What are the best 1980's movies that take play in japan or japanese films?

What are the best 1980's movies that take play in japan or japanese films?

Other urls found in this thread:

fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/
webtoons.com/en/challenge/keit-ai/list?title_no=36825
youtube.com/watch?v=3bNITQR4Uso
youtube.com/watch?v=B-LmIcMOGD0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

一人の少年がとある少女に恋をします。

直接告白することはできず、なんとか彼女の電話番号を手にした彼は、変な電話番号にもあまり気にせず電話をかけるのですが、実は彼女も彼のことが大好きで、両思いだったのです。このことに気づいた彼は大喜びするのでした。

しかし翌日、彼が昨日のことについて話そうとすると彼女は困った顔をします。昨日彼が電話で話した相手は今彼の前にいるその女の子ではなかったのでした。実は、電話機の向こうの彼女はこの宇宙には存在していませんでした。彼女は並行世界の者だったのです。その並行世界では、逆に彼女が彼に片思いをしていたのですが、並行世界の自分は彼女のその思いに気づいていなかったのです。

何だかんだで、電話で知り合った二人はある取り引きをします。自分のもっとも深く、プライベートな秘密を分け合うことで、相手にいわゆる「並行世界の自分の必勝攻略法」を教え合うのです。

その作戦をもってそれぞれ好きな人を追いかけまわる間に、彼らは自分の世界よりも電話機の向こうの相手のことがもっと好きになってしまいます。お話はそういう恋の本質について問いかけます。

WHY DOES THIS GARBAGE KEEP SHOWING UP IN RELATED VIDEOS?

weeb detected

I don't even watch japanese videos. I'm tired of this weeb city pop bullshit that's infested youtube.

NINTENDURU

Delete shit in your youtube history. Click I'm not interested

Why would you put an Engrish accent on a fully Japanese word?

Are you some kind of idiot?

Sans Soleil if you're looking for a nonjoke answer

So its not just me, and i havent even been looking up jap music or anime.

Whos pushing 1980s Nip pop?
I did enjoy the first song tho

Watch it, user!

やっぱり方法が見つかった

掲示しないでください。これは本当に存在だけど。

fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/
webtoons.com/en/challenge/keit-ai/list?title_no=36825

Where the fug do I talk about Korean TV on this site?

道を見つけた

VICD-357

City Pop is unironically top 3 music genres of all time.

youtube.com/watch?v=3bNITQR4Uso
almost everything is gold

これ原作はSup Forumsで生まれた
海外産の小説(ラノベ)なのかな?
頑張って読みます。o(^-^)o

thanks

AIKA is the best

In /trash/ where gook TV belongs

Gung Ho

Saw this years ago on TV as a kid, I blame this for my yellow fever, it's cool Hollywood is okay with wm/af combo like this, Pacific Rim, Lucky Number Slevin, etc.

She looks like a Japanese Jennifer Connolly

Black Rain

Why did Japanese cinema have to die, Sup Forums? Literal dogshit since the nineties.

Economic bubble burst in the 90's so less money to throw at film production / more risk-averse. Plus all the auteurs of the 50's/60's retired or died like Kurosawa.

>90s
I'd say 80s, but for the absolute gems you have to go to the 50s and 60s.

nah

CGI and tokusetsu/JAV tier acting

Hold up, has that Ryo Fukui album showed up for you?
I shrugged it off because I like 80s Japshit

I love all that city pop suddenly popping up.
I only thought it was because I am a weeb but it's for everyone.
Why is that?

Is this a YouTube thing? I rarely use YouTube for anything anymore.

people are finally finding out good japanese music from the 70s and 80s. glad i did 10 years ago, although it has been a lonely ride.

I've listened to a few non-anime related 70's/80's Japanese albums but not much. Don't like listening to new music, scared of trying new things.

Recommend me some good JAV with female armpit hair.

that's fine. enjoy what you do like.

What does having a Japanese gf feel like?

>70s and 80s.

user you can go deeper

Like listening to city pop. :3

JenCon had a Japanese language single release at some point in the 80's.

Why does Sup Forums know Japanese movies from black and white era and from years since 2000a but not movies from 80s

What happened to Japan during 80s? Was it a bad decade in terms of their movie qualities ?

There is lots of cool stuff from that time. It was when vhs hit and there were lots of straight to video movies made, often with edgier content than what they could get away with in theaters.

Check out the guinea pig series if you like horror, start with mermaid in the sewer

I can name a couple but I can't honestly think of how many 80's Japanese films I've seen. I've seen Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence and I think Tetsuo was 1989. Otherwise I'm drawing blanks.

protip: Chinese cinema had better kino than Japan in the 1980s

Tampopo
Black Rain (Ridley Scott)
Mishima: A Life In Four Chapters
Burst City
Tetsuo The Iron Man
The Family Game
A Taxing Woman
The Emperor's Naked Army Marches On

DESU it's hard to find good, slice of life/ lite-romantic comedy fare that shows off 80's Tokyo and the like because so few films like that have been released in other territories.

This is true, but I think what the OP wants is lite, fluffy 80's Jpop tinged comedies or slice of life that really give you a vibe for Tokyo in the 80's.

Hong Kong genre cinema was on fire in the 80's and can't be beat by anything other than Hollywood's genre fare at the time.

It was just full of anime, kaiju and tv dramas

most of that kind of fare was made as tv dramas instead of feature films too

>guinea pig series
Been meaning to watch these after I read Charlie Sheen genuinely thought it was a snuff tape and sent it to the fbi

Any good recent kdramas released this year or last year? Haven't watched any except Best Hit

mosquito on the tenth floor

80's was all chinese movies

>Recommend me some good JAV with female armpit hair.
Anyone?

I know this is a meme post, but this movie is pretty awful
youtube.com/watch?v=B-LmIcMOGD0

You'll have more success on /r/ and /hc/ with that.

Karate Kid 2

Which japanese movie catches the city pop essence the best?

Police Story

80's anime did it better, specifically California Crisis, Dirty Pair Project Eden, and Project A-Ko.

Hong Kong and Taiwan, my man. Much better movies in the 80s.

I love old anime!

bump

Black Rain, but I must warn you, the japanese dialogue is so weird. Even though the actors are japanese, as japanese myself it sounds so strange. It was clearly written by a non-japanese and translated and the actors were told to read the lines as written. I think this is much like what a tommy wiseau movie sounds like to americans, like some non human alien wrote it.
Good flick though

Sup Forums kino