/stg/ - Stranger Things General

Hail to the King, baby.

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EvsDPzq30p0
webm.land/w/XbK5/
deadline.com/2017/10/stranger-things-2-spoilers-recap-duffer-brothers-millie-bobby-brown-david-harbour-winona-ryder-james-cameron-netflix-1202195902/
eonline.com/news/890175/stranger-things-season-5-the-duffer-brothers-are-trying-to-decide-how-long-the-show-will-last
agcwebpages.com/BLINDITEMS/2017/NOVEMBER.html
agcwebpages.com/BLINDITEMS/MAINPAGE.html
crazydaysandnights.net/
vanityfair.com/style/2016/10/crazy-days-and-nights-enty-interview
mashable.com/2017/11/01/stranger-things-season-2-review-bad-worse-season-1/
rottentomatoes.com/tv/stranger_things/s02
twitter.com/AnonBabble

1st for gas all pedos

>people still think Steve is the King of Hawkins High

it's like you skipped the second season to see Billy make everyone at school hate him and see Jonathan steal his girlfriend away

Steve's gonna be on suicide watch in season three

El's a cutie.

Such heresy will not be tolerated in the court of Steve, you have been weighed, measured and found wanting.

>any man who says I am the king is no true king

based king Steve allows Billy to be his jester

>Billy
>Bitch slapped by his dad for being a total faggot
>Had to use a plate to win a fight
>completely emasculated by his 13 year old sister
wew lad. And Jonathan can keep the skeleton, Steve deserves better.

obligatory
youtube.com/watch?v=EvsDPzq30p0

Best Chad reporting in

Steve protagonist of season 3 confirmed?

>wew lad. And Jonathan can keep the skeleton, Steve deserves better.

this

>Every season they increase his screen time and importance on the storyline
>He started out as a barely relevant side character
>By season 4 he is the MC and has to hunt down the big bad in the upside down to end it all
I would probably be unable to stop cumming.

>>Had to use a plate to win a fight
Billy wasn't even trying when Steve was throwing punches at him

why does this get linked every fucking thread? please stop

>Stranger Things 3
>The Mind Flayer takes a different approach to taking over Hawkins, by poisoning the adult’s minds
>With Johnathan and Nancy at college its up to Steve and the party to find out whats going on and how to stop it
>with the adults pre occupied by being taken over and too untrustworthy with information, Steve needs the help of an unlikely ally, Billy.

Would it work?

>12 episodes long
>extra slice of life and character development
>less CGI monster stuff and more of a creepy body snatchers vibe
Absolute kino.

Who would kick Steve's ass this time? Billy's dad?

I want slice of life Season 3.

unironically sounds pretty good
but i have doubts they will use the same monster (ie mind flayer) as season 2

Probably.

The adults become corrupted, and making Billy’s dad even worse than before, perhaps comig to blows with Steve and Billy.

>Steve needs the help of an unlikely ally, Billy.
KINO

Mind Flayer is 100% end boss. Just has to be. It now knows a powerful psionic like Jane is out there. And it's shown an interest in her. That's not a good combo.

Granted, they don't want to repeat mind control, even with the gas out there as cliffhanger bait. So they are doing something different for 3. Fuck if I know what though.

I wish they would release this show week by week rather than all at once. It would be fun to talk shit here and theorize what’s going to happen next week

Finally finished season 2 so I can post in here.

Billy literally did nothing wrong and is badass. He listens to great music too

Same, its ridiculous that people binge all 8 episodes in one day. Then there are people spoiling on day one, and then when someone like me who watched like 2 episodes or less a day get none of the conversation.

Mr. Wheeler sleeps through the invasion

Mr Wheeler, Steve and Billy team up

webm.land/w/XbK5/

Will she ever recover?

YES

>Fuck if I know what though.
Neither do the Duffers, they only started writing season three a week or so ago. They deliberately gave season two a happy ending without cliffhangers because they didn't want to write themselves into a corner (in other words, the seasons are no longer going to naturally flow into each other, because they no longer have an endgame in sight so long as Netflix keeps throwing cash at them).

Delet

Lmao. She seems annoying as fuck to be around, good for Finn

I don't go anywhere where I could read spoilers, and threaten friends to spoil them shows they are watching if they spoil my shows, but I usually watch 2-3 ep/day so the time windows to spoil me is short

love steve

Poor girl. Her dad is stealing all hr money and working her like a horse and her crush hates her and prefers boipussy.

Threadly reminder that Steve is getting even more screen time next season.

Calm down son. They're still saying 4 to 5. They say they know the end. They're clearly still playing loose to get there. They probably just want to avoid how awkward it was getting Eleven out of the Upside Down this year.

Coming to Sup Forums is a daily occurrence for me. And some dick always has to have a spoiler thumbnail for something I like.

Like Bob.

This is the unintended side effect of homosexuality at their age. A hetero girl tries to get the attention of the boy they like, and she's meant with this unnatural hostility towards her because the boy is actually gay, and his rejections make her think there's something wrong with her, thinking no man could really love her, turning her into a homosexual herself. It's a vicious cycle.

>They're still saying 4 to 5.
No they're not.

deadline.com/2017/10/stranger-things-2-spoilers-recap-duffer-brothers-millie-bobby-brown-david-harbour-winona-ryder-james-cameron-netflix-1202195902/

>We think we know where we want it to end basically, we’re not sure how long it’s going to take to get there.

Agreed!

someone give me a quick rundown of what these lawyer quotes are all about

And from three days later you oblivious fuck.

eonline.com/news/890175/stranger-things-season-5-the-duffer-brothers-are-trying-to-decide-how-long-the-show-will-last

so many jobless neets on Sup Forums that make threads with images from ep 7 onwards within 24hrs of release

This. I don't think they thought the show was going to take off like this and they assumed it was probably going to be a one off and left it open ended. Then it blew up to one of the biggest properties netflix owns and they had to find a way to continue the storyline so they needed a bridge season to set up the rest of the overarching plot they outlined. this was that bridge season. the rest of them shouldn't feel so much like re-hash filler.

Wow, are you fucking illiterate or did you see "four to five" and just stop reading there?

>I think, you know, four to five seasons is likely where we'll end up, but who knows? I mean, none of this official, and we know where we want to go. We're trying to figure out still how long it'll take to get there, so we'll see.

Exactly. 2 was to polish off 1, and open up the rest of the story.

You can't comprehend how people convey complex ideas at all.

It's a Hollywood lawyer that uses a shitload of proxies and other stuff to leak dirt about celebrities. most of the time its real but you don't find out until much later, occasionally he/she is wrong but honestly I have only seen a couple of those. for instance all the Hollywood sex allegations coming out were called out years ago by this person. take what you read with a grain of salt but chances are there is a lot of truth in it.
agcwebpages.com/BLINDITEMS/2017/NOVEMBER.html
Have fun diving into the rabbit hole.

Is that the best retort you could come up with?

Imagine the hate for episode 7 if they left it at that for a full week

I just don't know how to handle your obtuse idiocy.

WHAT THE FUCK IS HIS PROBLEM?

Sounds like you have your own case of idiocy to worry about, then.

Why is he a libtard? In last episode when they talk about some evil men he guesses : "Nazis?"

>Finn seemed to want Millie's attention during the season one interview circuit
>she shut him down and embarrassed him every time
>now he's getting revenge

She has no one to blame but herself for this.

You are delusional.

Repressed homosexual urges because his father is a strict military-type figure who would likely kill him if he ever came out. Has an admiration for Steve which he expresses through hostility. Has adopted sociopath traits from his father like racism, sexism and general hate towards everyone and everything.

Why can't they did it daily instead of weekly for the same reason?

At least she is going to UNJUST and land the lead role in Narnia after freeing herself from her parasitic parents.

So what can we expect out of season 3? A teen romance movie with big bad government intervention?

Also how the fuck does Zombie Boy get a dance before Dustin? That straight fucked up.

That fight should have ended with Steve knocking him out and saying "next time plant your feet"
Skelley and Jon are gonna be on the run from Tabloid man. They alienated their whole community. Steve wont have to worry about that shit.

>That fight should have ended with Steve knocking him out and saying "next time plant your feet"
fucking damn it /stg/, stop reminding how easily better S2 could've been

el goes to school slice of life funtimes

But if that were to actually happen then we would've needed to see a flashback of the exact moment when they were playing basketball and Billy saying "PLANT YOUR FEET" just so we could understand the context.

t.memorylet

I think netflix should do this in general with all their major serialized shows. binge watching can be fun but the extended discussion week by week is much better

>Ahhh I can't believe season 2 has an interracial relationship
>Season 1 would never have done this

>we would've needed to see a flashback

Did you fags even watch S2? It's a joke because there were pointless flashbacks all over the place

White men and asian women is the best interracial relationship. Black and white dont mix.

Steve's going to college and he's a pretty boy who drives a fucking 7 series BMW. He'll be just fine.

agcwebpages.com/BLINDITEMS/MAINPAGE.html
Here it actually is

>there were pointless flashbacks all over the place

the point was it showed how Elle managed to stay safe and out of harm and become trusted by Hopper without just doing it all in the first episode to get it out the way.

Anyone else disappointed in Season 2? Felt very uninspired and predictable and stupid in a lot of places.

The new characters are mostly predictable and tired cliches. Max is an interesting character, but she only exists to further Lucas' and Dustin's character development. She never really does anything. Max's brother is just a completely shitty unbelieveable trope of a character. You already knew Bob would die from the first time he appeared on screen.

I think what really brought down this season was that it lacked a lot of the charm of the first, and lacked that real Goonies feel with the kids, since they were split up basically all the time. The lack of Eleven was a mistake, as Max doesn't do much of anything as a character to fill her shoes.

Jonathan and Nancy's plot line seemed contrived and stupid. I was bored with it and barely cared about it until when they finally met up with everyone else. I appreciate all the attention given to Steve this season, his character development was at least really good.

Dustin was made to be a complete and total fucking idiot in this season and most of his decisions make no sense. Why would he willingly keep something from the upside down that he knows came from Will who got fucked hard by the upside down before, as he already knew. His dialogue ranged from cute to cringe.

There's probably a lot more but that's all I can think of right now. It was still a good season, but no way in hell better than the first. I'd give it a 7.5/10

these are just reposts, main site is at crazydaysandnights.net/

vanityfair.com/style/2016/10/crazy-days-and-nights-enty-interview

No I'm not talking about those, those were like the flashbacks in season one when El was having PTSD for shit in the lab. I'm talking about shit like Bob giving Will advice and then it's intercut into the scene at the end of the same episode as if viewers wouldn't be able to remember it, or when Eight's stupid bug shows up again in the finale to say "USE YOUR ANGER"

Pretty much everyone agrees Season 1 was much better, yeah. I agree with all of your points almost completely. It was fine, in all honestly, as your final rating indicates, just had a lot of untapped potential - could have been so much more.

>Anyone else disappointed in Season 2?
Where have you been? Literally everyone hates season two.

Meanwhile I forgot that Mike had promised to take Jane to the Snowball in season 1, so that moment lost a bit of its oomph for me in season 2. It was a quick moment that had a lot of meaning for a full year later. I could have used a bit of a reminder.

I just finished it today, and never checked these threads before. Plus I'm seeing like, universal praise for it and lots of people claiming it's better than S1.

Too tired to break this all down/ I think you're mostly right, if being too harsh on a lot of things.

The group dynamic missing was the huge letdown of the season. They said season 3 will be character focused, making me think they realize this problem and are going to correct it.

I've not yet seen anybody say it's better than 1. I've seen people say they've seen people say it's better than 1 though.

So. I don't know man.

agree with all this
the eleven and hopper scenes are the best thing about this season

Have a look on IMDB or Rotten Tomatoes.

*honesty

>universal praise for it and lots of people claiming it's better than S1.

Honestly it's just hype. Reddit's obsessed with it.

Here's a good article, ignore the clickbait title: mashable.com/2017/11/01/stranger-things-season-2-review-bad-worse-season-1/

Why? IMDB especially is a cesspit of overly praising or hating whatever is new. It's so reactionary it's utterly pointless. Look at the hate for episode 7. Yeah, 100% the worst of the season. But it's not terrible at all.

That's what happens when you suck the purpose out of new characters to save their involvement for later season. Max's only functions were to drive that fucking car and create tension between two of the boys, she was obviously meant for much more but it was all cut because the Duffers are reworking their road map for the entire series. And Bob's purpose wasn't to die and save the day, his actual purpose was to put one more barrier between Joyce and Hopper, who were obviously developing feelings for each other in season one (Hopper seemed to already have them since he was fucking Joyce lookalikes at his house). I think their closeness in the car park at the end is going to lead into them hooking up, which was clearly delayed by Bob.

For IMDb, there are multiple times more many ratings for S1 as S2, so it's not exactly a fair comparison. The ratings will fall/even out over time - give it at least a few months. (This chart is a few days old, by the way - the individual episode page ratings update in real time but /eprate and /epdate only once every week or so).

I forgot to mention the Eleven and Hopper dynamic, that was something I enjoyed very much as well.

I think it's also universally assumed that Episode 7, the one which is entirely focused on 11 and Kali, was by far the worst episode in the entire show, didn't even feel like I was watching Stranger Things anymore, more like a really bad B movie.

There were actually lots of little callbacks like that to season 1 that I'm sure most people probably forgot. Like El saying time as 8, 1, 5 instead of eight fifteen; she did that because that's how Mike told her to tell time when she didn't understand how to read his watch.

I still think the coolest bit of continuity is Hopper's green bracelet, though. Throughout most of seasons 1 and two you can see Hopper wearing a friendship bracelet that's heavily hinted to be a gift from his daughter in the flashbacks. During the Snow Ball scene, El is wearing it, which means Hopper gave her what's probably his main reminder of his Sarah, which is sweet as fuck.

Finn is only for Jack

I'm all for the Joyce/Hopper thing after this season. After 1 it felt off. Joyce was too frenetic. With good reason, but it felt off for a romantic angle to be in the offing. But this year she handled things much better and made some tough calls. She's showing a spine of steel in dealing with this bullshit. I like it.

When they do hook up, I really hope it's a full season before the end so we can get a few episodes of Will and Jane as siblings and figuring that out.

Arguing over the remote when only one of them even needs it for instance.

>Critics Consensus: Stranger Things' slow-building sophomore season balances moments of humor and a nostalgic sweetness against a growing horror that's all the more effective thanks to the show's full-bodied characters and evocative tone.
>94% of critics liked it
>92% of viewers liked it based on 2,464 ratings
i think the overall response to S2 has been very favorable. but i haven't seen anybody say that it's better than S1

I think the main thing you're seeing that season 2 does some things really well, like the Eleven and Hopper relationship, and some things really badly, like the Chicago stuff. It's still a good season, but it's uneven, and the two have slightly different focuses. So some people who prefer the things that season 2 did well will probably think it's better, even though it contains the worst episode of the series.

It's like a 6 on IMDB or something when every other episode in the history of the show is 8 or 9. It's kinda funny that the one episode that's completely girl-centric is the only one to ever be directed by a girl, and she still somehow managed to fuck it all up.

forgot link
rottentomatoes.com/tv/stranger_things/s02

>Why would he willingly keep something from the upside down that he knows came from Will who got fucked hard by the upside down before, as he already knew.

I agree with your other points, but he didn't know this and thought it was some new species, and by the time he learned it was from the upside down, he had grown attached to it, and didn't even think it was demogorgon related until it ate Mews, at which point he admitted his fuckup. He was just a dumb kid being a dumb kid.

I don't think it would've been weird if they hooked up at some point over the course of an entire year. It makes a bit more sense from Hopper's perspective though since he had his hands full with Eleven.

Pic of my dad in the 80's, aka real life Billy.

> His father was supposedly a big asshole to him growing up.
> Good looking. Older women in my small town still make awkward comments about him to me. "Oh I had a crush on your daddy growing up".
> Sports god during high school including basketball even as a white boy. Grandma still has newspaper clippings of him.
> 2nd gen Camaro.
> Denim
> Beer on the center console.
> Aviators.

A lot of the ones like that I've heard about since. (Like the toy dino Mike has trouble figuring out what to do with is the first toy he showed to Eleven.) They've been very neat things to learn about that show an attention to detail I appreciate. I just think that Snowball thing was pretty important for how the season ended, and the idea of keeping promises those two have.

And yes, that bracelet thing was utterly adorable and heartwarming and that improved a shitty day for me, I'll say that.

On very very small details still left dangling, Sarah, Eleven, and Will all had the same stuffed lion and Harbour has hinted this may not be an accident. As well as the stairwell where he cries over Sarah being one we later see in Hawkins Lab. So. Who knows?