Best show ever

>Best show ever
>One thread every few weeks in Sup Forums

Why does Sup Forums have such shit taste?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-9gTt-QZn5E?t=6m18s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Post your wirefu

We have daily threads for the best show ever

its 10 years old. it doesn't need that many threads

Currently on season 4 and kind of hating it. The show went from an interesting hood/cop drama to a boring politics show. Now that Avon and String aren't around the story focuses on the race for mayor, boring characters and a school? Does it pick up at all? Is season 5 at least good? The seasons got better each time but season 4 so far is way at the bottom for me

Most people here are too young to remember The Wire in any real capacity.

A lot of people here are pretty racist too, so I doubt they'd even give the show a chance.

Definitely Cutty
Bodie, Avon, D'Angelo, Slim, and Marlo are all really close though

We also have regular comfy Trailer Park Boys threads.

>best show ever

Watch it, mulignan.

Marlo was a bitch.

>Best show ever
We have Sopranos threads every day, multiples even. Wire is babby's first subtext and gritty faux-journalism. Deadwood and Rome are better too. So just cool it, reddit.

that shit was ages ago

>every season is a derivative of the previous one
>cops want to wire some bad guys
>even the ending was derivative of the earlier seasons, showing how the cycle doesn't end

The scope just expands every season to cover more of the city and its organisations and how they influence each other. 5 is probably the worst season, though I never hated any of the seasons.

>too young
Why are you talking about The Wire like its Quincy or something lmao

so why were all the people involved with crime black?

Cuz its baltimore

Really? 4 was my favorite season,wasn't a huge fan of 5 tho, but I liked the Marlo and Omar storylines

I just really can't imagine younger people knowing about the wire. Most posters here were kids when it was running, and I can't see a kid watching this show. Maybe I'm wrong, I dunno.

I really liked Marlo. He was one of those genuine predators that cause the most destruction on the streets irl. Plus I really love his confrontation with Carver here
youtu.be/-9gTt-QZn5E?t=6m18s

5 is easily the worst. It's worth watching, but it's totally ridiculous

It just didn't make sense for Marlo to show up as an already powerful dealer, then get carried by plot armor and invincible henchmen.

There's plenty in the Wire that didn't make sense, but I don't mind it. The Wire was just a vehicle for showing the various trials, tribulations, and realities of street life. It's like how Hamsterdam was a neat concept to explore, but wouldn't happen irl. I just enjoy seeing these stories and concepts portrayed in a relatively grounded, serious setting. It's just cool imo

But I get that this is just my own opinion though. Different people came away with different things after watching The Wire.

He was a shallow character.

Fucking pleb

4>2>3>1>5

For me it's 2>4>3>1>5, still good taste user.

Most character on The Wire are though. Marlo doesn't stand out as especially bad.

3>1>4>2>5

Sup Forums talks about it all the time. Show ended a decade ago, not much to say.

2>1>3>5>4

No.

There's a lot to say imo. It was a really good show and it had a strong impact on a lot of kids who were actually living it. Sometimes I'll come across a song that was used in the Wire and it brings back a really sad sense of nostalgia. Some of the stuff that happens in The Wire is just a little too real. I dunno.
Pic related gets me everytime.

I'm a little bummed out that Sup Forums isn't feeling it right now. Sorry your thread isn't working out OP. Go find some clips of The Wire on youtube and check out the discussions in the comments. A lot of kids from Baltimore are still discussing this show to death, it's pretty neat

>A lot of kids from Baltimore are still discussing this show to death
That's really cool to hear

So I just got done watching the first episode of The Wire and I was blown away! There is a scene where D'angelo is explaining chess to the other kids and teaching them about all the pieces. I don't know if anyone else picked up on this, but when he was telling them about pawns, he actually meant THEY were the pawns! What an amazing allegory!

I've never seen such brilliant writing and I can easily say just by having watched the first episode that this is the best show ever made!

Also the acting is phenomenal! Idris Elba and Dominic West do a great job with their Baltimore accents.

Generic paint by numbers relative morality mirroring parallel bullshit. Filled with analogies that were so fucking on the nose yet you fags think it's deep.
>S1 chess game to explain power hierarchies or cops and gangbangers holy shit

Kids from Baltimore can't afford HBO. You're probably a middle class white guy in San Francisco and think you can relate to hood niggers.

Did you skip season 2? Or have you not watched the show at all

I can't watch season 5 anymore. I just can't.

YO STRING! WHERE THE FUCK IS WALLACE!!

The Wire ended almost a decade ago, the fact that it's being talked about at all (9 years later) is impressive enough. It doesn't need to be talked about every week like it's some new series that just came out.

European. Just don't give a shit about some black kids in school. All of them can get raped for what I care.

In your country by 2050, user, better educate yourself now.

i found him

East european. We got gypsies here

This made me super sad. Kid had a good heart. He deserved better

Don't be afraid to be a part of things bro. You don't need to prove you're better than anybody else; most people just want to find common ground with you.

Take a break from chans.

yeah it was heart wrenching. i had the bluray with commentary and the director said it's the greatest, saddest scene he's ever filmed.

that was episode 3 iirc

>best show ever

OHH

apologies. should have said 'most' instead of 'all'.
would that satisfy you?

Just started my rewatch yesterday night. At ep 1.06 now. It's still very good, lot of laughs like the desk scene and basically anytime a cop does something stupid that they genuinely think is fine. Looking forward to the photocopier bit. Best boy a toss-up between Lester/Slim Charles.

Couldn’t have said it better myself.

You don't get the show. Go watch the 50 cent movie.

bootleg DVDs

>Season 2 was about blue collar white workers.
>Season 5 was about fake news.
>Simon wanted a season about immigration.

Horrible show.

'yee'

Problem is that Sup Forums only likes quite plebby shit. 50% of threads are capeshit, I'd say the ultimate majority of Sup Forums watch the same regurgitated story with revolving characters in differents outfits and find it so interesting they want to discuss it online every fucking day using the same webms and pictures.

The Deuce was great but how much was it discussed on Sup Forums? Not a single time unless I made the thread myself and got maybe 5 replies.

It's just amazing that if you think about it, this formerly great thread is basically a continuation of reddit but arguably with even worse content. What the fuck happened I don't know, the same collapse happened on /o/ and Sup Forums. It's not only Sup Forums leaking onto other boards (hurr niggers and faggots), it's those fucking superhero movies collectively making Sup Forums dumber and dumber.

It was amazing to see him in the first season of Homicide

What is up with people saying the wire isn't Sup Forums approved, this is probably the show that best shows the lies and corruption the whole system is based on.

It humanizes black kids in the hood. It gives them personality, motivation, and emotion. Sup Forums ideology is carried by the idea that people (blacks, foreigners, muslims) aren't actually people. A lot of Sup Forums users can't make this connection, so it becomes a leap of faith. They can watch this show, but they'll struggle to relate to the characters and will probably roll their eyes constantly because they legitimately have no concept of a black human. The struggles and drama in The Wire will just come across as hamfisted, pandering, SJW schlock.

It sucks that Sup Forums is this way. I remember back in the day a lot of us could talk about hiphop, street culture, and shit cuz most of us had first hand experience with it (Sup Forums used to have a big demographic of "normie" white kids living in lower income areas).

I really fucking hate jews, but the legit black/arab/muslim/ect. hate here is such a bummer.

i forgot what i was talking about at the beginning of this post.

Was Cutty secretly Gay?
There's one awkward scene where he speaks with Mike and just says "I love women" with lots of weird breaks. It's odd.

>best show ever

Fuck I always thought that, I remember that scene perfectly. I thought he would get some kind of arc where he molested one of the kids in the gym for sure.

It was just super weird. I thought he'd have something on with the kids in the gym too.
Maybe if his character had more of presence later on, but they had other stuff to tell.

WHAT THE FUCK DID I DO?

All the angels sing
About jesus' mighty sword
And they'll shield you with their wings
Keep you close to the lord
Don't pay heed to temptation
For his hands are so cold
You gotta keep the devil
Way down in the hole

Responding to pasta

>dead nigger
>heart wrenching