So have they ever stated that these guys would have to have been taken from 1996 yet or what...

So have they ever stated that these guys would have to have been taken from 1996 yet or what? Are they still trying to slyly imply it might be a lot longer ago?

Honestly, these guys would probably have to have been taken from 2000. Unless they're saying that Iceman is mid-30s with the rest of them pushing 40 in current times.

Other urls found in this thread:

unxannyrewrites.tumblr.com/archive
unxannyrewrites.tumblr.com/issues
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Color coded uniforms in a team where everyone looks distinct
For what purpose?

They are just going to say the O5 are clones. Its so obvious and easy. At this point who gives a shit. The X-men franchise died when Matt Fraction got his hands on it.

Because their outfits at the time were the same like the FF

Bendis didn't care and he's immune to continuity and editorial so Austen has competition for worst X-writer ever

I hope they kill these fuckers off.fuck them and fuck bendis

I was going to bet everything that they were from an alternate past.

Now I'm betting that they actually won't be mind-wiped or have any of the extreme changes they've gone through reverted when they get sent back. Instead, Marvel will use it as the basis for their next universe/status quo altering event.

>O5 sent back suddenly as they are
>They go trough all the rest of Marvel history altered with in-depth knowledge of everything about to happen
>Maxi-series about them going through and altering everything fucking hardcore
>Cut back to NOW with whatever crazy changes the editors want to make. Some characters never die, others are evil, Iceman encourages other characters to embrace their inner gayness, etc.

its been established they were taken from september 10 2001, user.

Thanks to Secret Wars, they're no longer from the past of the world they're in now - their timeline no longer exists and they don't have to go back.

This can't be real

>O5 are clones

Turns out each time Mr Sinister tried to clone Cyclops, Beast would make a trip to the past and coincidentally abduct him. Resulting in Mr Sinister giving up on the enterprise entirely

I fucking hate the sliding time scale bullshit, because that date IS canon, regardless of what anyone thinks.

I know this is an edit, but WHERE IS THIS FROM

That is the best and last hope to fix the x-men proper with a line wide retro boot. Too bad Marvel lacks the skill to pull it off.

Kek

unxannyrewrites.tumblr.com/archive

marvel time works different, that's the canon reaosn

they're taken literally from middle of November 1964's X-Men #8, immediately after Hank decides to leave the team to become a professional wrestler

It's something Bendis is notorious for doing when referencing the past, he completely drops the sliding time scale

context Beast gets caught using his powers, Mob wants to kill him.

cont.

Now here's the same scene recreated for 2013's All New X-Men #1

cont.

You see, you can reference any event from any year when using the time scale. However, the events in question can only have happened up to 14-15 years ago, regardless of their actual time frame.

they complain about the price of things, bottled water fancy TVs and peoples fashion early throughout ANXM they're literally from the 60's.

wither that makes sense with previously established comic book lore and traditions is irrelevant

That was exactly why I asked the question. I remember O5 Scott complaining about the price of like, a soda or magazine and that's pretty much when I checked out on that idea. Because that would make most of the O5 almost in their 70s by now. It really pissed me off in a very irrational way

>any of this shit
>making sense
If you put any thought into it at all then you're thinking about it more than the writers did.

>I don't understand how marvel bullshit works: the post
Yeah, they are complaining about all that shit from 15 years ago. Seriously, if you can't wrap your head around this simple concept, then maybe you shouldn't read marvel at all.

No, but as of now Black Panther, Blue Marvel, Captain Marvel, America Chavez, an Monica Rambeu have had the sliding timescale explained to them by Galactus.

They don't have to be from the 60's. A can of soda was only like 35 cents at the turn of the century.

If we're doing 15 years ago like says that means they came from 1997 to the far future of 2012.

1997 Entertainment Weekly price: $2.50
2012 Entertainment Weekly price: $4.99

1997 Time Magazine: $2.95
2012 Time Magazine: $5.99

But anybody remember which issue it was where Cyclops got shocked by the price on something? I wanna see the context.

It had to have been one of the first few, I didn't buy it for very long

Found it

Also based on his reaction for a price difference that, coming from the late 90s, could only be a few dollars... it really does seem like he's being written from the 60s

Cyclops is literally writing a letter to a woman in cursive

Wait. Wasn't there some kind of image showing the arrival of Galactus as taking place in the 60's?

>not doing all your writing in cursive

>They don't even have colour coded suits.

No but the suits DO look pretty retro...

Ewing's Ultimate explained how does the time work

>he doesn't tell humies to fly a kite
What hack writing.

There was a kinda funny scene in a recent issue of All-New where Iceman was trying to hit on guys in a club and he just openly admits to all of his gay references are "crazy dated now and according to the internet, SUPER offensive"

So that would hold up with them being from the 90s

Why is a fifteen year old in a gay club anyway?
Is Bryan Singer writing the comics now too?

Great question! The only real answer they give to that is that is "It's Miami"

They do not address if it's a bar and they all have fakes, which would be great because Bobby would be straight up jailbating all night, or if it's an under-21 club for gay youths.

Bars and clubs aren't forbidden from admitting minors in all circumstances. Concerts would be hard to attend otherwise.

>or if it's an under-21 club for gay youths
Those exist?

anything exists if you can make money off of it

Fair point.

my sides

His point being they should all just be in one set of colors.

Who would fix this mess? Which writer is good enough to fix the O5?

There really isn't fixing them, they just 100% don't need to be here. Either wipe all their adventures in present time and send them back, everything goes back to normal. Or don't wipe it, and send them back and use it as a focus point to make some massive change-ups

wow. i don't know when this superman crossover happened, but it looks interesting ...

jet fuel can't melt steel beams. even magneto knows this

Beast was unable to send the O5 back to their time. The reason is later discovered that these are not the O5 from the past but from another universe having been brought to the 616 due to space-time fluctuations as the multiverse collapsed pre-SW. They were unable to go home because their universe had been destroyed.

Solved.

This actually pretty good, Beast grabbed them from a time when Beast was turning his back on humanity and Cyclops was trying to stop him, pretty much the opposite of the present.

Now they have to explain why older Iceman is gay when this wasn't his younger self.

To idiots, maybe.

>A can of soda was only like 35 cents at the turn of the century.
Wot?

I always thought that the O5 were all in their late thirties or early forties. Emma Frost is definitely no younger than 40 years old.

>posts the lame version.

For shame, user. For shame. Here's the real version.

They write in-jokes about it but it's purposely kept unsaid what date they time-travelled from.

Why would you want them to date the whole comic?
Batman doesn't talk about his WW2 adventures.

>Batman doesn't talk about his WW2 adventures.

That's because that Batman died on Earth-2 before it was merged with Earth-1 in Crisis on infinite Earths

unxannyrewrites.tumblr.com/issues

I hate you for being on the other side of the big-two fan wars, but I am super impressed by the display of knowledge.
I concede the point.