What are some examples of actors with poor financial planning?

What are some examples of actors with poor financial planning?

youtube.com/watch?v=AeLuQQH1OHA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y19xGhSFp1U
youtube.com/watch?v=2S6eUFbOfIU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

this is why I only invest in government bonds

I'm sure he got paid out the ass for this shit.

WHAT'S MY NAME?

>In mid-2010, Pacino learned that his business manager, Kenneth I. Starr, had been arrested for embezzling his clients’ money in a Ponzi scheme. (Starr is currently serving seven and a half years in prison.) There had been warnings. Early on, Mike Nichols, who had taken his money out of Starr’s company, had raised suspicions. “I’ll get to it,” Pacino told Nichols. “Then I never got to it,” he said. “Millions of dollars were gone,” Sola said. “Gone.”

>Pacino took the loss in stride. “I thought, Hey, this is the world. It’s real,” he said. “Not one day I saw him down or depressed,” Sola said. “He was, like, ‘O.K., now what do we do? Roll up our sleeves and go to work.’ ”

>Pacino’s agent, John Burnham, told me, “In his halcyon days he made around fourteen million a picture, but the industry’s changed. Nowadays, he gets five million. With a gun—seven million.” It has taken Pacino four years to work himself back to a position where, he says, “compared to a normal person, I have a significant amount.” He sold a Snedens Landing property, did commercials, took out a loan, and signed on for Adam Sandler’s dismal but profitable “Jack and Jill” (2011)—a “kids’ movie,” according to Pacino, in which he sent up both his legend and his financial predicament. In the film’s best moment, a hip-hop ad for Dunkin’ Donuts, Pacino can be seen dancing and pitching the “Dunkaccino”: “You want creamy goodness / I’m your friend / Say hello to my chocolate blend.”

>kids from seven to seventino

I don't get what's so bad about this
In the context of the film it's a commercial Pacino forgot about or something, and he obviously hates it and wants it destroyed "burn this". Dude needed money, so what he did an absurd part? I found it funny desu.

this was his best role

>not upholding actors to a superior moral standard
>letting them degrade themselves and their craft by playing silly roles

>He sold a Snedens Landing property
Formerly Pacino's

why did i smile at this

goddammit

I think it's more the fact that an iconic actor, such as Pacino, would debase himself by shilling for a mediocre product, all for the purpose of a quick buck.

Actors liken themselves to "artists" but when you see them push advertisements for corporate brands, you see them for what they are: cheap salesmen.

son of a bitch

Sandler is a piece of shit

it's a scene from a movie, retard.

he needed cash m8

Hes still shilling for D&D though, they just portray it as a 'spoof' advert within a film so it not completely humiliating for Pacino

youtube.com/watch?v=y19xGhSFp1U
How did he end up advertising mobile games?

IF DOING THE DUNKACCINO IS GAY, THEN I'M THE BIGGEST QUEER ON EARTH

It pays the bills, I guess.

Easy money

I still can't believe he actually did this

[the absolute madman]

>Americans

Jesus between this and dogs that dance in movies.

>I think it's more the fact that an iconic actor, such as Pacino, would debase himself by shilling for a mediocre product, all for the purpose of a quick buck.
Yes, and that's the joke the scene is trying to convey.

what the fuck is he broke or literally just shitposting on TV

That's actually pretty neat. Rags to riches to rags to riches, great story of a hard-working guy with a positive outlook on life.
I'd watch a dunkakino on him.

youtube.com/watch?v=2S6eUFbOfIU
whole scene is funny though, probably not on purpose.

No, it's trying to sell you donuts you fucking moron.

It's post-ironic marketing.
Advertising to you by masquerading as a parody of an advertisement.

So? Product placement is in almost every movie made recently. The only difference with that fake commercial is that it was used as the butt of a joke, otherwise it's no different than James Bond drinking a Heineken or Sony shit being plastered all over Blade Runner 2049.