Thinking about getting into the X Files. Is it worth it?

Thinking about getting into the X Files. Is it worth it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oyg-0xpPT7g
youtube.com/watch?v=j-wBNxn23fk
youtube.com/watch?v=ozgg0WKiYQk
youtube.com/watch?v=Wijp4-3giNw
youtube.com/watch?v=IST1OlesWTg
youtube.com/watch?v=N8LkbXaWuoE
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1510443096613.webm
themareks.com/xf/conspiracy.shtml
youtube.com/watch?v=FwjZ2_87y1k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yeah, skip the last season though. Also, I wouldn't binge, rather watch an episode or two a day

absolutely

By last season do you mean 9 or 10?

You gonna watch s11?

>not finishing 9 seasons within 2 weeks
fukn lightweight

Its worth it. But keep in mind last few seasons (7-10) are really weak

yea. don't bother with anything after the finale of season 7, it's all shit

Absolutely. As with all TV, with time it gets worse, but first good 4-5 seasons are pure gold.
I think season 10 is actually pretty decent, but maybe that's just my nostalgia talking.
Kind of funny you made this thread. I'm rewatching S10 right this very moment. Spooky.

S10 is half good,half bad.
Hoping S11 will be more consistent.

Mulder and Scully are quality characters with real chemistry, and there's some really great individual episodes. But the big series-long alien conspiracy part is shit, which is kind of a problem since it;s supposed to be the point of the show. Fans will tell you it all makes sense, but that's just because they're fucking autists.

Worth watching but be prepared to be let down by the fact that the writers clearly just piled on bullshit until even they couldn't connect the dots anymore

It is because CC literally didn't believe in keeping a show bible so there is no continuity whatsoever.

I was thinking of getting into fraiser is it worth it?

this but the alien conspiracy episodes were still pretty exciting for the first 6 seasons
mulder and scully are great, even the bad episodes still have moments between the two that make it worth it
who's actually feeling pretty hype for season 11? i'm sure the mytharc will be just more shit but it'll be worth it to see the greys, my favourite kind of alien

Not really. I say this as a fan.

it's weird how scully's hair gets worse for a bit, she looks fucking great in the pilot

I'am.I just want it all to be over.

> hype for season 11
Count me in. I'm kind of surprised they're willing to continue. 10's reception was meh.

They probably wanted her to look older since she was only like 24 irl at the time

Blood
Folie a Deux
Wetwired

Top 3 episodes of The X-Files, anyone who disagrees is a moron pleb bastard.

She looked good in the pilot episode, yeah.

>Folie a Deux
KINO

Also obligatory thread theme: youtube.com/watch?v=oyg-0xpPT7g

I agree, its not a great show to binge

>But the big series-long alien conspiracy part is shit
It's never shit. Being convoluted didn't stop it being entertaining.

> Folie a Deux
It's all coming back.

wat do to get scully gf??

B spooky

kidnap scully

Preach!

youtube.com/watch?v=j-wBNxn23fk

>moron pleb bastard
Sounds like a perfect description of someone who doesn't have Die Hand Die Verletzt in their top 3.

Or small potatoes

that's the cult one in the school isn't it? really looking forward to rewatching that one. think i'll appreciate every episode more the second time around.

Underrated episode

Who no Home?

Post x-files related stuff bros, It's been a long time without a badass thread.

Yes

>9x11

People always give Reyes hate, but that episode was great.
She's also hotter than Scully, even now

youtube.com/watch?v=ozgg0WKiYQk
>mulder... suck my dick

Season 7 was wack

Mrs. Loach... Listen very carefully. It's here!

Harrison was qter

Quagmire and War of the Coprophages are also kino

kek thanks for this

youtube.com/watch?v=Wijp4-3giNw

Boo!

Pity Summer Glau, Claudia Black, Alexa Davalos, Jennifer Lien and Michelle Forbes never guest starred in a single episode

Why wasn't the Shaft theme Mulder's ringtone in Were-Lizard? Missed opportunity

youtube.com/watch?v=IST1OlesWTg

4u

Why settle for her?

Because she's cute CUTE!!

David's pupils are funny

Let's dispel once and for all with this fiction that pic related is a bad episode.

definitely
quagmire's a really comfy one for mulder and scully scenes, as is field trip youtube.com/watch?v=N8LkbXaWuoE

completely forgot about this, the cameos are crazy

Mostly this, OP.

M&S have one of the best character dynamics of any pair in TV. They can be pretty charming. The dialogue is also unusually concise and articulate, mostly between the two leads, and especially give that it's a TV show. And the speculation on the paranormal events, and explanations of them, can be interesting sometimes, although they're never properly "scientifically" explained. The overarching govt conspiracy story arc starts off okay, but by S4, 5, or 6 (can't recall exactly), it starts to be real shit.

Overall it's a great show, a legit top 10 of all time contender. Really the only thing that would stop you from enjoying it is if you can't suspend disbelief for paranormal elements in a fictional TV show. But if you can do that, you should like the show a lot.

The quality sharply declines in S6, but there are still good eps here and there after that, and Robert Patrick is pretty good.

Is that darin morgan?

Scared the shit out of me as a kid.

yup

Don't mind me, just being the best episode of the event series

>Fans will tell you it all makes sense
No, they wont, and dont.

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1510443096613.webm

The one with Duggart or whoever the fuck he is

Nah, I'll skim it but it looks like poo

Think they'll work in Mulder's death this season?

Not mine
themareks.com/xf/conspiracy.shtml

yes. great joke episodes and great serious episodes
youtube.com/watch?v=FwjZ2_87y1k

2>4>3>Power gap>1>6>

Watching season 1 now, this handsome sumbitch shows up. Also Brad Dourif.

5: PoMo Prometheus, Folie a Deux, Bad Blood,
6:Drive, Triangle, Dreamland 2 parter, Arcadia

while not as consistent they still had great stuff

>not posting the hot wife from the same episode

Beyond the Sea (with Douriff) is very good

Dreamland is so simple but so great,i like how the ghost stole christmas too.

Did they ever have a halloween episode? I think X-cops may have taken place on halloween but idk.

> Beyond the Sea
This song will be forever stuck in my head.

Eh... i got through the first 3 seasons and got bored
This is probably true, but compared with something like star trek its just not a very well written show

>but compared with something like star trek its just not a very well written show

They are so different from eachother though

Is there a guide to the best episodes? I genuinely think this would be a better way to watch the show- the mediocre episodes are really dull

Not too bad. I'd say 4 > 2 > 3 > power gap > 5 > 1 > 6. I really wish they'd have changed the show up a little to reflect it being off-air for as long as it was, instead of trying to rush right back into the classic series status quo. The whole formula needed to change. It feels too forced having them in back in the basement office but with computers instead of projectors, having early X-Files Mulder/Skinner distrust long after it's been established he's an ally, bringing Cancer Man back from the dead again, etc. It's been kind of fun seeing them back again, but at the same time, it could have been so much more.

>its just not a very well written show
Many of the best X File episodes are unquestionably the best episodes of tv ever.

They are, but theyre both sci-fi, and both have some element of mystery. Star trek just does it better

They have very different tones/atmospheres though.

It is why you can't really binge watch TXF.

I thought I was alone in not being able to watch XF without taking massive breaks. I wanted to binge watch the whole thing at 4 episodes/day and I could only make it about a month before caving in.

I was referring to the general writing of the show. Its pretty formulaic:
1. Someone dies/something paranormal happens
2. S and M go to investigate
3. One of the two get caught or nearly die during the course of the investigation
4. Conflict resolves without the mystery being fully revealed, most exposition is Mulders wild conspiracy theories
70% of the episodes are like this, and most many reuse the same setting/theme
Its a really boring show when its boring

I think it was good until they moved the location of the show

>4 eps a day
>binge watching

I have ADHD. Paying attention to anything for more than 5 minutes is a binge for me

Better watch Fringe instead, its the better x files.

>ADHD
as much of a meme as anxiety

I agree completely.

They should have brought Mulder and Scully back as consultants or something instead of full fledged agents,it makes no sense at their age and they didn't even really explain how they got there.

I don't mind the skinner distrust/backstory this season(11) because they never really went too in depth with his motivations with helping them but it would've been nicer too see it earlier in the show.

The CSM thing is beyond ridiculous and makes me upset they didn't bring back TLG but it seems like they listened,so who knows.

I'm not getting my hopes up after S9,IWTB and S10 overall but mayybe the writers will listen to fans and it will be okay.

>anxiety
No idea about ADHD, but there are physical signs in the brain if someone suffers from anxiety. A degraded hippocampus for example.

>its not a mental illness because im an idiot
Anxiety is shit, its ruined my brothers life and a number of my other family members suffer from it as well
Youre an idiot

ST is pretty formulaic too but it has more of a sense of progression i suppose plus it has an ensemble cast so it has more plot threads and characters to play off of.

I still prefer TXF though personally because i liked watching M&S evolve overtime as people and even if the story set up was generally the same it was always something different,no one story is the same.

S3 is the most consistent so if you still think its shit don't bother ever picking it back up.

It's the same with ADHD. The prefrontal cortex is underdeveloped and executive function and working memory are impaired in people with the deficits, and, in addition, it almost always overlaps with an anxiety disorder or some other co-morbidity in adults. Attentionlets are basically subhumans closer to animals than the normal human

It's my favorite show but i did one complete watch through and haven't since.

Normally i just pick eps and watch them now.

Dont binge watch it

If there isn't a general for the new season I'll fucking haunt you, anons.

i don't think there will be anything else worth watching in January anyway