Post a superior fight scene, I dare you

The goal was easy to explain
The environment was simple and laid out well.
Editing didn't have Batman teleporting to random areas.
The fighting didn't rely in needless closeups or mood-killing comedy

youtube.com/watch?v=yLDRvJ4YmCI

This is the perfect fight scene.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/SHm6JWiCUYo
youtube.com/watch?v=hfSz0bQzZuM
youtube.com/watch?v=GkzEXTMK5Hs
youtube.com/watch?v=GYOYewO_Veg
youtube.com/watch?v=_44L4Ffff9w
youtube.com/watch?v=7rVespJjao8
youtube.com/watch?v=3kSMbA2Q2Bw
youtube.com/watch?v=ztd_HunRqB0
youtube.com/watch?v=cVgMSvRtmK8
youtube.com/watch?v=HrRvS9OcH90
youtube.com/watch?v=UEmjRNHKefY
youtube.com/watch?v=NW0Rv2H1Pug
youtube.com/watch?v=AFdezM3_m-c
youtube.com/watch?v=i1PxI69r69Y
youtube.com/watch?v=a2c9JrD9drc
youtube.com/watch?v=SGhJaG3mIng
youtube.com/watch?v=O7JgC6-hAXQ
youtube.com/watch?v=EGd1BSw767k
youtube.com/watch?v=QZIvstegsmI
youtube.com/watch?v=VzmoE9SKlDg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Also it had high stakes, so the audience was actually invested.

I liked this better. It was also helped by it's placement in the film by offering a first hand look at a character that, up until now, has been portrayed in a clunky fashion, especially in rest of the film. It felt like the director decided to unshackle the fan expectations of the character itself.

youtu.be/SHm6JWiCUYo

Dark Knight fights showed that Batman was as intelligent as he was brutal.

BvS just showed his brutality.

>BvS just showed his brutality.
Why didn't he just gun down the room of mooks then? He clearly neutralises a good third of them before engaging physically, seemingly out of necessity.

ben AFFLACK just always looks like a douche-even with half his face hidden...

you're smoking crack. nolan cannot shoot action for shit and that's just another example. the editing is horrible, the camera shots are horrible and everything is disjointed as fuck. it's a fucking pitiful excuse for an action scene.

I'm pretty sure, just from browsing through that clip, Ben is only in it maybe 10% of the time. His stunt double pulled a heavy shift here.

That's a great way to make it sound like you know what you're talking about without actually saying anything substantive.

>actual stakes
>Batman having to figure how to save everyone without causing harm to innocent people and cops
It was a great scene

Editing in that scene is one of the best in the whole TDK Trilogy.
>disjointed
>camera shots are horrible
What the fuck are you talking about? Did you just pick some random movie terminology and put it in your post to sound more intelligent?

It's completely retarded is what it is.
>I don't think I need to get into the whole sonar via phone idiocy
>snipers don't see tied hands of hostages with clown masks through windows
>whatiskinneticenergy.jpg
>everyone has their gun but no one takes a shot at him because reasons
>how exactly did the zip-lined cop decelerate his fall when he was carrying 2 metric tons of gear and two hostages.
>the punching of people who just stand there and literally do nothing even though they are prepared for a breaching swat team is fucking pathetic
>one punch and people with assault gear go down
>look at me pulling an IED launcher out of my ass
>That Houdini rope shit at the end is fucking awful

tl;dr terrible scene in a terrible movie

>Editing in that scene is one of the best in the whole TDK Trilogy.
that's a great way of confirming that the rest is an even bigger pile of shit

you cant argue with videogame players OP, they prefer BvS because it looks like their arkham games

Why does the hit at 2:24 look so....off?

if you're retard, sure

Warehouse fight in BvS (UE) is the best fight scene as for superhero movies and it won't be surclassed in the next future from what i see.
Scene in OP would have worked in an animated movie but i find it too dark and gritty

Well of course, it's directed by Nolan (bravo).

I like what this edit does with the soundtrack. The themes involved with bane are some of my favourite out of the trilogy, no memes.

This fight scenes may have been better in this, but batman begins is a better movie as a whole.

Want my opinion? You need to lighten up.

Scarecraw was underused, but he was a really great character. The batman in the narrows and arkham scene needed to be longer.

To add to it, here's my explanation from another thread.

Begins was generally more well thought out, well constructed and enjoyable than The Dark Knight.
The suit, the voice and general style of Batman in Batman begins was way better than the way he was represented in The Dark Knight.
Begins is overshadowed by the sequel, but is actually a very well balanced and constructed origin story. It has an appropriate amount of levity combined with genuinely threatening villains rather than ham-fisted edgelords.
On the voice, batman begins nailed it, and almost went a bit too far. He had the whole vocal concealing going quite nicely, and it was believable that people wouldn't recognize him as Bruce.
On the suit, I think it was great. It was sleek, modern and tactical, but also had a sense of beastly power, especially in the bulkier torso and cowl area. This fits in nicely with the main theme of fear, and being more of a symbol than a man/soldier.

Then we have The Dark Knight. I think it had a solid story and performances, especially from Ledger, but a lot of it doesn't hold up as a well-constructed film. The attempts made at making more of a philosophical story fell flat to a degree.
The character of Batman is reduced to a roaring idiot just so they can try to show how smart and edgy the Joker is. If you have to twist a character to show how intelligent the other one is, that's a problem. The voice is another part of this, as they made the bizarre decision to go even further with the growling dialogue, which just sounded ridiculous at that point.
Then there's the suit. I appreciate the tactical complexity, but the element of fear, and the primal feel of an imposing symbol is almost all gone. It's basically a military suit with a cape, a mask and a symbol thrown on the front. It doesn't look quite like it's supposed to be batman
Gotham was more distinct and filthy, and although excessively filtered at times, the Colour palette was a lot more distinct in Begins.

Character count reached, but that's pretty much it.
I definitely agree there, that character had a lot of potential. They mentioned influence from blade runner with the grimy wet style of the streets of Gotham, and it would have been interesting to see more of that.

I know some might call me a pleb, but I consider this one of the best Capeshit fights I've ever seen. Something about it just connects in a way others don't.
youtube.com/watch?v=hfSz0bQzZuM

I agree on the Voice and it being an amazing film on it's own that is over shadowed by the dark knight. But to me the dark knight is the better film, Mainly due to the linear storytelling. I don't think it's a fault in Begins, I just like the linear story of the dark knight better. That and the underuse of scarecraw. Had they fully used him to his potential i think he could've been there with ledger as one of the best comic book villains.

The slow motion camera I think.

Also the sound, the dialogues.

Agreed.

Everything about that fight felt so similar to a comic book. You could practically imagine the sequence done in panels. I love it.

Just rewatched this scene from Spider-Man 2. Raimi and Molina knocked it out of the goddamn park. Absolutely spectacular. Also, I'm going to include the train scene because I consider it one of the most heartfelt scenes in the collection of all comic films.
youtube.com/watch?v=GkzEXTMK5Hs

Train Scene
youtube.com/watch?v=GYOYewO_Veg
youtube.com/watch?v=_44L4Ffff9w

As much as I may dislike Spider-Man homecoming, all of his interactions with Vulture were awesome. Partly because Vulture was a character I could acatively root for. He didn't care about concquering all of mankind, he just wanted to carve out a nice slice of life for his family, Also he manages to whoop Peter's ass in both of their encounters...although he would have died without the intervention of Pete.
youtube.com/watch?v=7rVespJjao8
youtube.com/watch?v=3kSMbA2Q2Bw
youtube.com/watch?v=ztd_HunRqB0
youtube.com/watch?v=cVgMSvRtmK8
youtube.com/watch?v=HrRvS9OcH90

It's fascinating to see how two different media could portray the infamous Daredevil vs. Kingpin fight. I don't care what anyone says, Daredevil: Director's Cut was a fucking solid movie. Expanded Coolio plot. Logical way to incriminate Kingpin. Daredevil ditches Elektra to fight criminals. There is nothing I could say that hasn't already been said concerning Daredevil S01 but it is oddly fitting. The final battle for New York took place in a dark abandoned alley in clear view from the street where the Kingpin of Crim went Mano y Mano against Daredevil. BOth were epic.

Netflix Version:
youtube.com/watch?v=UEmjRNHKefY

2003 Version:
Sidenote - Michael Clarke Duncan WAS Kingpin from the moment he stepped onscreen.
youtube.com/watch?v=NW0Rv2H1Pug

Raimi and Tobey's spiderman will always be the best, really can't see anyone making anything better than what they've done.

Even the third one, all of those movies were so well done.

That picture is fucking insane. And I agree. Spider-Man 3 is a fine wine that matures with age.

A sequence that stays with me is Terry McGinnis' confrontation with the Joker in Batman Beyond. He goes about the bout in a way entirely unto him. He didn't beat the Joker by being Bruce's verison of Batman. He did it by being a Batman all his own. Part 8 is the fight scene in question. I've decided to just include all the links because why not?
youtube.com/watch?v=AFdezM3_m-c
youtube.com/watch?v=i1PxI69r69Y
youtube.com/watch?v=a2c9JrD9drc
youtube.com/watch?v=SGhJaG3mIng
youtube.com/watch?v=O7JgC6-hAXQ
youtube.com/watch?v=EGd1BSw767k
youtube.com/watch?v=QZIvstegsmI
youtube.com/watch?v=VzmoE9SKlDg