Stronger than Superman, weaker than Thor

Stronger than Superman, weaker than Thor.

Other urls found in this thread:

greatkunglao.tumblr.com/post/150401020551/henry-cavills-superman-is-so-dark-and-gloomy
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That would imply Thor is stronger than Superman

>As if a single character in Marvel approaches Superman's level

Thor's level of personal power fluctuates wildly depending on the plot, which is also true of superhero characters in general, but Thor has it particularly bad. He's swung between getting his ass beat by the likes of Absorbing Man, soloing fucking Celestials without being instantly deleted from reality.

I really miss Thor being the Superman of Marvel. But now they keep on making more and more Superman clones with this guy, Sentry, powercreep Carol,

I thought the way it works out is Thor actually has a shitload of various powers through magic that makes him a lot like Silver Age Superman, who pulled a new power out of his ass every month, but he would much rather simply brawl with his enemies.

He technically could defeat most people with a trick or two but he likes fighting the hard way.

Here we have Thor surviving a nuke, this was Thor with the full Odin-force right after Odin died.

Woah I've never seen Cavill Superman smile before.

This. Dial goes up to eleven, OP.

>b-b-but Busiek is a DCfag

Doesn't matter, that is literally the only canon throwdown between the two characters and until something else disproves it, it stands.

Lying retard fuck.
greatkunglao.tumblr.com/post/150401020551/henry-cavills-superman-is-so-dark-and-gloomy

>multiple stills, many from the same scene/smile
>still pitifully small amount
kek

Yeah, but Skyfather powers are legit OP.

Are we doing this?

Just because Clark had the physical strength & Density to knock Thor out doesn't mean he is more powerful then Thor.
Clark has never done anything in terms of raw power or energy output comparable to Thor's god blast.

Is that it? Dude has the Odin-Force and tanking a nuke is a feat for him? I mean I know he's A-B-C'd better durability feats than that.

>Thor
>Superman level
he'd have to be able to beat Shazam first

Yeah, about that...

Well nevermind, Superbro is dead.

>kinetic energy isn't real energy

How dumb r u?

Remember that time Superman and another Superman rushed SBP into space, through kryptonite, and through a red son? Two weaknesses in one trip and slams into a planet. And Superman was still able to take down Prime.

He did beat Shazam

>I mean I know he's A-B-C'd better durability feats than that.
Such as?

Power and strength are two different things

>loeb
>doomsday clones

Yeah, yeah, I know. But this one of those not-holding-back moments.

I mean Thor. Not Clark.

Batman killed one of those clones with a fucking axe it's not that big of a feat. The blast wouldn't have killed regular DD.

>thor survives a nuke using daddy's power boost
>does a super blast that didn't do shit
>this is the best thorfags can do to support their character

Just like an actual Superman and Thor fight, this is pretty one-sided.

yo

>As if a single character in Marvel approaches Superman's level

Sentry is stronger, Galactus would wipe the floor with Superman. Hell, there are probably hundreds of characters stronger then Superman. Superman isn't even the strongest character in DC.

Pffft, I don't know off the top of my head but he's contended with a shit ton of heavy hitters that can do more damage than a nuke in comics.

That God blast did a damn fine job ruining the scenery, but it's not like Supes is lacking in that area.

Come on now, I like mellow vs threads.

WAY TO GO, SON

>vs threads
>mellow
>two groups of people trying to out-smug each other between shrieking is mellow
take your meds.

>This is Marvelfag logic

Yea I would like to think tanking shots from Galactus, Ego, and random Celestials would be bigger than that.

Yea Thor beat Cap in the 90's Marvel vs DC

What's this travesty?

A friend of mine tried to convince me that Wonder Woman was as strong or stringer than Thor. Haa fucking waa

>>does a super blast that didn't do shit
To a being more powerful then skyfathers, the blast destroyed mountains around them.

Here Is Thor killing a skyfather with one hit.

>>thor survives a nuke using daddy's power boost
And he didn't even shrivel up into a mummy like your trunk wearing faggot would have.

Who wrote this? Morrison? Seems like something he'd do as a tribute

Way to go, Son

>Galactus
The guy who regularly jobbed to the Fantastic Four?

>kill something that's all ready dead

Wow. Amazing. Maybe channel some of that the next time Thanos or Ultron curbstomps the Avengers.

Dude got beaten by a whisper. Give it up.

Why do people keep trying to make him a thing. Hickman, Ewing, Slott, Fraction. He's small potatoes on the cosmic scene.

Friendly reminder that Jim Starlin wrote two stories where Galactus and Superman suffered the same blow (two planets colliding), and Galactus was the one who got fucked up more.

So that's at least one writer who thinks Galactus is a lightweight compared to Supes.

Why do people feel they need to defend these movies?

I like them too, but when does trying to convince some casual who has already made up their mind become fun

Was this a hungry Galactus?

>>b-b-but Busiek is a DCfag
Wasn't he coming right off a well-acclaimed Avengers run and working at Marvel?

Why do people feel they need to hate these movies?
I hate them too, but when does trying to convince some casual who has already made up their mind become fun

Sentry is on Superman's league, hell, that's his whole reason to exist. To be a guy in Superman's level. But, Galactus is a whimp. Just big.

Blue Marvel has beaten Sentry, Sentry has beat Thor, Thor has beaten Blue Marvel, etc, etc, etc.

When you have two people who can punch planets into oblivion sometimes circumstance and plot relevancy plays a bigger role than power level.

Sentry is Superman level and possibly beyond, he always loses the first fight with someone then wins the second.

>Sentry is stronger
Superman lifted the DC multiverse. Try again.

someone got mad...

Which version of him?

I lift a Fucking Celestial, son

The PSI of those weights on his palms would far surpass that of a Nuclear strike.

A nuclear explosion, even at point blank isn't that impressive compared to the theoretical pressures given off by punches and lifting such extreme weights upon his hands. That pic isn't just a strength feat, but also an absurd durability feat.

Assuming the area of his hands on is about 15x4cm on each, 120cm^2 total.

Weight of the earth - 5,973,600,000,000,000,000,000,000 kg

kg/cm^2 - 4.978e+22

Hiroshima Nuclear Bomb - 2.46 kg/cm^2

The pressures on his hands from those weights utterly fucking dwarf a nuclear strike.

Not even weak to his weaknesses. Such a Mary Sue.

I think we will never see Blue Marvel, Sentry and She-Hulk in Marvel cinematic

They don't want you to know Kryptonians are the cause of extinction events.

Yeah that was a superbro exclusive power and anyways it's a big gamble to use since it results in him being drained for an extended period and that was even one of the many things that ended up killing him.

Nigger, most reality manipulators could kill Superman.

Are you fucking retarded?
Bor wasn't dead in anyway. He wasn't a zombie he was fully conjured back to life. His powers were threatening to wipe NYC off the map.

He still had Odin-Force in him here.

Thanos has tanked blast from Odin & the Silver Surfer simultaneously, he is more powerful then Skyfathers.

>weaker than Thor.

show your work

>49780000000000000000000kg/cm^2
>2.46 kg/cm^2

So 20235772357723577235772.4 times more powerful than a nuclear bomb.

Thats insane

I've wondered about this shit before, thanks to All-Star Superman.

He is just pushing against a machine that is exerting the equivalent of 200 quintillion tons in that, but he is pushing so hard he busts the machine.

This has always confused me because it seems like motion is required, and not just mass, to make these types of reactions occur. Yet at the same time, we can do shit like create Diamond Anvil Cells and see an obvious reaction by the material trapped inside.

Thor did beat Shazam.

well, I mean he's part of the main DC universe now, so...

What are you wondering about? like the physics of force and motion?

nu52 Supergirl had it too(and before Superbro) but a more controlled version- still tried the hell out of her but didn't drain her dry of powers

Starlin fuck off please.

he has no real free will, forever bound to events that already happened. Owen Reece, the Narrative Man, otherwise, is fully free to do whatever he wants.

Basically what I am confused by is the forces being exerted by the two entities in motion.

For instance, in the page I provided, and in the page with Supes bench pressing the world, he acting against a stupid amount of weight. Wouldn't the very point of contact between these two force some absolutely insane shit to happen in the immediate area?

I can understand for instance, if say, Darkseid punched Superman's fist dead on while Superman was punching at the same time. Obviously I can conceive of the reaction that occurs around them.

What makes less sense however is when two opposite entities basically square up and start to press against one another. Like imagine if Darkseid and Superman pressed one fist against the other, and then started to push gradually up to their full strength.

Would we even see anything other than two weird guys doing something weird?

these pages are poor mainly because the writers dont know much or anything about lifting weights or physics for that matter, they're just trying to sound cool, I think supes or someone in his weight class deadlifting or clean and jerking special gravity weights would look a million times better

Ah ok.

When two forces (in your case, Superman and darkseid pressing against each other) are pressing on each other with equal force, they are Balanced and the "object" remains motionless. Both are exerting a force, but because they are directly opposed by an equal force, the object remains in their state of motion. The forces they are exerting are withstood by eachothers bodies. If the forces are to great, they would break the body and something would break.

Imagine a weight on a table. The Weight "pushes" down on the table thanks to gravity. The tables structure withstands that force and pushes back on the weight - keeping it still. If the weight was replaced by a much large weight, the force would obviously increase too. If it was to much for the table, the table would break and collapse. Thats basically what would happen - both push up to their limits until one of their physical durability cannot withstand the force, and breaks. There isn't any real difference between you sitting on a chair and Superman and Darkseid pressing against each other at full force.

>Wouldn't the very point of contact between these two force some absolutely insane shit to happen in the immediate area?

Yes, which is where Superman's "super durability" kicks in. The sort of pressures I'm talking about above are normally only seen in cosmic events (the IRL stuff involving star death and black holes, not comic stuff). Its why I said its an insane feat, because at that sort of force is genuinely at a level where you have to start including weird laws of impact and such.

but its not canon, because no crossover is canon. open and shut, easy-peasy, etc

Here is a quick drawing.

Sentry was marvel's attempt to get their own superman analogue.

Which is weird because they had like three already. Superman ripoffs are a dime a dozen.

Wowo, a bunch of Superfags on Sup Forums samefagging as Thor fans so they can lowball him. what a surprise.

remember when Thor downed the living Incarnation of the Odinforce?

>implying the two characters have consistent power levels

It's a superhero comic, why do you care about the exact weight they can lift?

They're both 'really strong', that's all that matters on that front.

Remember how Mjolnir can smash planets like pebbles?

Remember when Thor threw a sword straight through a fucking Celestial?

Remember when Thor one-shot Silver Surfer?

Remmeber when Thor knocked down Galactus?

Remember when Thor was hitting Exitar so hard that the shockwaves alone destroyed mountains on the other side of the planet, and the armor cracked under his assault?

Remember when a guy sat down at a typewriter or computer and wrote all this?

It's superhero fiction, user. Relax. Who's stronger really doesn't matter, it's all just written and drawn by some guy at the end of the day. If you want Thor to be stronger than Superman, write about Thor being stronger than Superman.

Remmeber when Thor smacked the Midgard Serpent so hard that the heavens quivered?

Remember when Thor hit Gorr so hard that the shockwaves somehow managed to propagate through interplanetary space and destroy nearby planets?

Remember when Thor and Hercules arm-wrestling provided enough pressure to throw the planet out of orbit, and they could keep it up for centuries?

remember when Thor did all this shit, and Superman caught Mjolinir and starched him anyway?

Alright, thank you.

remember when that was a non-canon crossover?

Remember when, earlier in that same crossover, Thor one-shotted Superman?

Given that Thor has trouble keeping up with Wolverine and mongoose, Wonder Woman could just speedblitz him into oblivion. Or she could just smash his brain and ears with her bracelets like she did with superman.

The power of the celestials fluctuates really hard. So the biggest, baddest of all celestials has problems with Thor and the invisible woman when Arishem and his homies beat an amped Odin wielding the odinsword and the destroyer armor? Come on.