I'm almost finished with the 1st season. Are they supposed to be dating? It's kind of unclear

I'm almost finished with the 1st season. Are they supposed to be dating? It's kind of unclear

It's just that cute romance thing that kids do where they may as well be dating but it's not going to be super established.

Also just keep watching Season 1 is the absolute worst, you only need to see like four or five eps of it to get the rest of the series.

wait, do people not like season 1 or something? it's been really fun.

>you only need to see like four or five eps of it to get the rest of the series.
What the actual fuck are you talking about?

They're romantically involved and both like each other, but they're a bit too young to be dating. Not much would really change if they were.

Season one was really randumb shit that almost never contributed to the main storyline or even development.

There was a few episodes sprinkled in that you'd need to see to get the full experience of the main story but a lot of it was just nonsense.

It wasn't until the later episodes where they decided to focus on story telling that it took off.

The next seasons are infinitely superior.

It won't be unclear forever.

post-S1 fags were a mistake

I mean, they hit some good strides, but stupid episodes comprise a lot of the later seasons too. Especially since they can't seem to work out a sweet spot between slice-of-life and intergalactic action drama.

>cant seem to work out a sweet spot between moe and real talk
ya got me there

No seriously, I like the "filler" episodes because they're feel good without putting too much on you.

have fun with your CHEESEBURGER BACKPACK CHEESEBURGER BACKPACKCHEESEBURGER BACKPACK CHEESEBURGER BACKPACKCHEESEBURGER BACKPACK CHEESEBURGER BACKPACKCHEESEBURGER BACKPACK CHEESEBURGER BACKPACKCHEESEBURGER BACKPACK CHEESEBURGER BACKPACK
CHEESEBURGER BACKPACK CHEESEBURGER BACKPACK CHEESEBURGER BACKPACK CHEESEBURGER BACKPACK

you are objectively wrong tho. Season 1B was funnier, more interesting, and more ambitious then anything in season 2 or 4, even when it was doing fun stuff like the watermelon episode or heavy shit like Rose's Scabbard.

S1b>S3>S2>S1a>S4

You sound like my ex. If it's not super-important or lore-heavy, it ain't worth anything. No fun allowed.

>MUH ROSE
>MUH ROSE
>MUH ROSE
>MUH ROSE
>MUH ROSE

S1 IS BEST 1

not really, but it's pretty obvious that they "like-like" each other and are probably at least somewhat aware the feelings are mutual, heck the only reason they haven't kissed yet is because Magic stuff keeps getting in the way

>cat fingers ep
okay dude

cat fingers is literally one of the best in the fucking show. what is ur point lmao

k

Most of S1 is not funny enough to make up for the lack of emotion and lore.

>S1 is lots of stand alone episodes with whole gem lore thing in the background
>autists ruin it with DEEPEST LORE
>any episode that isn't """plot"""" development is met with loud autistic screeching
Do kids even like or watch this show? The only fans seem to be loser adults who can't invest time into it unless it has some sort of overarching plot or background lore for them to obsess over

Kids only watch Youtube.

They are friends with intentions.

>Do kids even like or watch this show?

Kids only watch Youtube, Netflix and Teen Titans Go.

They're friends with benefit (the benefit is Fusion)

Hey, you best not be dissing cat fingers

They kind of fell head first into dating without realizing it. It's cute.

season one was the only good season, season two was okay, the rest is shit

No, just friends because Steven is most definitely a midget faggot and Connie is a shitty dyke.

>into dating
>haven't even kissed

Say what you will, but the show never reached a higher point than Jailbreak.

They're Young teenagers and friends cut them a break.

Jailbreakfags are cancer tbqh

Name an episode that matched it in delivered satisfaction.

Steven is a complete nu-male. He has no idea how to be a boy let alone a boyfriend.

Mirror Gem/Ocean Gem

And the Return is the better of the two-parter

Connie is emotionally repressed and socially isolated.
Steven is the only boy her age to pay attention to her. She's prison gay for him. Steven is too kind to flat reject her.

The closest they've gone is an indirect kiss and holding hands.

Connie slept in his bed while he was gone, which was also pretty lewd.

Then there's fusion, but that's not necessarily romantic (it is intimate though). In their case they were just having fun together when it happened the first time.

They're not dating yet, but are already so close that as soon as they reach the right ages they'll just transition into it without really noticing

Objectively correct.

Some fans are so concentrared on the lore and homeworld gems plot that they have an hard time accepting the other half of the show, which is just magical slice of life and monster of the week stuff in S1.

The fact that episodes are 11 minutes long and the costant hiatuses certainly doesn't help, fans have come to expect every new episode to be THE episode, and then start to resent the show or the crew if that doesn't come true

Like, last week we got a great an emotional episode exploring Steven's feelings on the fact he has no mother and some thought it was the worst shit ever just because they were all getting excited about a fan theory of how things were gonna go

I know the show has flaws, but people bitch too much, they don't know what they want

Just watch everything in order and don't believe anyone when they suggest to skip anything

it's like Bobby and Connie from King of the Hillas in stolen from where they are less dating and just more close friends who will likely date when older.

>love interest =/= dating
maybe in the future

>The fact that episodes are 11 minutes long and the costant hiatuses certainly doesn't help, fans have come to expect every new episode to be THE episode, and then start to resent the show or the crew if that doesn't come true

I don't resent the crew, or the writers, I mean of course it's not perfect writing all the time and I'm one of those guys who thinks the balance between slice of life and overarcing plot isn't really there but it's because of the motherfucking retarded ass nigger hiatuses whose fucking idea even was that!? I resent the network.

>dating
lol, no. She is just exploiting him to have fun adventures with the gems. She also has an absolutely hideous personality (violent selfish liar) so she has to settle for Steven as an acquaintance.

>Indian chick
>White dude

This has the lowest occurrence out of any pairing.

It's time to stop posting, you will only get more BTFO the longer the thread lasts.

No. Steven is asexual.

>they don't know what they want
It sounds like people know exactly what they want. And it isn't townies or steven's feelings. Honestly, Steven is the worst part of the show and drags it down.

>"Do I want to go out!? Ahahaha! No, Steven, I was arranged to marry a boy from a nice Indian family since I was 4!"

Even he expects to marry Connie at some point.

They're not dating, but it feels like everyone is expecting them to.
Like how in The Lion King Simba was already shipped with Nala despite being just friends.

Steven was chasing around his sentient pants, and was later attacked by seagulls while in a fry costume.
If that ain't funny to you idk how I can help you.

Crack the whip/Steven vs Amethyst

This is a pretty good write up on the situation

Bismuth and Gem Harvest really put a spotlight on how restrictive the 11 minute format is to the kind of show they want to do. 22 minutes is plenty of time to flesh things out with nice slice of life stuff and then there's still plenty of time to do the deep, heavy shit people desperately crave. When they try to have both in an 11 minute episode it just feels really rushed and not satisfying in the slightest. Take Storm in the Room for instance, it spent half of it's time building up to what should have been the entire episode.

She's one of Steven's many concubines

Later on the do a little dance and literally magic fuck in front of Steven's dad. No I'm not fucking making this up.

They have anal sex every night.

EVERY.

NIGHT.

>anal
Steven is pure, it's missionary position with lots of love.

Perhaps TOO pure.
I mean she's prolly be ready to try half the crazy stupid stuff she's read in romance novels and Steven will be "can't we just cuddle?"

It all went downhill after season 1.

Steven's not THAT pure.

Do you reckon the first few times they try to do the do, they accidentally fuse into Stevonnie?

I mean, they do call it the horizontal tango

this

i can get people being disappointed with filler episodes, but cant they appreciate character interactions outside of of the plot?

Frybo is a solid episode and the exception to what I was saying. Also it gets a little emotional with Peedee and his little adult problems speech.

Steven is pure and naive, he thinks roadies are unsung heroes and not just a bunch of guys who's only skills are lifting heavy equipment and tricking sluts into thinking they're security and will let them in for bj.
Hell Steven is so naive he things Lars is a decent human being. LARS

When does the show get good again?

While I agree with you, don't you have elves to be killing instead of watching cartoons about lesbian cosmorocks?

Music
Not spending a whole episode on one joke (waffles)
Waifus (Sardonyx best giant waifu)

lol no
indian giant goddess comes first.

Honestly S1 is the only season in which I liked the characters.

This thread gotta be bait, I dropped SU multiple times because it had so many shitty episodes in S1, only near the end it got interesting for real, and some episodes like Giant Woman.

You guys are just nostalgic of the older threads where SU was new and everyone didn't treat it like the next MLP.

Pearl should have been the angel, and Amethyst should have been the devil.

Please be a full comic

>the most important part of the show drags the show down

if you dont like the show just say it user.

Pro tip don't miss the last few episodes of that season

But there was a point in time when Bobby and Connie were dating for real.

>Also just keep watching Season 1 is the absolute worst, you only need to see like four or five eps of it to get the rest of the series.
I just plain don't understand this, even if you just like the action and lore and nothing else how can you say the later seasons are better at it? Almost all of the fight scenes in season 3 are ruined by poor storyboarding and choreography. Instead of getting slow worldbuilding with new details every other episode and a crescendo towards the finale the show has sunk into a pattern of five episodes where nothing happens followed by five episodes that rely on sudden plot threads and dump everything on you, then everything going back to normal.

Steven expects the same thing, in "stevens birthday" he insinuates that they're going to be married in the future. He doesn't even necessarily say that's what he wants to happen just that that's the way it's probably gonna be.

now THIS is shitposting

Stop now before it's too late. The show is a waste of time.

underrated

I dunno. Connie seems like she would be a Mating Press kinda girl.

This show is pretty boring.

I've noticed that SU takes a lot of stuff from the Critic. Even facial expressions