Leave Dune to me

>leave Dune to me

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yjliYiijvb8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I can't wait for another one of his soulless cashgrabs

>tfw worried that Dune will become normie-ized like GoT and LOTR became after the visual media adaptations
>tfw thinking about all the basic bitches who'll get the Litany of Fear tattoos because "omg yaaaaas queen, BG sisterhood like totes slays and is like totes wise"

please no
this hack is will nolan it

How was BR2049 a cashgrab exactly?
And the general public knows far less about Dune than they know about Blade Runner, how on Earth could that be a cashgrab

Isn't the litany already super popular?
It's not like Dune is obscure, it's LOTR/GOT level in terms of literary pedigree, and thus is popular as fuck. It could be more popular, e.g. the biggest movie/show in the world like those other ips, but it's already got fans just as those did. Liking things other people haven't delved into doesn't carry a value judgement friendo

I have a friend (who I always thought is more intelligent than me) that's read the GoT books, yet he said he couldn't get through Dune (1st novel).

Is Dune really that accessible, in a literary sense?

>How was BR2049 a cashgrab exactly?
It wasn't. That faggot's just talking out of his ass. BR2049 is slow-burn, neo-noir, super existential sci-fi; a combination that absolutely no casual movie viewer who isn't already interested in those themes would enjoy.

>no casual movie viewer who isn't already interested in those themes would enjoy.

Hence why it performed like shit at the box office despite the talent involved, I should add.

youtube.com/watch?v=yjliYiijvb8

Based /r/bladerunner tourist named SomnusInterruptus

>it's LOTR/GOT level in terms of literary pedigree, and thus is popular as fuck.
It's really not. Outside of sci-fi heads and TBBT-tier "nurds xd" it's unknown.

Nobody is hiring this flop director again.

Hurrr Durrr

if he does Bond he will officially be a hack, no respectable director would ever do a franchise flick (I know Dune is a franchise but it hasn't been commercial or successful in movies much like Lord of the Rings was before Peter Jackson, of course Jackson became a hack when he did the Hobbit because after that LOTR was established as a movie franchise)

>leave making successful films to someone else

Dune and Bladerunner is capeshit for people who think they're too good for capeshit.

that's a dumb statement, you can say the same about pretty much every movie that isn't capeshit,

Who cares. It's going to happen to everything eventually. Nothing is sacred in our brave new consumer culture.

says some faceless idiot, if he can make a good Bond movie then whats the problem?

he was confirmed a hack when he made the cheeto dust flick BR2049