This movie was kino

This movie was kino

I don't get all the hate

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SIpjLWQCSY8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I just finished watching the Revisited: Final Cut (3.5 hours) and it was mostly a snoozefest.

Shit acting all around from the support cast. Underused actors and actresses (Rosario Dawson could have been used little more). Shoved in an "Alexander was gay" subplot that never existed.

The battle scenes were cool but somewhat inaccurate (looking at you India), and Hopkins phoned it in. At least Colin Farrell looked the part and Val Kilmer was great

Yeah and you probably think traps aren't gay either

It follows reality too closely to give it a "Hollywood feel", that's why people hated it.

Well Bagoas was a Eunuch so that probably applies.

It's probably the worst movie ever made. Nothing works.

Sorry but I think traps AND gays should be exterminated

>Make movie about a man that lived in an age that became mythical due to immense draw of his persona
>The man who himself believed he was a son of God
>The man whose fucking horse was a freakish occurence never to happen again
>The man who was tutored by the greatest philosopher of all time
>Whose father was the greatest military commander up to that point in time and who is never even mentioned due to sheer colossal achievement that is Alexander

It's an achivement to make this story so colossaly boring.

>Father drunk hit mom I'm gay fuck nigger cough die

BRAVO OLIVER

As a history nerd I loved how historically accurate it was, but I thought it focused too much on the wrong things (e.g. Alexander's sexuality, and his dysfunctional family life) and not enough on the actually important and interesting things like his campaigns. And why the fuck did Darius have like one line of dialogue. He was arguably the second most important person in the entire story of Alexander's Persian campaigns.

>It follows reality too closely
literally the opposite wtf, it conflates like important 3 battles into 1

Farrell was hilariously miscast. I like him as an actor but he was just completely not up for the role. It baffles me how Oliver Stone came to the conclusion that he was the best man for the job.

Just watched the super long cut that’s on Netflix and it just didn’t seem like it knew what it was doing. It lacked focus and had to many side characters that we didn’t get enough time with. I didn’t care for any of them. Hell I didn’t even care for Alexander, he himself had no focus. Didn’t help with the time skips and jumping back and forth with past events. Felt sloppy. Would have worked better as a linear story.

The only scene of that film I watched was this Macedonian General angry with Alexander being too soft on the Persians and being forced to "mate with these brown apes" and Colin farrell looks scared as fuck and then the General is killed

Is the rest of the film as good?

I think the problem is they tried to make a biopic instead of an epic. The gaugamela battle scene and soundtrack are great though...

Alexander was acting a bit too autistic and fruity to the point where it would be completely unbelievable someone didn't put a dagger in his back and tossed him into some ditch.

Also the movie focuses about 2/3 of it on the expedition to the east making it into some sort of mythological journey but it's simply not that interesting and comes off as a bad fantasy movie.

Who would you have cast?

>brainlets think it was a snoozefest
everytime

But Alexander was a spoiled ladyboy with daddy issues, so Ridley did a good job with executing his personality.

gay nigger faggot aids judenschweine kikepig libel propaganda. absolute trash.

>Holy shadows of the dead, I’m not to blame for your cruel and bitter fate, but the accursed rivalry which brought sister nations and brother people, to fight one another. I do not feel happy for this victory of mine. On the contrary, I would be glad, brothers, if I had all of you standing here next to me, since we are united by the same language, the same blood and the same visions.

That's an even bigger miscast, and the guy was miscast in Watchmen as well.

Was kind of a joke. In all honesty you'd have to go with some noname because Alexander's shoes are too big to fill otherwise, especially since it has to be a YOUNG actor. Just so long as they don't have a fucking Irish accent

>But Alexander was a spoiled ladyboy with daddy issues
Yeah, that's why such a sassy ladyboi pussy with dada issues could conquer and reign over almost the entire world.

Kill yourself you subhuman history revisionist libshit WE WUZ KANGZ nigger dick sucking commie jew pig.

>so Ridley
Kill yourself double, you shitstain assbirth retard.

Heath Ledger...?

He's the perfect mix of autistic, brilliant, menacing and explosively violent.

Farrell got into a drunken bar fight with som arabs during casting and Stone gave him the role pretty much immediately

They aren't.

I don't think the acting was shit.

People had to speak loudly in Ancient Greece to be heard by the crowd.

Maybe there was some overacting in the scenes, but people were always drunk anyway.

I think the way he tried to insert the Oedipus and other myths into the story was kinda cringy to forceful to be honest.

The Vangelis score is fucking great
youtube.com/watch?v=SIpjLWQCSY8

>Maybe there was some overacting in the scenes, but people were always drunk anyway.

Reading Arrian becomes a lot funnier when you consider that basically everyone in the high command (and probably a lot of the soldiery) were utterly sozzled like 95% of the time.

I think the story of Alexander is simply to big for one movie. You need to skip or simplify major developments in order to move the plot forward but at the same time you must inform the audience and the result is way too much narration and flashbacks which puts the movie to a grinding halt several times. You need properly expand on Philip, his mother, Roxanne, Aristotle, Hephaistion, the subjugation of Thrace and Greece, the invasion of Persia, Egypt and on and on and on in order to tell a complete and cohesive story and 3 hours is simply to little time to do so

Same with Napoleon. Might work as a TV show, but the budget would need to be insane.

>inherit daddy's army and his strategy that he was developing for years
>wah wah he was a great strategist
he is literally an equivalent of having an insanely rich dad

whitewashing Alexander for a starter

Philip did lay a lot of the important groundwork, especially logistically. But without Alexander's strategic and leadership genius shit would have gone nowhere. Demetrius Poliorcetes is what Alexander would have ended up as if he'd been dumb. Rich kid inherits a state and an army but is a fucking retard.

I won't lie the battle of Gaugamela scene was actually pure kino.

>Colin Farrell
>White
he literally looks more Greek than Irish desu.