What's some good cartoons with mythic creatures?

What's some good cartoons with mythic creatures?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xaQ7F58pK2g
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Gargoyles

OK I kek'd

My Little Pony

Not gonna argue but this answer is pretty spot on

That cartoon was way more metal than people give it credit for.

It wasn't bad, 80s cartoons in general had a particular charm about them

Well the motherfuckers own D&D

And Ouiji boards, for some reason that always entertained me

/mlp/, here. Gonna level with ya'. G1 wasn't bad.

I like Lickity Split

What are you keking at? Gargoyles is the shit.

first reply
best reply

Fizzy was my first non-human cartoon crush.

Don't you mean O&O?

Mummies Alive?

This was mine

Real talk?
It kinda peeves me that they've yet to follow up on this, and probably never will.
'Specially now that we know Sabretooth isn't playing another centaur.

Also wake the fuck up Lee you're slipping.

I went to my first chinese cartoon convention a few years ago with friends, when S2 hadn't even hit yet. We met a guy who was a genuine fan of the original series and had no idea there was even a new one. He fucking hated the flash aesthetic when we showed him a clip.
He was cosplaying as a 2hu gril. Not relevant, but funny.

I know some like that, my female friend who liked MLP as a kid said the new show was "selling out" when I told her I liked it because of the modern aesthetic and shit...but her opinions pretty much had a full reversal once she started watching it with me

what is it?

80s horse show

My Brown Gargoyle

This

Oh yeah, pic related.

Not gonna lie she's really uh...yeah

I'm still hoping Scorpan shows up. He was hinted at and I'd like to know more about him. Maybe next season.

They'll possibly just fuck him up like they did with Tirek and the Smooze.

>Tirek
>Fucking him up
Nig, if anything they improved him

Tirek was awesome

It was the Smooze that had suffered

G1 Tirek was way more sinister and had a superior voice. What did G4 Tirek even want to do with the magic?

youtube.com/watch?v=xaQ7F58pK2g

Thread will probably 404 soon, assuming a janitor or mod knows who OP character is.

wtf this, big brother fucks up little sisters play time the cartoon?

>What did G4 Tirek even want to do with the magic?
Rule the world....duh? It was clearly established Tirek had a hatred of the fact that ponies ruled and he wanted to change that

No it just said he wanted the magic and he got stopped somehow and imprisoned before he could attack.

Oh so the fact that he clearly despised ponies gave you no inclination about his motivation?

You're stupid if you literally need everything spelled out for you. UH OH GUESS I'M A HASDRONE

i loved this movie
and still absolutely disgusted by mlp.

Geez I forgot how hardcore some 80 s cartoons were

Ulysses 31

>and still absolutely disgusted by mlp.
Why?

fpbp

I disagree, I thought Tirek was not as cool as he originally was.

Where was his army?
Where was the rainbow of darkness?
Why didn't he get to turn any ponies into dragons?
Where was his chariot for the dragons to pull?
What happened to the backstory where he corrupted Scorpan and made him his slave?

The smooze certainly had it worse though. He doesn't even resemble the many-face abomination from the original.

Yeah well, but they also didn't have Chrysalis or Discord back then so I think it was an even trade

>but they also didn't have Chrysalis or Discord back then

Wow, 80's cartoon just keeps sounding better and better.

>G1 Tirek was way more sinister and had a superior voice. What did G4 Tirek even want to do with the magic?
You can't have "bring eternal darkness" goal since it would be redundants and him getting more powerful by absorbing magic was fresh idea. He also had good moments when he exploited that reformed villain to use him to his goals.

>wtf this, big brother fucks up little sisters play time the cartoon?
Those were good times, I used to some times take sister toys or use sister room where it peacefull land invaded by evil land (my toys). Robots, dinosaurs and army oppressing plushes and dolls.

Smooze was completely different in this show but I liked it anyway.

Came here to post this.

Damn, no Lee in this thread?

Or Starlight Glimmer

>implying that's bad

Glimmer is a good character misunderstood by the mouth-breathing masses.

I meant that in a positive light for her. She was imo a good villain until Josh Hackber ruined her upon revealing her weak past and having her redeem herself. Such a waste of potential of a villain.

Counterpoints
>Where was his army?
He was a disgraced prince, his either wouldn't follow him or he feels he doesn't need one
>Where was the rainbow of darkness?
What is the rainbow of darkness in the first place? Why did G1 Tirek have it? Is it the evil counterpart to the Rainbow of Light? Maybe. They never explained in the original
>Why didn't he get to turn any ponies into dragons
How could he do that in the original? Why did he do that in the original? Why not use actual dragons, why did he hate the ponies specifically?
>Where was his chariot for the dragons to pull?Again, didn't need one this time around
>What happened to the backstory where he corrupted Scorpan and made him his slave?
They explained this, they were originally brothers and princes who wanted to conquer and destroy Equestria. Scorpan however saw it's beauty and warned them before Tirek could cause any damage.
It makes more sense then the G1 versions. Who was Tirek, how and why is Scorpan under his service? Why is Spike there and why was Scorpan so protective of him?

>Shitting on the best villains of the franchise
Oi you people

Ill admit Glimmer was an interesting villian

>mfw Scorpan's reveal at the end

Way to ruin a character.

Nah, see, Nightmare Moon was G4's reboot or Tirac, who was also an amalgamation of Scorpan too ("Prince(ss) corrupted by evil magic"+ "evil villain with dark magic who wants a night that never ends")

G4's Tirek was the vastly superior version of Arabus, a more obscure G1 villain who was basically a blowhard capitalist who stole ponies' shadows for an unsustainable source of power. I think they only reused the name and 'centaur' thing for Tirac's brand recognition, and also because it'd be a waste not to have at least /one/ villain be a satanic looking centaur from hell.

This is a bumpo

Your last three points can be answered with this:

They should've just built on what they already had instead of scrapping everything and making up bullshit to the point where I have to ask, "Why didn't they just make a new character?"

He looks like an evil lawyer

no its a Lee free thread

>being this much of an apologetic hasdrone.
How disgusting.

Shim Sham was here.
Glim Glam's a loser.

>Over a day and that one douche hasn't shown up
Well I'll be a son of a gun.

>obscure
>from the episode that had a Micheal Jackson parody

I 'member getting into a lengthy argument with someone online when when a new episode description advertised the Tantibus and I was convinced it was an Arabus reimagining ala Tirek. Guess the other guy had the last laugh.
Fun fact I discovered in the process; he caused a kerfuffle after the episode aired because it came to light that the word arabus was a racial slur.

I like Glimmer, but I found her much more interesting pre redemption

Let's face it, as much as some fans like to pretend EQG doesn't exist, it still did that whole concept a bit better with Sunset Shimmer

>came to light that the word arabus was a racial slur.
Just looked it up, holy fucking top kek

"Oh no, I don't have any points and I'm not mentally or emotionally strong enough to support my opinions! Better bitch and moan and keep myself blind!"
- You, Feb. 22nd 2017

>when a new episode description advertised the Tantibus and I was convinced it was an Arabus reimagining ala Tirek
Huh, that might've actually been more interesting than "muh guilt".
>arabus was a racial slur
Holy kek. Is that legit?

>Racial slur

whaa

>I like Glimmer, but I found her much more interesting pre redemption

She was but that's because she was an interesting villain who got turned into old Twilight.

Is this why we have Glimmer fags cause she's pre wing Twi

Season 5 started so strong but completely dropped the ball.

>Holy shit, this character isn't some supernatural beast or evil entity, they're just normal and really good at manipulating and controlling others!
>Season Premiere is legitimately tense
>SHE GETS AWAY AT THE END TO WREAK HAVOC THROUGHOUT THE SEASON

>Season Finale
>Hasn't shown up since the premiere
>her backstory isn't even interesting or sympathetic
>"Waaah this guy I knew as a kid moved away and I was too much of an autist to try and make new friends"

At least the alternate timelines were cool. Nightmare Victory best timeline.

Oh fuck now you know who will definitely come visit here. Oh well now that we're at it anyway...

Well they did made her hide in the background a few times before the finale. I remember the first time we discovered her hidden appearance and everyone freaking out.

Good times, but unfortunately they did drop the ball later on yeah

I don't know, but Sunset is way hotter than Starlight IMO I want to see her as a pony again but I never will

Starlight's characterization goes Season 5 premiere > Season 6 > Season 5 finale.

That rushed as fuck redemption and shitty excuse fill me with disgust.

Fantastic Film

According to Google, it's polish for Sandnigger.

How's this thread still alive?