Blade Runner

Little things you noticed in 2049
>K talks about the furnace memory to he milf
>while the children are running down the stairs we can hear the whistle from the child trafficant

Other urls found in this thread:

artofvfx.com/blade-runner-2049-paul-lambert-vfx-supervisor-double-negative/
youtube.com/watch?v=6iqmIoHL74Y
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virgin_Lands_Campaign
en.m.wikipedia.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=sLxxbfsj8IM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

artofvfx.com/blade-runner-2049-paul-lambert-vfx-supervisor-double-negative/
Bump

That when Joi and Mariette are "merged" and he grabs her neck and pulls her to him, Joi lags way behind so that, for a second, he's really just with Mariette.

There's also the difference between Mariette's and Joi's eyes, Mariette's eyes are like a dead doll eyes and Joi look more passionate.

Joi appears as an advertisement before she's formally introduced in the film.

The baseline test interviewer calls him “constant k”. The letter k is used in different physics equations to represent some constant, eg. kinetic energy or equilibrium.

will I enjoy this movie if I haven't seen all the older blade runners?

In the film, Harrison Ford plays a character called Deckard. This name is reference to a character from the original Blade Runner, also played by Harrison Ford, indicating that the two films take place in the same universe.

>artofvfx.com/blade-runner-2049-paul-lambert-vfx-supervisor-double-negative/

that was actually a really good read, its just so refreshing to have the people working on this movie actually care about what their putting to screen. i haven't seen genuine care like this since maybe Lord of the Rings

Nah man u gotta watch the first 3 before this

The shots showing the rain actually landing on Joi's skin, instead of passing right through.
>mfw we're experiencing rain from Joi's POV
>mfw Joi actually has a POV
>mfw Joi was truly sentient and not a mindless automaton

The memory is about the girl, you can notice when you see the different hair cut than the kids. Girls are shaved

youtube.com/watch?v=6iqmIoHL74Y
>subtitles are shitty and small
I noticed them, but no one but me could read them

You should at least watch Blade Runner, Blade Runner 2, Blade Runner 35, Blade Runner 1288 and Blade Runner 2048

>tfw Joi is experiencing rain for the first time
>adaptating the hologram with rain drops on her hands
>that music
This scene made me tear up on the 3rd viewing. Today on my 6th viewing people laughed at this scene, I want to go full REEEEEEEEEEEEE at them.

>he didn't watch Blade Runner 152 BC
Update yourself, gramps.

>The ashtray that K rotates around after looking through the records has a horse carved into it
>When K open's his jacket at the very end of the film, he isn't looking at all the blood, but for the emanator

>When K open's his jacket at the very end of the film, he isn't looking at all the blood, but for the emanator

As long as you watch Blade Runner: Tannhauser Gate Adventure, you should be fine

One thing I was able to notice, and I haven't seen it talked about yet, is the farm at the beginning of the film.

When we are shown the farm, Cyrillic letters are shown on the outside shell. I saw the film with two Russian friends and this is what they had to say about the translation of that word.
"en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virgin_Lands_Campaign

цeлинa means just "wilderness" but there's not an english wiki page on just "цeлинa" alone. anyway they were most probably referencing the "ocвoeниe цeлины" so here u go”
”so yeah just to make it clear, russia (russian empire to be exact) had it's own thing w siberian exploration &cultivation, but it was way before the цeлинa thing, &didn't include kazakhstan's lands, for example. the virgin lands campaign is specifically a soviet thing, nothing else has ever been called цeлинa before or after that."

So, in referencing the virgin lands campaign, we're shown that the society that 2049 takes place in has a food shortage, and those giant maggot farms are a way to attempt to rectify the situation.

>en.m.wikipedia.org/
filthy phoneposter detected

>literally the opposite of what actually happens
Good job, nice post.

He's right though. The thing he's wrong on is that he doesn't grab her neck, he grabs her hips. There's less than a second of difference between Mariette and Joi, so when Mariette gets pulled Joi follows a little after.

People actually think this shit is cool lmao

Just watched it for the 1st time today. Three people walked out from the room halfway through. Idk why but it was mostly old people watching the movie.

Watched it again today, a lot of people were getting bored too, but weren't leaving. An old guy to my left kept falling asleep, wouldn't have minded if he didn't fucking snored like a chainsaw. He fell asleep 3 times, thankfully 2 guys were with him and woke him up when he got too loud.
A lot of people went "gotta go fast" to leave when the movie was over, I felt like I was the only one really absorbed in it.
>heart still racing in a lot of scenes despite already knowing what happens

>
>
Where can i find this scene?

lel it's a Kafka reference u fucking stem sperglord

This is from a chinese promotional video, someone posted it in a thread soon after the movie got released in china. It was a post on twitter, but I don't have it. Maybe you can find it on jewtube.

I'm asking seriously. Is the laughing thing an american thing? When i saw it everyone was silent throughout the whole thing

Old people always see movies late after release.

>the child trafficant

Wot dis mean?

I saw it a couple weeks ago. There were three 20something guys behind me. After the movie one of them sounded like Sup Forums and was trying to explain the franchise, while his friends were totally clueless and were saying things like "With a name like Blade Runner I thought this was gonna be a gory slasher film."

When the purple face scene happened i thought for a second K was going to shoot himself

Theaters that strictly enforce the no-singles laws tend to be a little rowdy since half the place is full of girls. Plus many places are cutting back on crablegs so people might not be as preoccupied with eating as in the past.

Would love a large poster of that image. Very 70s collage vibe.
Guess a touch of synthwave too with the raw vector/wireframe elements.

Where are the designated shooters when all this laughing happens?

Joi has ten different pull-down settings in her main menu.

Well my state just banned bump stocks so naturally there're going to be some service issues.

>ethnicity
>clean

how did they get away with this?

Waifu2x is your friend.

I'm not an amerifat yet on some viewings there were people who kept laughing. Always happened when there was more than 15. It's a chain reaction, if only one laughs the rest usually follow.

What is the color listed just below eye color and why is the setting at "neutral" instead of a color?

I've been puzzling over this too, I think he means the adult from the sweatshop

Fuck

Awesome.

Non-corporeal Waifu is best Waifu.

Is that a top menu? Those seem too basic for the first settings you'd have access to. Who needs easy access to change their waifu's ethnicity?

On the other hand I'm thankful they didn't throw a bone to snowflakes and have a gender/species option.

What's the most kino song from the soundtrack?

During my fifth showing there were two really nerdy dudes sitting next to me and one of them laughed during that scene and I just thought wtf you of all people.

Then I remembered they were normalfags. Their laughter was a nervous reaction to the "oh shit that's going to be me someday making out with my holowaifu while I get a text message from work telling me to come in and fix some shit and my waifu is going to freeze like that god dammit just laugh it off so no one notices that's what you're thinking just laugh that's what a normal person would do right"

normalfag nervous laughter, that's my theory anyway

Ah yeah, Morgan from TWD. He blows that whistle.
Makes sense now.

What part of a woman is shorter than "eye?"

It's perfectly reasonable to laugh when joi is paused for the phone call

>JOI can't touch you, but she can do this

The one that goes WHHHHHHHHHHHRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

nip

K isn't special, he's just a regular Joe.

I thought it was really sad

Bullshit, that's just an Easter egg, it's meaningless.

average joe is the common term

Jesus christ

Yeah, I think they froze her at a vulnerable moment (mid passionate, emotional kiss) on purpose.
It was showing how devalued as an entity she was, and likely Madam wanting to hurt K also by choosing that moment.

lip color lol

K's "horse" is actually a unicorn. You can see the stub of the horn in the prop closeups.

>Height
I wonder if you could make her as big as the ad was?

looks like Cuban to me

Why didn't they list the size of her dick?

Probably just max height from floor to ceiling since the technology hangs from your ceiling. Maybe you can go giant size with the emanator tho

Okay, you win the thread.
That's the saddest of the saddest shit in here.
Cares for a luminous being does he, not this crude matter.

K is /our/guy confirmed.

normalfag go find another thread and talk about capeshit

That's "Cuban."

Which is what Ana de Armas is.

What I'm noticing though, is "Eyes: Brown."

But Ana's are green to me. This might be an in-joke on the thing with "her eyes are green," despite Sean Young's being brown.

>vore will soon be real
what a time to be alive boys

>audience actually laughed when K's ship went down in the scrapyard and Joi was trying to wake him up
What goes through people's heads?

youtube.com/watch?v=sLxxbfsj8IM

>They made all the miniatures and practical sets and it looks great, but the movie didn't sell
>Hollywood will just use CGI for whatever as usual

we didn't deserve this movie

land of the free
clap
clap
clap

If this movie made money it wouldn't change the fact that Hollywood will use shitty cgi instead of muh miniatures

Right, and yet it was somehow beautiful, to be caught in that moment. You could tell it was a moment she wanted to last, a moment she wanted to stay in. So you think at first, is there a worse moment, but then how could there be a better one?

It was very sad and very touching and beautiful.

The one thing it was not was funny

I chuckled

do americans really do this? my kinoplex was full (400 seats) and the only sounds made were eating sounds

Don't despair yet.

Wait and see what awards season brings. Movies with worse box office performances than this have been redeemed in the end.

>"I'm so happy when I'm with you"
>"you don't have to say that"
Man, this scene just floors me

>implying a blade runner movie would ever even give a single concrete fact about off world outside of "synths are there except when they aren't"

I thought he's was gonna jump off.

What third world shithole do you live in where everyone eats so loud you can hear them during a movie?

i meant the rustling of chip packets and the ringing of cutlery on plates you retard

You know that scene when the replicant army picks up K and he's lying next to a fire that might as well be his funeral pyre for all he knows and the embers flying through the dark transition into lights from windows on the LA streets and huge ad with some woman's face suddenly appears and you hear that sound?

That was fucking brilliant.

No one laughed at either of the showings I went to, but I was alone in the cinema for my first, and even for the second there were only like 8-10 people there (and I'd have said that only 2 of us were under 50).

answer the question heathen

>cutlery on plates
Tell me you're joking.

yeah the laughing was weird.

What else are you going to eat your meal with?

Wood was supposedly really rare and expensive, Wallace's house was made entirely of wood,.

>meal
>in the cinema
As I said, please tell me you're joking.

I've never been to a cinema that has any food that you'd need utensils for.

Pretty much all I've ever seen is
-popcorn
-packaged candy
-hot dogs

No one laughed at my first four showings either.

Mostly been impressed with my audiences. The opening scene does a good job of setting the tone.

Even the normies would be like, "this guy has a hard life, let him have his holowaifu." That's why I think the chucklers are normalfags instead of real normies.

At my first showing (about 3/4 full) people chuckled at:
>When Joi freezes in the rain
>When Joi is crying for K to wake up
>When Luv lets Joshi's head hit the desk
>When Deckard pours alcohol om the carpet and his dog drinks it
At my second screening (half full) no one laughed really. I live in Edmonton

The interior furnishings, anyway. Shows just how rich he is. You also note that that briefly show the old Tyrell building form the original next to Wallace's, and the latter completely dwarfs it.

you telling me eurofag land they dont have a frikin buffet at the theater? ah man frick im never going to turkey or whatever ur from, i want ma big meal WHILE I WATCH MUH MOVIE

Joshi's head bouncing off the desk surely was for comedic effect

It's not a joke. My local theater has a VIP auditorium where you go in 30 minutes early, and can order food like burgers and shit

everytime the dog shows up people just start laughing, i don't get it

Apparently the iPhone X facial unlock would have defeated this kind of attempt because it requires the person's attention to be on the screen (Joshi's dead face was looking away).

I've seen it six times and every time people laugh when the dog drank the whisky on the floor