons we got as little kids.

At the same time though, that's the target demographic and it's not meant to appeal to adults without kids.

>What do I have to do to get Sup Forums to talk about this show?

Sorry, we're not too big into minority pandering shows.

Sofia is fine though.

>Sorry, we're not too big into minority pandering shows.

The rock monster ep is the weakest narrative-wise.

There are some legitimately better episodes out. The Day of the Dead episode got to me a little. The show doesn't shy away from acknowledging Elena's parents are dead.

There are plenty. And best boys, too.

>it's not meant to appeal to adults without kids.

You'd be surprised. It's not any different in tone from your typical Disney princess movie, the episodic nature just results in simpler plotlines to keep things contained to 30 minutes. It's very much intended to be a family show.

>Sofia is fine
>Literally every other kid in her school is a minority

Can't believe that guy is 50+

Skincare or not, he looks damn good for a guy who had to serve under a tyrant that murdered his family members and whom he helped install as queen.

Speaking of your spoiler a soundtrack was released a few days ago with some unaired songs. One of them is Esteban's, and he's singing about what he did. I'm glad they're not just dropping it. You can hear the preview on Amazon or itunes.

Wonder what they'll do?
"Just forgive your cousin who overthrew your parents, got them murderes in the process, got the rest of the family trapped for 41 and installed a dictator" may be a bit much, even for a disney princess.

I know they moved to the Disney channel but I suspect they may have bit off more than they can chew.

Songs are the best thing about this show.
Still can't get the 'My Time' one out of my head.

Do litlle girls actually watch this show? That would be refreshing considering modern cartoons are only made for tumblr

>Sorry, we're not too big into minority pandering shows.

But comblr loves steven universe

No idea, but Shuriki was shown emerging from the water after she fell off the bridge, so I get the feeling she's definitely going to come back, possibly revealing Esteban's secret in the process.

They love it. I've seen a lot of parents post their kids with Elena merch/wearing the dress costume on both tumblr and twitter--the creator even quotes some of them on his own twitter.

Any mind control or hypnosis yet?

No.

I like how they're pretty committed to the fact that she's a queen and actually has to.. you know... make decisions about running the country as opposed to just wear a dress and look pretty.

I also like the whole council element; having a cast of sympathetic character occasionally disagree/argue with the protag on a super polite and professional level that's simply about making the best decisions for the country as opposed to feelings (again, the rock monster episode)

Lies, Gabe is best boy

Much yum yum!

user, I said boys. They're all best.

The new ep this Saturday is a Gabe ep, though.

i fucking loved her holloween special dress. she is so fucking cute