Donnie Yen expresses interest in Playing Namor

Donnie Yen expresses interest in Playing Namor

twitter.com/DonnieYenCT/status/832746001374941184?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NgMuIMEnkFE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'd be all for it... if this was 15 or 20 years ago. He's too old now.

Oh fuck, here we go again

I dunno, I wouldn't mind having Namor be a bit older. So long as they keep the dick measuring contest between him and T'challa, I don't really care.

Yes. Please.

MUH PHOENIX is a treasure.

The ending wasn't great, but the ride was still fantastic.

I bet it's for his kid. Donnie Yen turned down Star Wars because he didn't want to live in London for the filming, but then he saw how much his son loved Star Wars so he agreed to do it if Disney/Lucas would give his kid a bunch of free toys

Also he refused to work with a fight coordinator, he would only choreograph his own fights which is why he has just the one big fight

He's 53 though. He's not going to be as physically capable as he is now for much longer. If they want to cast someone they want to milk for longer than a decade, but want a little bit of looking visibly older, then cast someone in their 40s like they did with RDJ.

But if you want Donnie Yen doing the things that Donnie Yen is famous for, don't expect him to be in it for a lot of appearances or in it for a long period of time.

They've gotten three movies out of Anthony Hopkins, I don't see much of a problem.
I doubt they'd make a standalone Namor film, he'd be an antagonist for something before being folded into the main roster for water cameo appearances.

>They've gotten three movies out of Anthony Hopkins, I don't see much of a problem.

Hopkins is famous for acting, not for fighting

youtube.com/watch?v=NgMuIMEnkFE

>They've gotten three movies out of Anthony Hopkins, I don't see much of a problem.

Odin isn't a physically demanding role, so obviously an elderly actor can pull it off for a good while.

Donnie Yen's entire career is based on his physical abilities. For people like that, when age catches up to you, it hits hard. And it won't be long (less than a decade, likely) before it catches up to him. Thus why it's better to hire a younger actor if you intend to have Namor be a physically demanding role that would require someone like Yen.

The big question is, is he going to wear the speedos or not!

if the MCU has taught us anything, age and mobility do not matter anymore

I think a Korean could be a good Namor. They usually have the crazy high cheekbones, but I dunno if that guy is the best they could find.

>I think a Korean could be a good Namor. They usually have the crazy high cheekbones

Not naturally they don't.

Actually, they kinda do. If you're gonna hire Donnie Yen and not have him personally do Donnie Yen shit because he's physically incapable of it and you have CG or stunt doubles in his place, why even bother with Donnie Yen then? You hire Donnie Yen for fight scenes, not for his face or dramatic capability.

Why is Marvel ripping off DC
That's what a casual fan will say about Namor

Too old; butterface
Pass.

>implying casuals care about DC

"Is he Aquamans brother" a casual fan

No. I don't want the MCU getting raided by normie k-pop fans.

>Donnie Yen expresses interest in Playing Namor
The fact that he said it on Twitter meant he had nothing to do with it. The fact is Namor is not yet on the cards. They might be interested but not right now. Maybe ask them after the Infinity War ends.

You all act as if Namor was a kung-fu kind of guy when's he's a flying brick with winged foot. I do agree Yen is too old for the role though.

>You all act as if Namor was a kung-fu kind of guy when's he's a flying brick with winged foot.

My point was less about Namor and more about Yen and that he's not really the best choice in general.

>he's a flying brick with winged foot
Though this only furthers my point.

>known for sick martial arts movies
>wants to play the character that does nothing but swim and bitch at people.

Pretty sure marvels gonna find that a waste of money.

Ideally Immortal Iron Fist would have been made into a movie and he'd be a supporting character or someone Danny fights in the tournament.

Namor has a semi-asian face depending on the artist, so I'd buy it.

Apparently they do, go to a youtube video of Iron Fist and notice all the retards saying Iron Fist is copying Arrow.

He's too old, someone like Daniel Henney or Ian Anthony Dale would be more suitable.

>Donnie Yen expresses interest in more quick hollywood monies

I'm shocked.

>You hire Donnie Yen for fight scenes, not for his face
Donnie's a handsome-ass dude, take that shit back

does marvel/Disney even have live action Namor rights?

Last I heard Universal had them

>does marvel/Disney even have live action Namor rights?

Everything but distribution is back with Marvel.
Distribution is still with Universal as far as I'm aware.

>Distribution is still with Universal as far as I'm aware.

That would be a deal breaker for Marvel/Disney, they arent going to make a Namor movie if they dont have control over distribution. Same reason they will not do a Solo Hulk movie again

Superior aging-asian Namor coming through.

Yep. I'm thinking Namor will show up in a Black Panther sequel.

Do Wakanda vs Atlantis.
Then have Namor recur throughout the universe like Loki.

On one hand, I love Donnie Yen
On the other hand, I am getting tired of MCU

>actor wants money
Whaaaat? No way!

literally just about to post "the guy from Hawaii 5-0" lol. Every time I see that show on TV it has a batman plot line and Namor in every other scene.

What a handsome man. Would bang.