/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

Civil Discourse Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2017.htm

>Out This Week:
Aftermath: Empire's End (February 21)
Rebels 3.15: Through Imperial Eyes (February 25)

>Rebels 3.14: " Trials of the Darksaber
mega.nz/#F!6kczUR6L!03HhW1zTC92RQPHlO3Yi0w

>Rebels Recon: Legacy of Mandalore
youtube.com/watch?v=KPtdpmKvEwE

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/801889710788349952
comicbook.com/starwars/2017/02/18/star-wars-rebels-knights-of-the-old-republic-reference-confirmed/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What was his endgame?

Empire best boys

To be the ultimate Spess Mehreen

Hell yes.

To develop alternative ways of flight.

Best imperial man coming through

Imps up; hoes down.

to eat glowing crayons in space

>mfw there will be Sabine-free Rebels for probably the rest of the season

It's like Christmas and Life Day had a baby and named it Sabinevaccine: the cure for what ails Rebels.

Daily reminder prequels and EU are shit and will always be in the shadow of the OT greatness, no matter how many of you faggots grow up to be adults.

You're not even trying

Just because you do't understand star wars and have shitty tastes, doesn't make my undeniable statement bait.

But bait can be factual

You can't recapture the chair-throwing magic of the last thread user

better than any prequel battle

God damn Poe has a sexy ship

So: Are they gay tho

Not quite the same without the music. "The March of the Resistance" is one of the few memorable tracks from TFA.

They're bros.

the gayest.

I laughed thanks for that

Battle of Coruscant in RotS is better

Both are very good battles

all comes down to taste desu

Turns out Sheev only wanted to find him so he could shut him up

Does Pablo proofread the novels? Because I don't quite see him being too comfortable with the endgame of Binks.

Not sure why he'd have a problem with it. It's not like it contradicts his theory, since Empire's End only shows his fate post-Empire and doesn't say what his life was like during Sheev's reign.

twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/801889710788349952

>SNOKE IS WATCHING YOU MASTURBATE

>It's not like it contradicts his theory

What was his theory?

He liked the idea of Jar Jar being this big Imperial hero with statues and shit, then getting appointed to big important military oversight positions where the military contractors pretty much trick him into approving insane spending.

Oh well, i prefer the sad one from the book than this honestly

I like that a lot, but "insane spending" is relative in the Empire, isn't it? The Death Star must have cost quadrillions, quintillions of credits. What's a few dozen star destroyers compared to that?

They're not incompatible with each other and I don't get why people keep acting as if they are.

Jar Jar cameo in Rebels when

I want to see Thrawn attempt to have a serious conversation with him

When oh When will some lovely user give us Empire's End?

>Thrawn considers Jar Jar himself to be a work of art

I just read Empire's end

AMA

ITT let's design blasters like it's 1977.

Take a gun, preferably one that's obscure and/or hasn't been used in decades, and add/remove shit to it until it looks like it'll shoot lasers. 1,000 years in Photoshop or drawings.

Pic related, based off a SIG MP-48. Not too good, but I wanna see what you guys can come up with.

Meganon said he couldn't because he's broke, but I'm sure someone will have it soon

How many cocks does Wedge take in the ass during the course of the book?

>What is your fascination with Senator Binks, Admiral?
>He's the key to all of this...

Is there a point to Rax?
I mean, I didn't expect him to become Snoke but I also expected he'd be really important- spoilers seem to indicate that he wasn't and it sounds like he died without accomplishing much of anything.

something based off the mondragon would be rad

i don't know how to photoshop :[

You know if they really wanted to takes risks and try something new(RO wasn't risky or new it was still an OT era pandering run of mill action movie)

They'd make a movie about the 100 year Darkness orJe'daii

They absolutely don't want to take risks and you know it.
All we'll have now is OT era spin-offs and episodes VIII and IX

You know what would be fucking risky? A KOTOR movie
Fucking TAKE A RISK Disney
You will NOT be disappointed

Everyone and his dog want it, but Pablito seems to think otherwise for some reasons

Fuck Pablo, he needs to be fired for the way he's treating real fans

Imagine a movie about the Je'daii fighting the Rakata and Force Hounds with Forcesabers. Hell i'd even take a novel or comic series about it.

Mind you they way canon is now i don't think they could fit could they?

I know /swco/ hates it, but i like the idea of a KOTOR live action series

Someone should call ICE on him

I'd be cool, but you know what could be cooler ?
Bringing back based Genndy to do a cartoon Clone Wars-style about Revan and the Mandalorian wars, and no more CGI trash.

Good ol' Filoni, in the other hand, seems to like the idea

comicbook.com/starwars/2017/02/18/star-wars-rebels-knights-of-the-old-republic-reference-confirmed/

>So yes, Star Wars Rebels absolutely did pull part of the Knights of the Old Republic story into canon, officially. That doesn't mean the whole story is, of course, unless a future Star Wars storyteller needs, say, a Jedi who became a terrifying Sith Lord but found redemption in an unconventional way.

You mean the green screen video game cut scene? The one with no sets? Don't get me wrong, it looks beautiful...but it's not near as impressive as a real action set.

Is Filoni part of the group in charge of canon? If not he should be.

He is in charge of everything SW animated related iirc
Makes me wander why he didnt tell to himself to finish the other Clone Wars stories.
Well, i dont think it works that way, but still

Of course CGI aged like yogurt but the staging is better imo, like how the camera pans from the calm of high atmosphere to the Republic ships and then dives into the battle. Also more pilots PoV makes it more interesting than just watching the dogfights from the ground perspective.

>sets
>space battle

Sorry, but 150k signatures on a petition is not enough to justify any sort of Old Republic stuff in a visual medium. 150k is barely enough to justify a book. Plus, Pablo said that petitions are in no way part of any consideration process.

(You)

He only became head of animation recently, and it's not like it means he can suddenly start throwing millions of dollars around to finish TCW.

You're absolutely retarded. No film in the saga has used any sort of practical shit for space battles since TPM. But you're clearly baiting anyways.

He's an unofficial member of the Story Group, they consult with him on a lot of things because of the extensive talks he had with George. And he's now in charge of the animation division.

You mean like in Return of the Jedi with such impressive feats of VFX like TIE Fighters popping out of literally nothing?

I know right ? like they're gonna film it in real space lol

Oh yeah, because practical shit was so much better

That's not what a set is, dude

Don't be this guy

>Sorry, but 150k signatures on a petition is not enough to justify any sort of Old Republic stuff in a visual medium

Honestly, i think a live action series of Star Wars, no matter which era, will be watched anyways. The reason why i think the OR is a nice choice is because that era is a "clean slate", so far in the past that you can do anything you want with it

But i agree, petitions never works

It literally isn't a set m8. Those are models and miniatures.

Don't be the guy that calls everything a set.

the SKS pistol with some scopes and fancy muzzles could look pretty sci-fi

You have no idea what a set is, do you?

>film set (plural film sets)

>The enclosure in which a film scene is shot; includes scenery and props

I don't see how the trench run is not filmed in a set. Please enlight me otherwise.

Because it's a miniature. Miniatures aren't sets.

That most recent sabine episode was really bad. Just straight up sloppy direction and awkward writing.

SAY THAT TO MY FACE AND NOT ONLINE

yes there were some problems caused by 80s technology. but the battle for endor was one one of the greatest special effects set pieces ever made, completely raising the bar for special effects not just in star wars but for every movie to come after it.

it was such an amazing piece that when making the SE, return was the most heavily modified but still they didnt touch the space battle at all

Darksaber was a mistake to begin with

>but still they didnt touch the space battle at all
They actually did, they cleaned up a lot of matte lines and some of the ghost squares that get left over from the bluescreen process.

really? must have missed that one
at least they didnt replace the models with CGI like the alien singer at the start

People on this board don't even know what star wars is.

It's clear that Disney don't care about politics or really Jedi vs Sith even. So Disney is doing what they do best with the Sequel Trilogy.

Giving "fans" what they want - more of the same.

We're not getting that Old Republic Movie. Or that KotOR/II movie, or a movie about the ancient Sith Lords, or about the Je'daii Order and the Rataka.

It's just OT era spinoffs from here until the day Disney finally loses the rights to Star Wars which is never.

Good. That's exactly how it should be.

They could use the story of Tar Vizla

It was breathtaking in '83 but let's not pretend that it looks better than modern CGI, like in Rogue One or even RotS.

The ship movements are stuff and limited, laser bolts and hits look like shit, there are squares around models, more fancy fighters like the B-wing couln't be filmed doing anything else than flying straight, fighters flying close to capital ships look bad because unlike in CGI they can't be filmed together etc etc.

the battle of scarif is probably the only one that can top it, surpassing it both in scale and use of special effects

Explain then.

Do you like eating your own vomit again and again ?
I don't.

>kotor fags come out during the very early mornings

Interesting